PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets "confident" they won't have blackouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
=======================================================

When did Edwards get suspended?

I understand it is possible, just did not realize he had been suspended.

Hard Knocks will be a good watch this year.:)

Edwards is suspended for the first game of the season for an incident that he was in a week before he was traded to the Jets.

Edwards is suspended for the first game of the season for an incident that he was in a week before he was traded to the Jets.

======================================================

I've spent about 20 minutes on Google and can not confirm this, do you have a link?

====================================

So the jets make you horny, interesting...
:eek:

To quote Larry the Cable Guy: "I don't know about, but that's funny right there"

Curse you and your logic turning that around on him :D

If they try to sell those tickets w/o the PSLs, my guess is that there will be a class-action lawsuit filed in a New York minute. The Jets were promoting the PSLs both as a prerequisitie to buying those tickets and as an investment. If they start selling those tix w/o PSLs, they will be diminishing the value of all the "investments" they sold. As a Patriots fan, this sounds almost too good to be true.
Such a lawsuit would have absolutely zero chance of winning. A PSL is what it is. It is a price you pay for the rights to buy season tickets to a specific seat. There is nothing in the PSL agreement that says or implies that if no one buys a PSL to the seat next to you, then the team can't sell tickets for that seats on a game-by-game basis.

really...trying to figure this out hurts my head...when did it all go so wrong in this country when a family man can't afford to take his kids to see any of the four major sports ?
Baseball is very reasonably priced in about 26 of 28 MLB cities. But Boston is not one of them.

===============================================

I am not positive, but I believe Edwards is earning less then a Million next season. I believe Cromartie, Holmes and Edwards are all under a Mil. in this there contract year.

You are correct that Holmes and Edwards were scheduled to make under $1mill. But that doesn't include any escalators they may have hit.

Cromartie was scheduled to make 1.223 million, but we all know he had to redo that a bit so he could pay his child-support..

I think if the Jets keep this up, they might have to be dubbed the Raiders of the East..

That article doesn't say he will be suspended.

I guess they haven't made a decision on it yet, but if there has been no news yet, I would lean towards thinking that he wont get suspended.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4833980

Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it isn't going to happen or it won't happen.

After the incident he was in trouble with the courts over child support. That is in addition to his run in with the law over a 120 mile per hour speeding ticket that had he not been a celebrity he would have gotten an immediate arrest for...that's three strikes in just over a year for him.

Last edited:
======================================================

I've spent about 20 minutes on Google and can not confirm this, do you have a link?

My bad. Everyone expects him to be suspended for the first game of the season based on prescident, but it hasn't been officially announced yet. Probably will happen right around the start of camp. He plead no contest on the assault. Based on prescidence, it is an one game suspension.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.

The Jets have no chance beating Baltimore with Crotchery as the #1 WR. Ngata and Cody will eat up the runningame for lunch.:)

Source: Braylon Edwards facing NFL penalty next season - ESPN

Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it isn't going to happen or it won't happen.

After the incident he was in trouble with the courts over child support. That is in addition to his run in with the law over a 120 mile per hour speeding ticket that had he not been a celebrity he would have gotten an immediate arrest for...that's three strikes in just over a year for him.

Ok, but by the same logic just because it may happen dosen't mean like it will. Seems like some of you are taken it at a given that he definitely will be suspended, and that isn't the facts right now.

Ok, but by the same logic just because it may happen dosen't mean like it will. Seems like some of you are taken it at a given that he definitely will be suspended, and that isn't the facts right now.

Based on presidence, it will happen though. There are examples of players who plead no contest to assault like Edwards who got an one game suspension (See Ricky Manning Jr). I would place the odds as he is more likely to get an one game suspension than not. In fact, he might already have the suspension and he is going through the appeals process as we speak. Suspensions aren't usually anounced until the appeals process is finalized (see Brian Cushing).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ea-likely-will-trigger-a-one-game-suspension/

Last edited:

Based on the ESPN piece, I think the accurate wording of that is "Edwards is facing suspension...". He hasn't been suspended, but, "from your lips to God's ears!"

Such a lawsuit would have absolutely zero chance of winning. A PSL is what it is. It is a price you pay for the rights to buy season tickets to a specific seat. There is nothing in the PSL agreement that says or implies that if no one buys a PSL to the seat next to you, then the team can't sell tickets for that seats on a game-by-game basis.

I would disagree about this--I think you're overlooking the degree to which the Jets have hyped these PSLs as investments that will increase in value and not simply as licenses to purchase tickets. Go over to JI and read some of the PSL threads.

I would disagree about this--I think you're overlooking the degree to which the Jets have hyped these PSLs as investments that will increase in value and not simply as licenses to purchase tickets. Go over to JI and read some of the PSL threads.
You can't (successfully) sue the Jets based on hype on a fan forum, or even in Jets advertising. Only if in the sales contract it promised you would gain an increase. And the chance of that promise being in writing is nil.

no you won't. they're not selling the leftovers on a game by game basis because it would be unfair to those who shelled out thousands for a psl...
Unfair? What does fair have to do with it? They got all the money they could from selling PSLs. They are not going to lose a ton of money because it wouldn't be 'fair' to people who already paid. The next thing they do is lower the price of the PSLs until people start buying them. Fair? Is if fair that if you buy car in March for $30,000 and in May GM gives a $5000 actory rebate on the same vehicle?

Jets will lower the price to the point where more people buy. If seats are still unsold, then they can either sell them individually the week of the game or donate them to boys/girls clubs. They aren't going to lose TV revenue.

Remember when Atlanta sold seasons tickets for $100? Didn't matter if people came to the game or not, as long as the seat was sold. Need the TV revenue. And when that didn't fully work, they simply removed a crapload of seats from the upper deck.

Last edited:
I went straight to the horse's mouth instead, and looked at how the Jets were selling their PSL's on their own website. I see the normal nonsense about having reserved parking and great seats, and I see where they say the PSLs are transferable, but I don't see a single thing saying they are a great investment or anything that implies they will increase in value.

Jets threads popping up all over the place. The team is good and interesting...I'll take it.

Jets threads popping up all over the place. The team is good and interesting...I'll take it.

Interesting for sure.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News