PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT JETS 3rd round pick Ellis could be deported

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSolderKing

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
ESPN New York reports that Jets third-round pick Kenrick Ellis is not a U.S. citizen and risks deportation if he's found guilty of the "malicious wounding" felony charge against him.
The trial was recently postponed to November 28, so Ellis should at least be safe till then. A native Jamaican, Ellis is in the United States on "permanent resident status." Persons of that classification who are convicted of aggravated felonies can be deported. Thus, Ellis' best bet will be to agree to a plea deal that reduces the charge against him. If Ellis fights it hard, he'll risk losing not only his NFL career, but his home in the U.S. Jul 8, 10:16 PM
Source: ESPN New York

plz fight it:)

I for one believe that cheap Canadian football labor is ruining the NFL. Us NH folk are veretans of border wars with Canadian hockey teams.

Lmao 10 char.

We shouldn't be laughing about a human being losing their home and their social status. Not for something like this anyway. It's not like he's a rapist or even worse.

We shouldn't be laughing about a human being losing their home and their social status. Not for something like this anyway. It's not like he's a rapist or even worse.

he is illegal... somehow got some full-time citizenship clause. HE comitted aggravated assault, which in essence violated the terms of his deal for citizenship. I have no remorse get him out.

he is illegal... somehow got some full-time citizenship clause. HE comitted aggravated assault, which in essence violated the terms of his deal for citizenship. I have no remorse get him out.

He isn't illegal. As for the crime he's supposedly committed, have you got the details of what happened?

what you talking about? malicious intent to hurt someone is serious. plus we are mostly laughing at the jets team for drafting him.

He isn't illegal. As for the crime he's supposedly committed, have you got the details of what happened?

I say immediate deportation for all those 'undocumented' Brits who came here in the 1600s and 1700s ruining our country!

Plus, they stole alot of our town names :D

Eh, he's a Jet. Maybe it makes me a shallow person, but I'm totally okay with Jets who commit violent felonies being deported.

What I think is really hilarious is the Jets providing further evidence that their draft board may or may not just consist of doing what Mel Kiper says. Outside of the first round, they're not exactly racking up hits.

Last edited:
The comments were based upon if he is convicted. Are you saying there should be an outpouring of grief for a NON Citizen who is convicted of a violent crime being deported?
Whatever happened to personal responsibility and accountability to actions? If he is convicted and deported, how can you feel sorry for his self-inflicted consequence? He would not be worthy of being allowed in the conutry if he is a convicted violent criminal. I'm good with that.

To be fair, the details of the case point toward a plea deal with little negative implications for Ellis. The fact the case has been pushed back to November shows a lack of any immediacy on the part of the prosecution to move forward with the felony charge. My guess, a simple assault misdemeanor and probation.

BUT...Brit Pat...as a Jet player, I hope he gets summarily executed by firing squad at dawn.:yeeha:

Read the article, if he fight for it he might lose it, which it is very likely that he won't. To be fair we don't know the situation, cause if i was him i would be pissed if i got deported compared to guy like our own BM that alleged shot someone and are not punished. Now if he is guilt than deport his ass, and give him a pats jersey to wear as extra punishment.

Last edited:
Read the article, if he fight for it he might lose it, which it is very likely that he won't. To be fair we don't know the situation, cause if i was him i would be pissed if i got deported compared to guy like our own BM that alleged shot someone and are not punished.

:confused:

Meriweather was born in the U.S., so deportation was never an issue, and he was cleared in the Miami shooting probe.

The comments were based upon if he is convicted. Are you saying there should be an outpouring of grief for a NON Citizen who is convicted of a violent crime being deported?
Whatever happened to personal responsibility and accountability to actions? If he is convicted and deported, how can you feel sorry for his self-inflicted consequence? He would not be worthy of being allowed in the conutry if he is a convicted violent criminal. I'm good with that.

Hold on to your horses there - I asked for the details because I genuinely don't know what he's accused of. All I know is that it's aggravated assault - he's clearly used a weapon, but why?

If he's guilty, then that's all well and good - but I'm not sure we should be celebrating it. We should be pitying the guy.

Read the article, if he fight for it he might lose it, which it is very likely that he won't. To be fair we don't know the situation, cause if i was him i would be pissed if i got deported compared to guy like our own BM that alleged shot someone and are not punished. Now if he is guilt than deport his ass, and give him a pats jersey to wear as extra punishment.

Under your laws, Meriweather was deemed to be protecting himself.

Hold on to your horses there - I asked for the details because I genuinely don't know what he's accused of. All I know is that it's aggravated assault - he's clearly used a weapon, but why?

If he's guilty, then that's all well and good - but I'm not sure we should be celebrating it. We should be pitying the guy.
As I said, the premise was if he is guilty.

If he is, I don't know why we would pity him. I don't know why it would be cause for celebration either. But people as supposed to be accountable for their actions and decisions. Being punished for poor ones is not something that I would pity.
Perhaps we just see the accountability and cfriteria for empathy issues differently, and thats fine.

If you were a NONCITIZEN and were found guilty of aggrivated assault, and deported because thats what the conditions of your permission to be here dictate, you would be pissed off because a citizen who didnt get convicted of a crime is still in America?
Can you copyright right that logic so I can buy from you and use it against the IRS and my neighbor who thinks its my problem if I don't like the noise level in his yard?

*cough* closet jet fan *cough*

Even if it might be harsh i can't help but lmao as this guy is one of the few Jets draft picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes