PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: I knew JESTS fans were stupid..but....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironically, I've been called a jets fan before. But after seeing part of last night's game and seeing just how awful the jets are and how they won anyway (with some bad calls by refs), I really do not like them. I always thought people from NYC were obnoxious anyway. Although their fan board has some good black humor on it when they're losing.

Anyway, how did the pats not pound them into submission? They are horrible.

jets schedule - chargers/bye/bills/pats/broncos/bills/redskins/chiefs .not exactly very tough

Really? I could easily see them losing their next 3....

I'm not even gonna open the thread, the title is a complete fail. The guy doesn't even know how many games his team plays.

I hate to defend this idiot, but he actually started the thread before last nights game.

Ironically, I've been called a jets fan before. But after seeing part of last night's game and seeing just how awful the jets are and how they won anyway (with some bad calls by refs), I really do not like them. I always thought people from NYC were obnoxious anyway. Although their fan board has some good black humor on it when they're losing.

good question.

The Chargers should beat the Jets. I don't see why it's such a terrible thing for Jets fans to be optimistic homers, though.

makes the implosion that much more fun :D

good question.

Its a huge problem, no doubt. At 3-3, I still feel terrible cause we haven't really beaten a quality opponent. SD will be a big test this Sunday. The defense and ST have been fine for the most part (only problems with the defense seems to be being out on the field too long and wearing down when it comes to the run game, and for some reason we suck on our opponents first possession of the game).

The offense sucks. There's no way around it. Our best plays last night came on broken plays where Sanchez had to ad lib. Its sad and pathetic. Greene is a good running back, but his style doesn't fit our offensive line right now. We need elusiveness and quickness. I think cutting Mason was the best thing this teams done this year. Plax and Mason are good receivers, but they have negative explosiveness. I like they gave Kerley, a speedster, a shot in the slot.

Luckily, Revis has been phenomenal as usual. I read today QBs throwing at Revis has a rating of 4.9! Thats unheard of. The second best CB is Jonathan Joseph at 48. He's been pretty special this year, and is carrying our pass defense.

They beat SD this Sunday and all will be well.

Its cause Rex generally does a decent job against Brady, and your defense isn't anything special. Take those two into account, its not a surprise there was no blowout.

The funny thing is now the Jets fans on Jets Insider are now saying it must suck to be a Chargers fan to know that that all their wins were close games against bad teams.

If we were Chargers fans - Jets Insider.com Forums

The Jets are 3-3 and their last two wins have been against teams with a combined record of 1-10. The way they played last night, they probably couldn't beat any team that isn't the Suck for Luck derby. The Chargers are 4-1 and their only loss is to arguably the best or second best team in the AFC possibly the second or third best team in the NFL who also beat the Jets.

I gotta say that some of the best comedy on the web is the unintentional comedy on JI.

but at least most of the replies seem to acknowledge that the Jets wins were also unimpressive

Jets are lucky, they got away with that performance getting Miami last nite. No excuse here but Revis CLEARLY interfered with Marshall for 100 yd pick. Another play Marshall beats DBs for an easy TD and tight ropes outta bounds with no one around him. Dumb & Dumber!

Jets are lucky, they got away with that performance getting Miami last nite. No excuse here but Revis CLEARLY interfered with Marshall for 100 yd pick. Another play Marshall beats DBs for an easy TD and tight ropes outta bounds with no one around him. Dumb & Dumber!

I fail to see how winning by 3 possessions is 'lucky' when you 'only' beat the Fins by 2 possessions.

But agreed. Marshall burned Cromartie, and I could not understand how he went out of bounds. My jaw was on the floor.

I think Revis should have gotten incidental contact on the play, but Marshall pushed off on Revis the play before. It was clear the refs were letting them go at each other with no flags, which I have respect for. On top of that, the ball was thrown so far behind Marshall, and the fact Marshall never even looked for the ball to begin with (he also tripped over his own 2 feet), I didn't understand why so many people (especially Gruden) got THAT upset with the non call.

Last edited:
Its a huge problem, no doubt. At 3-3, I still feel terrible cause we haven't really beaten a quality opponent. SD will be a big test this Sunday. The defense and ST have been fine for the most part (only problems with the defense seems to be being out on the field too long and wearing down when it comes to the run game, and for some reason we suck on our opponents first possession of the game).

The offense sucks. There's no way around it. Our best plays last night came on broken plays where Sanchez had to ad lib. Its sad and pathetic. Greene is a good running back, but his style doesn't fit our offensive line right now. We need elusiveness and quickness. I think cutting Mason was the best thing this teams done this year. Plax and Mason are good receivers, but they have negative explosiveness. I like they gave Kerley, a speedster, a shot in the slot.

Luckily, Revis has been phenomenal as usual. I read today QBs throwing at Revis has a rating of 4.9! Thats unheard of. The second best CB is Jonathan Joseph at 48. He's been pretty special this year, and is carrying our pass defense.

They beat SD this Sunday and all will be well.

STs are a beast, as always. The D is good but not as good as last year's intimidating D. Time will tell how well this D matures because each season's D (unless you're the Ravens) takes time to mature. You covered the offense.

What I find difficult to deal with regarding the Jets is the amount of DB to WR contact that gets allowed game to game. Having watched many other teams, nobody gets away with the post 5 yard Polian emphasis on contact like the Jets.

I don't know. The current combined record of the teams they have beaten is 3-13. The only legitimate team they have beaten this year is the Cowboys and that came from a Romo meltdown. They haven't shown they can best the good teams or even the average teams consistently. Also, there are a lot of teams vying for wild cards in the AFC. The Jets may be 3-6 after the Pats play them. That will mean they have to win out in that scenario and they aren't playing good enough to go on a seven game winning streak.

If they play like they are now, no they will not make the playoffs. But any team can turn it around at any point. In 2009 when they lost to a couple bad teams to go to 7-7, and should've went to 7-8 without Manning being yanked, they looked pretty awful. They then went on to the AFCC.

Any time you play as horribly as they have and manage a 3-3 record, you have reason to believe. And like you pointed out, the only reason they're breathing is because they played some horrible teams and Tony Romo's clutchness. That's what makes it frustrating.

I fail to see how winning by 3 possessions is 'lucky' when you 'only' beat the Fins by 2 possessions.

But agreed. Marshall burned Cromartie, and I could not understand how he went out of bounds. My jaw was on the floor.

I think Revis should have gotten incidental contact on the play, but Marshall pushed off on Revis the play before. It was clear the refs were letting them go at each other with no flags, which I have respect for. On top of that, the ball was thrown so far behind Marshall, and the fact Marshall never even looked for the ball to begin with (he also tripped over his own 2 feet), I didn't understand why so many people (especially Gruden) got THAT upset with the non call.
Chad Henne >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Matt Moore

That's saying a lot there given my relative low opinion of Chad Henne.

Last edited:
STs are a beast, as always. The D is good but not as good as last year's intimidating D. Time will tell how well this D matures because each season's D (unless you're the Ravens) takes time to mature. You covered the offense.

What I find difficult to deal with regarding the Jets is the amount of DB to WR contact that gets allowed game to game. Having watched many other teams, nobody gets away with the post 5 yard Polian emphasis on contact like the Jets.

Yea, I think the defense will be fine. They haven't cracked the top 10 overall which is sad, but I think they'll get there.

Superstars get away with certain calls. Brady gets some roughing the passer calls that you could argue other QBs wouldnt get. Its the nature of the beast. It works both ways IMO.

Cromartie on the other hand, DOES get flagged for these calls. Averages more than the number of kids he has.

Chad Henne >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Matt Moore

That's saying a lot there given my relative low opinion of Chad Henne.

Career QB ratings:

Henne-76
Moore-71

Henne's generally been surrounded with a very good offensive line, and decent weapons; better weapons than Moore had in Carolina. The difference is minimal in my opinion.

Yea, I think the defense will be fine. They haven't cracked the top 10 overall which is sad, but I think they'll get there.

Superstars get away with certain calls. Brady gets some roughing the passer calls that you could argue other QBs wouldnt get. Its the nature of the beast. It works both ways IMO.

Cromartie on the other hand, DOES get flagged for these calls. Averages more than the number of kids he has.

We'll agree to disagree on Cro and Wilson's supposed flags.

BTW - welcome to the board! Always good to have another poster that has at least some critical perspective and valuable insight on their team.

If they play like they are now, no they will not make the playoffs. But any team can turn it around at any point. In 2009 when they lost to a couple bad teams to go to 7-7, and should've went to 7-8 without Manning being yanked, they looked pretty awful. They then went on to the AFCC.

Any time you play as horribly as they have and manage a 3-3 record, you have reason to believe. And like you pointed out, the only reason they're breathing is because they played some horrible teams and Tony Romo's clutchness. That's what makes it frustrating.

Yup. They can't make it a habit though with our next 3 game stretch (home vs SD, away at Buf, home at NE). Have to take 2 of 3 here somehow, someway. If they play like the way they've been playing, then ya, we won't make the playoffs. We've beaten a suspect Dallas team, and lost to the rest.

We'll agree to disagree on Cro and Wilson's supposed flags.

BTW - welcome to the board! Always good to have another poster that has at least some critical perspective and valuable insight on their team.

Appreciate it. Always enjoy talking to opposing (rational) fans. This is a good board for the most part. All boards have those occasional fans that argue from emotion rather than reason. Hopefully you guys visit TGG or Scout. I was never a fan of Jets Insider.

Career QB ratings:

Henne-76
Moore-71

Henne's generally been surrounded with a very good offensive line, and decent weapons; better weapons than Moore had in Carolina. The difference is minimal in my opinion.
That's fine that you're attempting to rationalize the difference as minimal to garner some sense of accomplishment in beating the Henne-less Dolphins at home. The fact is, the Dolphins offense is better with Henne at the helm than Matt Moore. Perhaps we can revisit this topic given both sides will be flipping the home-away ledger on the Dolphins this season.

The Chargers will be a better comparative measuring point to assess the Jets compared to the Patriots, even allowing for the Patriots-Jets contest in Foxboro just recently.

Last edited:

I believe it was shown that Brady gets fewer calls than most QBs, not more. That's really irrelevant, though, as Jets defensive backs are getting away with mauling opposing receivers while most team's defensive backs are called for even the most minor amount of contact. We're not talking about close calls here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back