PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: JETS enter Russell Sweepstakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: JETS enter Russell Sweepstakes?

Do you feel that Russell is a better QB than Sanchez?

It might be closer than you'd expect ;)

this thread is attracting more sarcasm than usual, and it's hilarious

Excellent move for the Jets.
When you had the 2nd worst starting QB in the NFL, the natural move is to find the only one that was worse and make him the backup. Synergy of suckiness.

Imagine how bad Sanchez, Clemens and O'Connell must have felt when they got the news.

"Now, guys, this is no reflection on you, but we're bringing one of the biggest busts in NFL history to play quarterback, in order to improve the competition at the position.

I mean, if you're Clemens or O'Connell, isn't that a pretty clear indication that it's time to start looking for work in another field?

I can see it now: Sanchez throws three picks and is benched by Jabba, who puts Russell in and Jamarcus throws three more picks. LaClassian complains to the press that the Green Beans should be running more. Jabba gets roasted by the media and gives reporters the middle finger. Woody fines Jabba $1 million. Ed the Fire Elf commits suicide jumping from the upper deck. Namath starts drinking again and forces Suzy Kolber to seek a restraining order. Holmes and Edwards get implicated in a shooting at a strip club and are suspended, while Cromartie fathers two more illegitimate children and is ordered by judges to pay a record $6 million annually in child support. Meanwhile, Jenkins returns to binge eating and suffers a heart attack trying to chase down a running back 5 yards away. HBO's "Hard Knocks" sue the Green Beans for false representation (impersonating a football team). PSL sales plummet. Woody tries to move the team to Los Angeles, but his bid is blocked by Hollywood because it would be too much of a distraction for the film industry.

The circus is on, people! :singing::rocker::bricks:

LMAO TUne, great rant.

About the thread title - isn't a Sweepstakes supposed to have a prize? I mean, it's not like "Men born on September 13 enter Draft Sweepstakes" was ever a headline, back when we had a draft. When they do stories on the various near-earth objects that have some small chance of hitting us, it's not like "Earth enters asteroid impact sweepstakes..."

This story's more like "Jets put in Foreclosure Bid on Run-Down Townhome In Bad Neighborhood," with a second deck reading "Was Worth $700,000 in 2006."

LMAO TUne, great rant.

About the thread title - isn't a Sweepstakes supposed to have a prize? I mean, it's not like "Men born on September 13 enter Draft Sweepstakes" was ever a headline, back when we had a draft. When they do stories on the various near-earth objects that have some small chance of hitting us, it's not like "Earth enters asteroid impact sweepstakes..."

This story's more like "Jets put in Foreclosure Bid on Run-Down Townhome In Bad Neighborhood," with a second deck reading "Was Worth $700,000 in 2006."

But a sweepstakes can have a booby prize, right?

But a sweepstakes can have a booby prize, right?

Yeah, but usually there's an actual prize worth winning somewhere in there, too.

The Russell bidding "war" is like a bet made between a bunch of drunken frat boys to see which one of them can contract mono fastest. No matter who "wins," everyone loses just by taking part.

Last edited:
This sweepstakes dabbling may in fact be born of the risk reward inherent in the vaunted Rex Ryan leadership model - let the inmates believe they run the asylum. Apparently the boys don't want AARP candidate Mark Brunnel brought in to mentor and backup the Sanchise. Of course depending on which lessons the FO wants Sanchise to learn this could be a good or a bad idea... Players apparently want their veteran teamate who has already been pretty much deemed incompetent to helm an NFL offense by multiple regimes to retain his #2 standing. Given all the angst over parting ways with actual functional veteran leaders this offseason, the FO may be feeling the pinch of inching too close to the edge of the inmate risk reward precipise... Do you toss the inmates a bone and hope it doesn't backfire or do tell them to mind their own business and hope they don't ultimately riot on you...or do you try to distract them yet again by making another offseason splash...

This franchise is the perfect candidate for Hardknocks. Everything the JETS do is like a soap opera.

I think the Jets finish in the final 4 which we read about here daily from the infestation of Jets fans, means that they can't move on Brunell until early July. Probably simply speculative QB tire kicking re:Russell as he brings no vet savvy whatsoever to the Jets' QB corpse (sic).

Jets after Russell??...well then...BRING ON THE CLOWNS!!!..J-E-S-T...CLOWNS CLOWNS CLOWNS!!!

clowns.jpg

I can see it now: Sanchez throws three picks and is benched by Jabba, who puts Russell in and Jamarcus throws three more picks. LaClassian complains to the press that the Green Beans should be running more. Jabba gets roasted by the media and gives reporters the middle finger. Woody fines Jabba $1 million. Ed the Fire Elf commits suicide jumping from the upper deck. Namath starts drinking again and forces Suzy Kolber to seek a restraining order. Holmes and Edwards get implicated in a shooting at a strip club and are suspended, while Cromartie fathers two more illegitimate children and is ordered by judges to pay a record $6 million annually in child support. Meanwhile, Jenkins returns to binge eating and suffers a heart attack trying to chase down a running back 5 yards away. HBO's "Hard Knocks" sue the Green Beans for false representation (impersonating a football team). PSL sales plummet. Woody tries to move the team to Los Angeles, but his bid is blocked by Hollywood because it would be too much of a distraction for the film industry.

The circus is on, people! :singing::rocker::bricks:

If I could rep this, I would. One of the better rants I have read on here in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes