PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Glazer: McDaniels and Nolan mutually agree to part ways

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know whether the team made any effort to resign Pees or whether he gave any indications of his wishes to stay or go.

My point was that there has been lots of speculation about a "firing" at the end of a contract. Will Green be fired?

What you say is possible.

However, on it's face, if Pees still wanted to be a DC not only would he likely prefer not to have to move to a new team (again, just probabilities not definites) but it's very likely that he had no idea if a DC job would be offered to him. We don't know. Clearly. However, unless he knew McDaniels was splitting up with Nolan and that he would be the choice and he wanted to go somewhere else, it doesn't add up.

Then factor in that SMY has done fairly well with the accuracy of a few stories she's broken and she stands behind "Pees didn't have a choice". And I'm willing to go with the 1+1=2 of Pees' contract wasn't renewed by the Patriots and it was a one way street.

Can I prove it ? Clearly not. Am I 90% confident ? No. But it seems BY FAR to be the most likely scenario.

My point was that there has been lots of speculation about a "firing" at the end of a contract. Will Green be fired?
If it were mutual then what I will say in a second is moot but . . . having your contract not renewed if you wanted it renewed is exactly the same as being fired other than the legal definition. Based on what the reliable SMY said and what has gone on since then, it seems highly likely, though not provable, that was the case.

Some follow up on the story, mostly just noting another source regarding Pees to Denver:

McDaniels and Nolan moved quickly to fill their voids. Nolan will interview with the Miami Dolphins for their defensive coordinator position this week, while the Broncos are likely to soon name former New England assistant Dean Pees as their fifth defensive coordinator in five years.

Nolan out, Pees likely in with Broncos - The Denver Post

I hope not a lot of Denver fans watched our defense the last couple years. This might have them jumping off bridges... or mountains.

I think Pees was ok, considering some "seemingly" shallow talent. Could be there was more talent than the results showed, too, though.

One thing I wonder is if the future of AD is more in the hands of the next DC than anyone else? Maybe Patricia or whoever will turn him loose as a pass-rusher and make everyone happy again?

This is the best idea in months.

One thing I wonder is if the future of AD is more in the hands of the next DC than anyone else? Maybe Patricia or whoever will turn him loose as a pass-rusher and make everyone happy again?

This is the best idea in months.

Hmmmmm.

According to ProFootballFocus (kinda sorta accurate), AD rushed the passer 124 times, had 3 sacks, 3 hits, 5 pressures and batted down 2 passes. Thats a "something" every. 9.5 rushes.

As a comparison, Dumervil had 17 sacks, 7 hits and 31 pressures in 419 rushes. Thats a "something" every 7.6 rushes.

You may have something.....

Bring in a DE, re-sign Banta-Cain. Thomas, Banta-Cain, a Green replacement and Wright can put plenty of pressure on the quarterback if they are allowed to do so.

Hmmmmm.

According to ProFootballFocus (kinda sorta accurate), AD rushed the passer 124 times, had 3 sacks, 3 hits, 5 pressures and batted down 2 passes. Thats a "something" every. 9.5 rushes.

As a comparison, Dumervil had 17 sacks, 7 hits and 31 pressures in 419 rushes. Thats a "something" every 7.6 rushes.

You may have something.....

Nolan has officially joined the Fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back