PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: I knew JESTS fans were stupid..but....

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're obviously not going to win out, but I have a sick feeling they are going to back into the playoffs again.

They've played absolutely terrible this year yet are sitting at 3-3 and their schedule down the stretch looks like alot of winnable games. And you know they will pull a few more wins completely out of their ass that they should lose.

I don't know. The current combined record of the teams they have beaten is 3-13. The only legitimate team they have beaten this year is the Cowboys and that came from a Romo meltdown. They haven't shown they can best the good teams or even the average teams consistently. Also, there are a lot of teams vying for wild cards in the AFC. The Jets may be 3-6 after the Pats play them. That will mean they have to win out in that scenario and they aren't playing good enough to go on a seven game winning streak.

JET fan here and I'm very impressed this thread actually contains much intelligent analysis, not just mindless "Jests" bashing I expected when I saw the title. Of course only a dummy would predict they're going to win 11 (now 10) in a row, especially the way they've been playing. But with the Patriots in the division, they might have to do that just to tie for first. Boy I was so hoping for a Dallas interception on that last drive on Sunday, but I knew it wasn't gonna happen. Hated to see Brady and Patriots offense complete that great game winning drive, but had to expect it, because that's just what they do. Sanchez no way near that level, at least not yet. But remember, one little turnover and the Patriots lead over the Jets would be only one game, not two. And with 10 games left it's still early so we will continue to hope, not predict, the Jets can stay in the race and compete for first place or at least a wild card.

Here's the problem with the Jets situation:

Patriots
Ravens/Steelers
Titans/Texans
Chargers

Bills

Those 7 teams ahead of them all have legitimate shots at winning divisions or wild cards*. I don't put the Bengals there because I need to see Dalton face the pressure defenses in his own division before I buy into him for this season, and I don't put the Raiders there because they just lost their QB and I won't buy into them until I see who they go with as a replacement, so I put those two teams in the "unlikely" category for now. That means that you're probably looking at at least needing 10 wins. The Jets already have 3 losses, which means they probably need to go at least 7-3 down the stretch. Now, here's where I see the trouble with that:

Chargers
Bills *2
Patriots
Giants
Eagles

That's 6 games that will be very much in play as losses, and that assumes that the Jets take care of business with teams I think they should beat. So, the Jets probably need to sweep all the 'given' wins and split the "definitely possible" losses to get to that 10 game level. It's certainly doable, but it won't be easy, IMO.

On the other hand, I'm not sold on the Bills yet, and a collapse there would really help the Jets cause.

*I think it's safe to consider the Broncos, Dolphins, Colts, Jaguars and Browns out of things and non-factors, and to consider the Chiefs probable non-factors at this point.

Last edited:
MNF style
JET fan here and I'm very impressed this thread actually contains much intelligent analysis, not just mindless "Jests" bashing I expected when I saw the title. Of course only a dummy would predict they're going to win 11 (now 10) in a row, especially the way they've been playing. But with the Patriots in the division, they might have to do that just to tie for first. Boy I was so hoping for a Dallas interception on that last drive on Sunday, but I knew it wasn't gonna happen. Hated to see Brady and Patriots offense complete that great game winning drive, but had to expect it, because that's just what they do. Sanchez no way near that level, at least not yet. But remember, one little turnover and the Patriots lead over the Jets would be only one game, not two. And with 10 games left it's still early so we will continue to hope, not predict, the Jets can stay in the race and compete for first place or at least a wild card.

But remember, one little turnover (Buffalo) and the Patriots lead over the Jets would be 3 1/2 not 2 1/2

and more seriously if the Patriots defenders in the Buffalo game were allowed MNF style repeated contact with the WRs after 5 yards the Pats lead would be 3 1/2

Last edited:
I can understand the sentiment.

After all I revised my preseason 16-0 with a superbowl win prediction for the NEP downward to a 15-1 with superbowl win immeadiatly following the Bills game.

Originally Posted by Mygirljess
JET fan here and I'm very impressed this thread actually contains much intelligent analysis, not just mindless "Jests" bashing I expected when I saw the title. Of course only a dummy would predict they're going to win 11 (now 10) in a row, especially the way they've been playing. But with the Patriots in the division, they might have to do that just to tie for first.

Patriots
Ravens/Steelers
Titans/Texans
Chargers

Bills

On the other hand, I'm not sold on the Bills yet, and a collapse there would really help the Jets cause.

Deus, both you and mygirl don't give the jills enough credit. They are 1 game up on jesters; they haven't played the jesters yet; AND THE JILLS have a 4th place schedule this year.

So they have 2 games to go face to face and I think the jills can beat the jesters both times. That is 3 games back and then just think about that 4th place schedule - they still have TN, DEN and MIA 2 times to play as well.

The jesters need to be worrying about how they get in front of Buffy and give up any thoughts of the div (yet again).

Here's the problem with the Jills. I like Fitz as a QB but he's playing above his level. Both his picks in the Jints loss were under thrown balls. He does that too often. That said the coverage was excellent. Sadly Pats defenders would not be that close to make the pick or would not have turned to see the ball.

I still pick the Bills for 2nd edging out the solid 3rd place Jets.

Patriots
Ravens/Steelers
Titans/Texans
Chargers

Bills

Those 7 teams ahead of them all have legitimate shots at winning divisions or wild cards*. I don't put the Bengals there because I need to see Dalton face the pressure defenses in his own division before I buy into him for this season, and I don't put the Raiders there because they just lost their QB and I won't buy into them until I see who they go with as a replacement, so I put those two teams in the "unlikely" category for now. That means that you're probably looking at at least needing 10 wins. The Jets already have 3 losses, which means they probably need to go at least 7-3 down the stretch. Now, here's where I see the trouble with that:

Chargers
Bills *2
Patriots
Giants
Eagles

That's 6 games that will be very much in play as losses, and that assumes that the Jets take care of business with teams I think they should beat. So, the Jets probably need to sweep all the 'given' wins and split the "definitely possible" losses to get to that 10 game level. It's certainly doable, but it won't be easy, IMO.

*I think it's safe to consider the Broncos, Dolphins, Colts, Jaguars and Browns out of things and non-factors, and to consider the Chiefs probable non-factors at this point.
Carson Palmer is a raider. This could get interesting. The charger game is huge for jets because they have already lost the tie breaker with oakland/baltimore and dont want to do the same with SD.

Deus, both you and mygirl don't give the jills enough credit. They are 1 game up on jesters; they haven't played the jesters yet; AND THE JILLS have a 4th place schedule this year.

So they have 2 games to go face to face and I think the jills can beat the jesters both times. That is 3 games back and then just think about that 4th place schedule - they still have TN, DEN and MIA 2 times to play as well.

The jesters need to be worrying about how they get in front of Buffy and give up any thoughts of the div (yet again).

The Bills have been bad long enough that they have to earn every ounce of respect they get this season. I mentioned them having a legitimate shot at a playoff spot this year. That's respect enough for now, IMO, particularly since they'd be in a 3-way tie for 2 wild card spots if the season ended today.

The Bills have been getting the same types of gift turnovers that the Jets have been getting for 2 seasons and the Patriots got last season. If the gifts run out, they'll be in trouble, because they look to have a less favorable upcoming schedule than both the Jets and Patriots. I've got the Patriots with 5 "tough" games left, and the Jets and Bills each with 6. The difference is that the Jets have a 3/3 home/road split, while the Bills will play 4 of their 6 on the road. You talk about the Bills beating the Jets both times, and it's possible that they'll need to do that, because of their remaining schedule.

Carson Palmer is a raider. This could get interesting. The charger game is huge for jets because they have already lost the tie breaker with oakland/baltimore and dont want to do the same with SD.

Palmer really opens up some possibilities, but I think it depends upon both how quickly he can get into game shape and how much of his fading away in Cincinnati was because he just needed a change of scenery.

The move does make me put the Raiders back into playoff consideration, but with obvious reservations. It also hurts the Raiders moving forward, because they wildly overpaid for Palmer.

What ever happened to the paradigm that a QB needs OTAs, training camp. etc. to get into sync with new receivers?
q.v. Ocho

So Palmer is gonna be up to speed before Oakland like loses the next several games?
Look at Deus' list of the contendahs for AFC wildcard. I see this as an expensive panic move.

The funny thing is now the Jets fans on Jets Insider are now saying it must suck to be a Chargers fan to know that that all their wins were close games against bad teams.

If we were Chargers fans - Jets Insider.com Forums

The Jets are 3-3 and their last two wins have been against teams with a combined record of 1-10. The way they played last night, they probably couldn't beat any team that isn't the Suck for Luck derby. The Chargers are 4-1 and their only loss is to arguably the best or second best team in the AFC possibly the second or third best team in the NFL who also beat the Jets.

I gotta say that some of the best comedy on the web is the unintentional comedy on JI.

Last edited:
What ever happened to the paradigm that a QB needs OTAs, training camp. etc. to get into sync with new receivers?
q.v. Ocho

So Palmer is gonna be up to speed before Oakland like loses the next several games?
Look at Deus' list of the contendahs for AFC wildcard. I see this as an expensive panic move.

The only reason Palmer could be up to speed quickly is because Hue Jackson runs the same offense that the Bengals ran when Jackson was a postion coach there.

I agree that it was a panic move, but Palmer is an upgrade over Boller and possibly Campbell himself. He is just not worth a first and a second or two firsts if the Raiders win a playoff game. For that much, I want a Rivers caliber type of player (a second tier after the ultra elite QBs) in his late 20s, not a declining QB in his early 30s.

Last edited:
but....this idiot takes the cake

all the replies in that thread are idiotic in nature

I for one can see them winning no more than 9 games this season i.e final record of 9-7

Um, I don't know if you're new to sarcasm on the internet but it's pretty obvious that almost every reply in the thread isn't serious. :rolleyes:

Well, the poor babies started that thread on October 10th, the day after we beat them. They were trying to make themselves feel better, trying to forget that their team, the team going to the Super Bowl, had put their season in serious jeopardy by losing to us. Poor babies.....

i'm a chargers fan and i don't see it

but i hope for it lol

it's a 10am east coast game, something we really suck at, and our red zone O is awful, and we commit the stupidest turnovers

we're just not very driven, kinda timid alot of the time, while other teams are swarming to the ball

hopefully i'm wrong, but i picked the jets

and i hate the jets, i'd love for us to kick LT's ass

Well I agree with you on LT getting his butt kicked. Do it!!! I never liked that guy and now that he's in the division, I hate him and his act.

yeah but at the same time, the jets get uber lucky

alot of luck the past couple seasons, and despite being worse this year (seemingly so far) they get lucky again monday night

i mean miami dropped so many passes lol

chargers aren't lucky
Lucky to have Miami on the schedule without their QB.
31 teams would have beaten Miami last night. (Plus some of the SEC)

It's funny that they think they are going to beat the Chargers this upcoming week as if it is a given. BTW, isn't it interesting the only game that the Chargers play at 1 PM ET is against the Jets. Every other game played outside the time zone is played later.

I guess the Jets could beat the Chargers, but not the Jets team I saw tonight. Philip Rivers is not having a great year by his standards, but he is no Matt Moore.

The Dolphins had wide open guys in the endzone and Moore didnt see them. A good QB will.

The only thing that concerns me about the Chargers is Norv Turner. Hes a real dumbaxx.

Lucky to have Miami on the schedule without their QB.
31 teams would have beaten Miami last night. (Plus some of the SEC)

How did you like Sparano with a 1:14 on the clock before the half opting to run the clock out instead of trying to get in FG range and at least get 3?

Pitiful.

but....this idiot takes the cake

all the replies in that thread are idiotic in nature

I for one can see them winning no more than 9 games this season i.e final record of 9-7

Ahahaha that's a funny joke! Wait, wait, wait, he's serious??? The Jets beat a 0-4 team and they think they will win 11 in a row? What have they been smoking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back