PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT JETS 3rd round pick Ellis could be deported

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that in Ellis' case it got pushed back because he changed legal representation (presumably he has access to a higher caliber of lawyer now that he's drafted into the NFL). Makes sense that a judge would okay that, as it's a pretty reasonable request.

I agree. As I said, typically, judges give defendants any reasonable requests for continuances in felony cases. It got pushed back to November 28th.

I am saying it will most likely get pushed back again into winter of next year (probably March) because Ellis will ask for another continuance because he will probably say the football season hinders his ability to properly assist in his defense.

1) If I knew I was about to scrap with a 6'5 350 pound Gigantopithecus lookin NFL nosetackle I would be looking for the closest improvised weapon I could find.

2) Should said Gigantopethicus land a shot, I would fully expect it to detonate my face. A nose and jaw is lucky, homeboy's lucky it didn't include his orbital bone and skull.

3) I'm fairly certain throwing a punch doesn't exceed defending with equal force against a baseball bat. If a midget comes at me with a knife and I kick that little fugger ten feet I wouldn't expect the courts to penalize me for being taller. Wee bastard had blade.

4) I don't like the Jets, nor Ellis, but rooting for him to lose everything overa punch is a little excessive.

You are assuming a lot of facts that are not in evidence. We have no idea how many times Ellis punched the guy. We don't know if he ever really swung the bat or even had it in his hands when Ellis broke his jaw. We don't know if Ellis wailed on the guy when he was on the ground defenseless.

If all Ellis did was throw one punch, then yes, he has a good defense. If he pummeled the guy after he dropped the bat and was defenseless, then his self defense claim is BS and he should go to jail and/or get deported.

Everyone is making assumptions about this incident with virtually zero evidence either exonerating him or burying him.

I'm really not rooting for him to lose anything, but if he did pummel the guy he does deserve to be punished. If he was just defending himself and/or his girlfriend and didn't use excessive force, then he is wrongfully accussed.

All I know for a fact is that he was charged with a felony charge that stated that he had no lawful reason for his actions and he acted in a way to do severe bodily harm to the other other guy. Now the evidence may or may not support that charge.

lots of classy Patriots fanboyism displayed in this thread....:rolleyes:

*cough* closet jet fan *cough*

Even if it might be harsh i can't help but lmao as this guy is one of the few Jets draft picks.

Closet Jets fan?

Is your waist size the same as your IQ?

:confused:

Meriweather was born in the U.S., so deportation was never an issue, and he was cleared in the Miami shooting probe.

You mean BM is a US citizen. Obviously people not born in the US can be citizens.

You are assuming a lot of facts that are not in evidence. We have no idea how many times Ellis punched the guy. We don't know if he ever really swung the bat or even had it in his hands when Ellis broke his jaw. We don't know if Ellis wailed on the guy when he was on the ground defenseless.

If all Ellis did was throw one punch, then yes, he has a good defense. If he pummeled the guy after he dropped the bat and was defenseless, then his self defense claim is BS and he should go to jail and/or get deported.

Everyone is making assumptions about this incident with virtually zero evidence either exonerating him or burying him.

I'm really not rooting for him to lose anything, but if he did pummel the guy he does deserve to be punished. If he was just defending himself and/or his girlfriend and didn't use excessive force, then he is wrongfully accussed.

All I know for a fact is that he was charged with a felony charge that stated that he had no lawful reason for his actions and he acted in a way to do severe bodily harm to the other other guy. Now the evidence may or may not support that charge.

Whenever someone is charged with a FELONY, there's usually good reason behind it. And the prosecution USUALLY is right. Whether the accused can wiggle out of it before a judge or jury is another matter entirely (as we've seen recently).

While you Jets fans are welcome to post here, making fun of all things Jets is a key forum activity here on a Patriots FAN site.

Here's an apparently badly needed clue...
Think of Patsfans.com and what it means.

Closet Jets fan?

Is your waist size the same as your IQ?

I'm a fat bastard though...don't challenge my IQ!

Typing that took quite an effort...i'ma go get me some goddamn snacks! and heighten my IQ

Yeah...jets fans are the epitome of class. Patriots and their fans are truly a scumbag organization and really don't deserve to be in the AFC East among classy teams such as the Jets.

..sniff...sniff......that last post brought a tear to my big toe....

He isn't illegal. As for the crime he's supposedly committed, have you got the details of what happened?

Right. He's not illegal or he wouldn't have 'permanent resident' status. However for him staying in the US is a privilege, not a right. Therefore if he commits a serious crime he can be deported.

He should be able to afford a good lawyer so it's likely that a deal can be worked out. If he gets a plea deal down to a misdemeanor for example. I don't care either way. Losing Ellis would weaken the Jets. But it's hard to root for someone to get kicked out of the country just because it would affect a rival team.

..sniff...sniff......that last post brought a tear to my big toe....

Can i lick that tear ? Don't worry it wouldn't be weird at all...perfectly natural.

Yeah...jets fans are the epitome of class. Patriots and their fans are truly a scumbag organization and really don't deserve to be in the AFC East among classy teams such as the Jets.

who said anything about jets fans? is the name of this forum "patsfansfootypajamaskraftycandonowrong.com" or something?????

oh, and a bit OT, but apropos...what do the Patriots/Krafty fanboys think of him charging 40 bucks to park to watch his third rate soccer team play a Manchester United team full of reserves on Wednesday night? Just another Krafty moneygrab....

Right. He's not illegal or he wouldn't have 'permanent resident' status. However for him staying in the US is a privilege, not a right. Therefore if he commits a serious crime he can be deported.

He should be able to afford a good lawyer so it's likely that a deal can be worked out. If he gets a plea deal down to a misdemeanor for example. I don't care either way. Losing Ellis would weaken the Jets. But it's hard to root for someone to get kicked out of the country just because it would affect a rival team.

With that signing bonus he hasn't received yet, and that the JEST might not want to pay for fear it gets wasted if/when he gets deported? :confused:

Sanchez and jets are 0-2 in AFCG. Go away TROLL

Rex is a clown

ESPN New York reports that Jets third-round pick Kenrick Ellis is not a U.S. citizen and risks deportation if he's found guilty of the "malicious wounding" felony charge against him.
The trial was recently postponed to November 28, so Ellis should at least be safe till then. A native Jamaican, Ellis is in the United States on "permanent resident status." Persons of that classification who are convicted of aggravated felonies can be deported.

A native Jamaican? Perhaps he'd feel more at home in Merry Olde England, as a recent poll showed that 60% of the populace were sorry they got independence from the yoke & lash of Imperial Rule.

BBC News - Jamaicans would have been better off British - poll

What say you, Brit Pats fans? :)

Me, I like Jamaica, mon.

Last edited:
The Jets and their fanbase have nothing to worry about.

Jet fan Goodell will intervene once the lockout is over and get the whole matter taken care of. Just watch.

The Jets and their fanbase have nothing to worry about.

Jet fan Goodell will intervene once the lockout is over and get the whole matter taken care of. Just watch.

Whether Goodell will interfere or not i don't think much will come out of it anyways.

A complicating action is that this is not the first or even the second or even the third time that he has gotten in trouble with the Law. He was tossed off the USC squad after numerous incidents, only to go to Hampton Institute.

HI is a School and Coach well known for givng a guy a second or third chance. But he was suspended from the HI team several times as well.

IOW, he is a career knucklehead, if NOT YET, a convicted felon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News