PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Glazer: McDaniels and Nolan mutually agree to part ways

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was waiting for someone to make this thread(just found out i cant make a thread)
any chance BB brings him in? he did a decent job with denver, i also think elvis dumervill is a FA of some kind maybe hiring nolan would bring im in

I would think Nolan is looking for a HC job. It seemed like Denver was a way station for him on that path.

I would think Nolan is looking for a HC job. It seemed like Denver was a way station for him on that path.

in the NFL?
hes only been out of a HC job for a year(previously being the HC for the 49ers)

McDaniels, Pees could be reuniting - Amazing

Are you kidding me? Is there a coach we have they WON'T take?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/18/mcdaniels-pees-could-be-reuniting/

McDaniels, Pees could be reuniting
Posted by Mike Florio on January 18, 2010 6:13 PM ET

As we process the surprising news that Mike Nolan has left the Broncos after one successful season, the most obvious candidate to replace him is former Patriots defensive coordinator Dean Pees.

Pees left the Patriots after the 2009 season, when his contract expired. There are differing accounts as to whether he left by choice.

Pees and McDaniels spent five years together in New England. During 2007's 18-0 start that ended with a loud thud, McDaniels ran the offense and Pees ran the defense.

If Pees goes to Denver, two sets of former Patriots coordinators would be inhabiting the AFC West; earlier this month, former offensive coordinator Charlie Weis and former defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel joined the Chiefs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea why they split up?

Re: McDaniels, Pees could be reuniting -Amazing

i think thats more speculation than anything but would still be interesting

The Patriots should interview Mike Nolan for their defensive coordinator opening.

Broncos announced the resignation of defensive coordinator Mike Nolan. Nolan and head coach Josh McDaniels agreed to "mutually part ways," presumably over issues of control. Nolan was also surprisingly not pursued for any head jobs after coaching up a defense laden with mediocre talent. Nolan proved he still has a golden touch as a coordinator, transforming the NFL's No. 29 overall defense in 2008 into the seventh-best unit with just one season on the job. Nolan's loss is a crushing blow to Denver on paper. The Dolphins, Bears, and perhaps the Patriots would be smart to begin hot pursuit.--Rotoworld

Last edited:

This should be retitled to include the phrase "pure speculation".

I'll be the first to say it, Nolan for new DC? :p

That would be pretty cool.

Old School (Crennel and Weis) vs New School (Pees and McDaniels) twice a year.

The Patriots should interview Mike Nolan for their defensive coordinator opening. Also, Al Groh is available as well.
Groh is now the DC at Georgia Tech.

OC - Billick
DC - Nolan

Championship

I'll be the first to say it, Nolan for new DC? :p
Bad news for TBC.

And the way Nolan handled the Alex Smith situation, I don't want any part of him.

Groh is now the DC at Georgia Tech.

Which in the world of coaching means....

Al Groh is still available for the right price (sorry, my opinion of most coaches sometimes isn't high).

Which in the world of coaching means....

Al Groh is still available for the right price (sorry, my opinion of most coaches sometimes isn't high).
What it really means is he wasn't getting a lot of calls from the NFL.

Get him on the phone, Bill. Nolan had a master's touch with that defense this season. Put some talent in the LB corps and DL on this defense and the guy can do wonders with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down