PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: It needs to be said, the NFL Network has been a disappointment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to shut the sound off during last nights game..

I love the Network.... yeah, there are glitches... but it's NFL football all of the time... how could it be BAD?

By putting Sterling Sharpe in a booth with Marshall Faulk. It was bad. Just plain bad.

They're all awful (Faulk) to mediocre (Woodson, Dukes). Schefter is spoon-fed info by the league -- they make it look like he digs for inside scoops, but he doesn't. Chuckles Eisen simply is a master of ceremonies and has no insight whatsoever to offer on anything. The others are former players who have no journalistic credibility or credentials. The station has too much repeat programming/commercials.

I share your disappointment. My biggest gripe is the prevailing notion that a player who had a good career is qualified to be an NFL television analyst. Marshall Faulk is by far the worst example of this I have ever seen. I'm sure there are many, many former players and non-player journalists or ex-coaches who could do a lot better job. Because of the emphasis on ex-players as commentators (at least the one's they've trotted out so far), the whole presentation is "dumbed down," so to speak.

Very good point about the repeat programing. There was a point early in the off-seaon Feb-May that it seemed as though every time I tuned in they were replaying the Super Bowl.

SoonerPatriot OT: It needs to be said, the NFL Network has been a disappointment

Personally I much prefer the NFL Channel's lineup, and find myself watching ESPN less and less. But be that as it may.... lets quantify the disappointment level.

So lets see.... would you say the NFL channel has been more, less, or about an equal disappointment to you as:

a.) Having a brand new basketball you just got for Christmas as a kid, hit the sidewalk awkwardly - and bounce into the street where it's immediately hit and exploded by a passing car?

b.) Having your 17 year old daughter announce at the family Christmas dinner (including grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, and assorted other family) that she and her unemployed 29 year old boyfriend weren't really planning on this... but accidents happen grandpa! And by the way, would it be okay if they remodel your garage as a crash pad - and turn her room into a nursery?

c.) Having your favorite football team make it through almost the entire football season undefeated, only to lose the championship game... and then embarrass themselves further by having the owner give out "rings" to commemorate this monumental failure?

What's the alternative?

I can wake up in the morning, watch some NFL Total Access with a pretty good team of Woodson and Eisen...or I can watch ESPN. Highlights of Baseball, Water Polo, and Mike and Mike rambling about swimming or whatever todays' buzz word sport is for the Network for the entire day, basically setting the program in motion about the same topic for 12 hours.

I'll take my NFL Network with the Occassional ESPNU College Football stuff and then the NFL Live stuff on ESPN.

Big Ten network is pretty good and I'm a Big East fan, get lots of older fun games to watch. SEC is working on their own network which will help fill the gaps in the off season and will help with highlights throughout the regular season.

Now the guys in the Booth on the NFL Network...I'll take anyone over Theisman. Anyone. Heck I'll put up with the Steelers hating Chris Collinsworth over Theisman.

We need to make sure to keep supporting our local radio networks ... it enables the mute feature of the TV.;)

Rich Eisen is awesome, and I want you to f*cking acknowledge it.

Rich Eisen is Howdy Doody in a suit. He knows very little about football, he's paid to be glib and keep the conversations flowing. I'll never forget him saying he was "outraged" over spygate last fall and referring to the Pats' "blatant cheating." :violent:

Last edited:
Rich Eisen is Howdy Doody in a suit. He knows very little about football, he's paid to be glib and keep the conversations flowing. I'll never forget him saying he was "outraged" over spygate last fall and referring to the Pats' "blatant cheating." :violent:
You are wrong.

I had to shut the sound off during last nights game..

ME TOO!!! They completely distracted from the game! Please, please shut those two UP!!!!:disagreement:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News