PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: I knew JESTS fans were stupid..but....

Status
Not open for further replies.
and it's not about what rivers does

our oline takes games off vs decent pass rushing teams

they took last weekend off vs denver's pass rush, but luckily we scored just enough

and it's not about what rivers does

our oline takes games off vs decent pass rushing teams

they took last weekend off vs denver's pass rush, but luckily we scored just enough
That may be, but you have a MUCH better football team than the Jets.
The Jets have beaten 2 of the worst teams in the NFL with pathetic QBs, and also had a game handed to them by the destined to be 8 and 8 Cowboys.
You may be right that your team lacks 'winnerness' but it is a much more talented team than the Jets.

jets schedule - chargers/bye/bills/pats/broncos/bills/redskins/chiefs .not exactly very tough

What a cesspool.

That may be, but you have a MUCH better football team than the Jets.
The Jets have beaten 2 of the worst teams in the NFL with pathetic QBs, and also had a game handed to them by the destined to be 8 and 8 Cowboys.
You may be right that your team lacks 'winnerness' but it is a much more talented team than the Jets.

yeah but at the same time, the jets get uber lucky

alot of luck the past couple seasons, and despite being worse this year (seemingly so far) they get lucky again monday night

i mean miami dropped so many passes lol

chargers aren't lucky

The Chargers should beat the Jets. I don't see why it's such a terrible thing for Jets fans to be optimistic homers, though.

i know the jets are the pats biggest rival but i think this board it kinda obsessed with them lol

"Sanchez had a fast internal clock, too fast, no confidence, probably shaken because of poor pass protection in recent games. He needs to settle down, timing is off with his new receivers, he needs to gain chemistry with players like Plax and Kerley. It's another transition now with Mason out, let's be patient. "

-RayRay

Has to be a change - Jets Insider.com Forums

This is how a parent argues to her kid's teacher who calls in her for a press conference and then argues her kid is smart and just needs a few more weeks to get caught up to the rest of the class, there are some home problems affecting his performance in class. "He just needs to learn how to play better with his friends, he doesn't know them well enough yet."

Last edited:
yeah but at the same time, the jets get uber lucky

alot of luck the past couple seasons, and despite being worse this year (seemingly so far) they get lucky again monday night

i mean miami dropped so many passes lol

chargers aren't lucky

It goes beyond uber lucky. I tuned in briefly last night and saw a ruling on the field overturned without indisputable evidence and then listened to Gruden waxing poetic about Wilson in coverage as Moore was flushed out of the pocket and forced to toss it OOB on 3rd down. Only they then showed Wilson on his receiver in islolation on that play and he was flat out mugging the guy unmercifully for what seemed like an eternity several yards past the limit and the zebras just ignored it...

Then I switched to a Law and Order SUV re-run...

I cannot understand for the life of me why ESPN extended Gruden or how he is making millions as an analyst... He's like a love struck homer on steroids. Not sure who is the more pathetic analyst, him or Sanchez claiming after that debaucle his offense is back on track...

Before last night's game, I had the Jet's going 6-5 at best.. There is no way they go 11-0 (10-0 the rest of the way). They are going to lose to SD and the Giants.. I wouldn't be surprised to see a split with the Bills and another loss to the Pats.

What is clear is that Tony Sparano is now a lame duck coach. The players just don't want to play for him. That was clear in their body language last night. If he's not replaced, then the league has to seriously come down hard on the Phins organization...

In fairness, the Jets fans take their stupidity lead from their head coach and their QB. Sanchez told the press last night that the Jets are back on track even though the offense had 11 drives in which they had 5 three and out and three more that resulted in 4-6 plays and a punt. One of their TD drives started on the 50. In reality, their offense didn't really play any better than they did vs. the Pats. It was just the fact that the Dolphins don't have a QB that it was a blow out.

Also, they gave up 118 yards on the ground even though Reggie Bush who ate apart their defense early got injured and didn't return. In fact, the Jets' defense started to tighten up after Bush went out. Was it that the Jets figured out the Dolphins offense or the Dolphins' offense got too predictable without Bush.

Last edited:
Sanchez claiming after that debaucle his offense is back on track...
He went 14-for-25, and the Jets picked up an amazing 296 yards of offense, plus 13 first downs (!). For the Jets, that is back on track. Sanchez just doesn't realize that that track leads directly over a cliff. :D

Sparano was such the media darling at first but incompetence has a way of putting sand in those gears. The Phins have been a megadisaster for most of this century with just a couple half decent years but getting worse and worse after each management shakeup.

Dolphins' owner is their biggest problem. Parcells couldn't get outta there fast enough.
If the JESTS go 11-0, predictions for the end of the world in conjunction Mayan calendar suspension in Dec 2012, will most likely also be fulfilled.

Hey let Rexy tell it... they are still winning the Superbowl...

This team has alot of talented players but not alot of winning left in them

JET fan here and I'm very impressed this thread actually contains much intelligent analysis, not just mindless "Jests" bashing I expected when I saw the title. Of course only a dummy would predict they're going to win 11 (now 10) in a row, especially the way they've been playing. But with the Patriots in the division, they might have to do that just to tie for first. Boy I was so hoping for a Dallas interception on that last drive on Sunday, but I knew it wasn't gonna happen. Hated to see Brady and Patriots offense complete that great game winning drive, but had to expect it, because that's just what they do. Sanchez no way near that level, at least not yet. But remember, one little turnover and the Patriots lead over the Jets would be only one game, not two. And with 10 games left it's still early so we will continue to hope, not predict, the Jets can stay in the race and compete for first place or at least a wild card.

I saw the 1st two quarters and bits and pieces of the rest, Matt Moore & Brandon Marshall made me so sick that I also had to switch over to some zombie comedy(I hope) on AMC.

You think Welker colonized Revis island, Brandon Marshall must be the king of the island. He completely owned Revis and his island and while continuing to drop passes, especially the TD passes for reasons I can't comprehend. Then ESPN flashes on Marshall's dropped passes stats during the game and he's leading league in the past 3/4 years with 54.

Then Moore was so Marshall-dependent that he was throwing balls in Revis' hands. I couldn't even take anymore.

The RB, Thomas wasn't getting much done, Reggie started doing his thing and then like in every other game, he's sitting on the sideline with an injury. MIA just beat themselves bad in that game. I can't even credit the Jets.

I only got to see the Jets offense in the first two quarters. I can't remember them being on the field much. I assume they did alright considering Sanchez' stats, he definitely must've picked them up in the second half cause he wasn't doing much in the first.

I was surprised at the "analysts" thoughts at the end of the game. They are normally so eager to push the Patriots off the top and discredit them, that they would give the Jets more credit than deserved, but the reviews remained negative or in-between. After seeing half of the game last night, There's no reason for why SD shouldn't win Sunday.

The Jets obviously aren't very good. But with the AFC South playing "Who wants a playoff berth? Not me!" and Oakland losing its QB, they have a real chance of making the playoffs anyway.

They're obviously not going to win out, but I have a sick feeling they are going to back into the playoffs again.

They've played absolutely terrible this year yet are sitting at 3-3 and their schedule down the stretch looks like alot of winnable games. And you know they will pull a few more wins completely out of their ass that they should lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes