PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: I knew JESTS fans were stupid..but....

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fine that you're attempting to rationalize the difference as minimal to garner some sense of accomplishment in beating the Henne-less Dolphins at home. The fact is, the Dolphins offense is better with Henne at the helm than Matt Moore. Perhaps we can revisit this topic given both sides will be flipping the home-away ledger on the Dolphins this season.

The Chargers will be a better comparative measuring point to assess the Jets compared to the Patriots, even allowing for the Patriots-Jets contest in Foxboro just recently.

Na, not trying to garner any sense of accomplishment. There's no reason to sugarcoat or gloat about beating a winless team. We won the game. Thats all the matters. We SHOULD have won the game. My original point was we won because we were better, not because we were 'lucky' as the poster above me put it.

Even if Henne is much better at Moore, I still fail to see how winning by 3 possession is 'lucky.' Thats all.

Na, not trying to garner any sense of accomplishment. There's no reason to sugarcoat or gloat about beating a winless team. We won the game. Thats all the matters. We SHOULD have won the game. My original point was we won because we were better, not because we were 'lucky' as the poster above me put it.

Even if Henne is much better at Moore, I still fail to see how winning by 3 possession is 'lucky.' Thats all.
I thought the only measure of luck the Jets got was on the non-call for the obvious Revis PI TD return. Whilst being a middle of the road side, I do agree that the Jets are better than the Dolphins (who have rights to being the worst team in the NFL).

As for the "luck" I tend to agree. The Jets aren't a lucky side. The Jets capitalize on opportunities they are given. It's happened far too often over the past 3 seasons under Sexy Rexy for it to be "luck".

Last edited:
Yup. Its the same way from the Patriot SB runs. You guys capitalized on other teams mistakes, showing superiority. When you do it consistently it isn't luck anymore.

Yup. They can't make it a habit though with our next 3 game stretch (home vs SD, away at Buf, home at NE). Have to take 2 of 3 here somehow, someway. If they play like the way they've been playing, then ya, we won't make the playoffs. We've beaten a suspect Dallas team, and lost to the rest.

Even if they take 1/3, I could still see that team finish 10-6 with the schedule the way it is down the stretch. Especially if Philly continues struggling, and you never know what NYG team you're gonna get. The rest of the teams are very beatable.

Jets remaining schedule.

Code:
[B]Week[/B] [B]Venue[/B]          [B]Opponent[/B]
[B]07   Metlife        San Diego[/B]
08   Bye
[B]09   Ralph Wilson   Buffalo[/B]
[B]10   Metlife        New England
11   Mile High      Denver[/B]
12   Metlife        Buffalo
[B]13   FedEx          Washington[/B]
14   Metlife        Kansas City
[B]15   Lincoln        Philadelphia
16   Metlife        NY Giants[/B]
17   Sunlife        Miami
The bolded are games I would consider at the very least 50/50. If things conspire against them, the Jets could have a losing record in 2011. As nature seems intent on proving, we should be so lucky.

Last edited:
I see the Jets getting through this, with some blemishes. They'll beat Buffalo once and win against the easier teams. We've got our own problems right now, considering the fact that we only have a one game lead.

Regarding the Jets frequent advantages in regard to their DB, it's up to the other teams coach and QB to turn his advantage for their team into a gain for yours. *****ing about penalties leads to a loss of focus. If you see an infraction that detriments your team, protest the game for review, otherwise your just as guilty for allowing it to happen, IE: Sporano didn't fight it, why should we? It's up to the guy playing Revis to know how to play against him, and what to expect. That's why I hated the Moss one handed catch. You could have done this against the best, for your entire career, yet it was only good enough for one play. And that was enough to convince you to shut it down. "See, I could have been great, this time, however, I'm done. God, where they right about Randy Moss.

The Dolphins had wide open guys in the endzone and Moore didnt see them. A good QB will.

The only thing that concerns me about the Chargers is Norv Turner. Hes a real dumbaxx.

norv gets alot of necessary hate

the guy is 3 wins away from beating marty's sd hc record

and he's currently got the best winning % in sd charger hc history

saying he's the only thing that concerns you about sd is ******* ******ed, given all their turnover issues when they play NE

Jets remaining schedule.

Code:
[B]Week[/B] [B]Venue[/B]          [B]Opponent[/B]
[B]07   Metlife        San Diego[/B]
08   Bye
[B]09   Ralph Wilson   Buffalo[/B]
[B]10   Metlife        New England
11   Mile High      Denver[/B]
12   Metlife        Buffalo
[B]13   FedEx          Washington[/B]
14   Metlife        Kansas City
[B]15   Lincoln        Philadelphia
16   Metlife        NY Giants[/B]
17   Sunlife        Miami
The bolded are games I would consider at the very least 50/50. If things conspire against them, the Jets could have a losing record in 2011. As nature seems intent on proving, we should be so lucky.

Met Life?.....It was and will always be Giants stadium.....The New Jersey Jets* are just sharecroppers.:rocker:

JETS fans aren't the only stupid ones. Rex was their HC match made in heaven... Rex thinks it's odd that his team is a 2 point underdog at home sunday to a 4-1 team...

It isn't odd at all. Bookies have too much at stake to be fooled by a stumble-out-of-the-gate victory over the Miami Dolphins. They know that Philip Rivers isn't Matt Moore; that Rivers completes 67% of his passes and doesn't always throw at the guy covered by Darrelle Revis. They also see that the Jets start chronically slow, can't run against anyone, feature an erratic young quarterback who isn't allowed to try too much, and haven't beaten a solid opponent all season.

The Jets are a 3-3 team facing a 4-1 team. Simple math. As Bill Parcells always reminded us, you are your record. Nothing more or less. And with his most important game of the season five days away, Ryan probably should be more concerned with his team's multiple shortcomings than about getting the short shrift on a betting line.

Rex can't be concerned with his team multiple shortcomings because that would require him to acknowledge they exist... Instead he blows smoke in an attempt to minimize them.

Jets still didn't muster much of a running game, and Brian Schottenheimer slowly shifted some of the rushing load away from Shonn Greene. Greene has demonstrated neither power nor intuition this season.

"The more carries he gets, the better he gets," Ryan said, predicting the future, while ignoring the fact that aging LaDainian Tomlinson is now taking a share of the handoffs.

The Jets started yet another game on Monday as if they were just waking up from a six-day sleep. Maybe Joe Namath is right about them, or maybe it was the sight of those hapless Dolphins. Ryan jokes he may give them more coffee. Something needs to change.

Meanwhile, Sanchez and Plaxico Burress are demonstrating all the chemistry of oil and water. "Just seems like we're missing a little bit, just a little off," Ryan said. "Maybe we come off him a little early, check down. The timing isn't right."

Nothing is quite right. And because of that, the Jets have beaten nobody of substance this season. Their three victories have come against teams with a combined mark of 3-13

But who cares, Tubby says they CAN beat good teams. So there...

NY Jets' Rex Ryan concerned team isn't favored over Chargers on betting line - and they shouldn't be

I see the Jets getting through this, with some blemishes. They'll beat Buffalo once and win against the easier teams. We've got our own problems right now, considering the fact that we only have a one game lead.

Regarding the Jets frequent advantages in regard to their DB, it's up to the other teams coach and QB to turn his advantage for their team into a gain for yours. *****ing about penalties leads to a loss of focus. If you see an infraction that detriments your team, protest the game for review, otherwise your just as guilty for allowing it to happen, IE: Sporano didn't fight it, why should we? It's up to the guy playing Revis to know how to play against him, and what to expect. That's why I hated the Moss one handed catch. You could have done this against the best, for your entire career, yet it was only good enough for one play. And that was enough to convince you to shut it down. "See, I could have been great, this time, however, I'm done. God, where they right about Randy Moss.

First, the Pats are 5-1 and the Jets are 3-3. So the Pats have a two game lead and the tiebreaker right now. Yes, the Pats have an one game lead in the division, but not against the Jets. The Pats could have a three game lead over the Jets in the loss column before they play again a week from Sunday.

Second, I have no problem with Revis getting special treatment. Let me rephrase that. I don't care that he does because many stars in the league get it. I think the Jets fans are hilarious complaining week after week about "The Pats getting all the calls" or "Kraft paying off the refs" when few players get away with more than Revis does.

Second, I have no problem with Revis getting special treatment. Let me rephrase that. I don't care that he does because many stars in the league get it. I think the Jets fans are hilarious complaining week after week about "The Pats getting all the calls" or "Kraft paying off the refs" when few players get away with more than Revis does.

I don't care for special treatment on penalties at all. I don't see other non-Jet CBs treated that way. It's as if when reffing the Jets, the refs revert to 2004 style calls. Preferential foul treatment for certain 'star' players is the major reason I stopped following the NBA. If the NFL becomes like the NBA or MLB, I'll find better ways to spend my time and leave football to the fantasy stats types. Aberrations aside, I'm on the whole pleased with the NFL today.

Seems like the "Art of being a DB" has a lot to do with illegal holding, bumping etc. and being able to do it out of the refs view or very indiscrete.

Revis doesn't seem to do anything other DB's out there do which is "master the Art of Mugging Receivers".

It just sounds bonkers that there's a conspiracy out there about refs letting Revis mug receivers left and right because either Rex hypnotizes refs or Revis does a jedi mind trick. :rolleyes:

only the Jets would get all excited about beating a winless Dolphins team without their starting QB..and even then, the Jets offense didnt look good

The jets took a big step back this year...they cant run the ball....and Plaxico burress/Kerley are a big step down from braylon edwards/cotcherty

the Jets shouldnt be so confident that they will make the playoffs because right now IMO the Buffalo Bills are the better team in this division...they nearly beat the NY Giants at home and are 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back