PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: If you were the president of ESPN, or own it, what would you do??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT- If you were the president of Espn, or own it, what would you do??

Apologize for becoming part of the story and not just reporting it, objectively, fairly and truthfully.

Perfectly stated.

What they are guilty of, beside the obvious, is sitting in meetings discussing HOW to bring the sporting news to their audience in a 'new' way. What comes from those idiotic meetings is what you see now, ala Brady: "MTV without the videos".

Count my money time and again and sleep with supermodels.

Man. We are well-informed.!:D

The reason ESPN gave spygate the most coverage because they knew other fans don't like Pats. What it means is it will boost their rating but what they don't expect is people are tired of hearing it every day. ESPN will go down eventually.

It's not about the integrity of the game or anything. It's pure business.

Last edited:
They should make a separate station: ESPN Advanced.

On "Advanced" they should actually dissect athletic events and analyze them instead of just running a tabloid sports network.

Having former football, basketball, baseball, boxing, MMA players, coaches and scouts and allowing them to TEACH their respective games to people would be great.

I am so sick of hearing nothing about specific team's defensive schemes, except that they "blitz alot" or play "cover 2". I would love if they slowed down the games, showed replays emphasizing key points of football or whatever sport. The sports coverage relies around the PEOPLE in the sports and NOT THE SPORTS THEMSELVES. I think that the type of coverage we get could really change if more hardcore fans showed interest in learning the nuances of the game, rather than hearing two random asshats bickering about each other's opinions all day.

MOVE ANOTHER STEP AND TEACH PEOPLE THE TECHNICAL ASPECTS BEHIND FOOTBALL, BASKETBALL, BASEBALL, BOXING, MMA ETC.

First I would fire Schlereth, than fire Easterbrook, than fire....you get the picture.

Once I got rid of all the mediots it would be onto bigger and better things.

First instead ESPN, ESPN duece, ESPNNEWS, and all the other ESPNs

I will create 5 ESPNs one for each major sport and one for college and sports other than the 4 majors.

Nothing more annoying than waiting threw Golf, Tennis, Hockey, and other sports just for some Football or Baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST