PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets "confident" they won't have blackouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a lawsuit would have absolutely zero chance of winning. A PSL is what it is. It is a price you pay for the rights to buy season tickets to a specific seat. There is nothing in the PSL agreement that says or implies that if no one buys a PSL to the seat next to you, then the team can't sell tickets for that seats on a game-by-game basis.

EDIT: Pls see my post two below this one. I had written another answer, but then found out some relevant information.

Last edited:
You can't (successfully) sue the Jets based on hype on a fan forum, or even in Jets advertising. Only if in the sales contract it promised you would gain an increase. And the chance of that promise being in writing is nil.

Unfair? What does fair have to do with it? They got all the money they could from selling PSLs. They are not going to lose a ton of money because it wouldn't be 'fair' to people who already paid. The next thing they do is lower the price of the PSLs until people start buying them. Fair? Is if fair that if you buy car in March for $30,000 and in May GM gives a $5000 actory rebate on the same vehicle?

Jets will lower the price to the point where more people buy. If seats are still unsold, then they can either sell them individually the week of the game or donate them to boys/girls clubs. They aren't going to lose TV revenue.

Remember when Atlanta sold seasons tickets for $100? Didn't matter if people came to the game or not, as long as the seat was sold. Need the TV revenue. And when that didn't fully work, they simply removed a crapload of seats from the upper deck.

I agree that it isn't a matter of "fair" or "unfair." But, as I said in another post, I do think what was in the original Jets PSL Offering Memorandum (or its equivalent) is important.

[EDIT: pls see my post below]

Last edited:
You can't (successfully) sue the Jets based on hype on a fan forum, or even in Jets advertising. Only if in the sales contract it promised you would gain an increase. And the chance of that promise being in writing is nil....

If you go to this link, you can find a description of the seats being sold under a PSL and a link to the PSL license: New Jets Stadium - Reserved PSL

A quick read of both suggests the following:

The Jets clearly describe whole sections as being sold via PSL's, but they add the disclaimer that "Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. The terms and conditions of each PSL will be set forth in the Personal Seat License Agreement (updated 02-09-09) that each purchaser must read and accept to obtain a PSL."

So, basically they can change their minds about what seats they are selling via PSL's at any time.

In the License, the Licensee has to aver that s/he is not purchasing the PSL as an Investment. In addition, the Jets represent that they cannot guarantee the future value of the PSL. There is no "Price List" in the license and each License is sold individually with a price indicated in the Confirmation of the transaction. The Licensee also gives up the right to a jury trial regarding any disputes arising from the sale.

So, the Jets have completely protected themselves legally and it's "Buyer Beware." The purchaser wouldn't have a leg to stand on if the Jets decided to stop selling PSL's tomorrow or cut the price in half. A friendly jury might find against the Jets, but the licensee gives up that right in the license.

The Jets would have a huge PR problem, but no legal problem hanging their fans out to dry. Nice organization!

Last edited:
If you go to this link, you can find a description of the seats being sold under a PSL and a link to the PSL license: New Jets Stadium - Reserved PSL

A quick read of both suggests the following:

The Jets clearly describe whole sections as being sold via PSL's, but they add the disclaimer that "Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. The terms and conditions of each PSL will be set forth in the Personal Seat License Agreement (updated 02-09-09) that each purchaser must read and accept to obtain a PSL."

So, basically they can change their minds about what seats they are selling via PSL's at any time.

In the License, the Licensee has to aver that s/he is not purchasing the PSL as an Investment. In addition, the Jets represent that they cannot guarantee the future value of the PSL. There is no "Price List" in the license and each License is sold individually with a price indicated in the Confirmation of the transaction. The Licensee also gives up the right to a jury trial regarding any disputes arising from the sale.

So, the Jets have completely protected themselves legally and it's "Buyer Beware." The purchaser wouldn't have a leg to stand on if the Jets decided to stop selling PSL's tomorrow. A friendly jury might find against the Jets, but the licensee gives up that right in the license.

The Jets would have a huge PR problem, but no legal problem hanging their fans out to dry. Nice organization!

If I were a Green Beans fan (which I cannot imagine in my wildest nightmares), I would be livid if I bought PSLs and then spent the season surrounded by fans of visiting teams who got single-game tickets because adjoining PSLs did not sell. Let's hope this happens.

If I were a Green Beans fan (which I cannot imagine in my wildest nightmares), I would be livid if I bought PSLs and then spent the season surrounded by fans of visiting teams who got single-game tickets because adjoining PSLs did not sell. Let's hope this happens.

Awww. Wouldn't it be a shame if Woody had to do something like that? Poor guy. Having to choose between TV money and the loyalty of his fans. :singing::singing::singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes