PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Glazer: McDaniels and Nolan mutually agree to part ways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nolan is going to Miami, according to multiple reports.

The Broncos are also working on bringing in Pees.

Well that answers the, "Pees left because he was concerned for his heath." doubters.

BB gave him the boot. SMY is vindicated!

Last edited:
Re: McDaniels, Pees could be reuniting -Amazing

I'll be the first to say it, Nolan for new DC? :p

SOLD!

If we're going to have a shot of another ring we need to PAY a great coordinator enough to stay.

And the Pats are... napping?

Well that answers the, "Pees left because he was concerned for his heath." doubters.

BB gave him the boot. SMY is vindicated!

Not necessarily, he may have declined to renew his contract and have already been contacted by JMcD.

Not necessarily, he may have declined to renew his contract and have already been contacted by JMcD.

Contract was up at the end of the month. Still valid- unless they mutually terminated it. If they didn't that means the Pats gave DEN permission. If they did, he didn't leave b/c of health or retiring. At any rate, Pees was shown the door.

Last edited:
Now it's not official yet but...
ESPN's John Clayton reports that Mike Nolan is close to an agreement with the Dolphins that will make him their next defensive coordinator.

The Fins reportedly asked permission to interview Nolan even before his "mutual" parting with Denver. Nolan and Josh McDaniels decided to cut ties shortly thereafter. Nolan is the third key member of McDaniels' staff to exit after just one season, joining ex-Broncos OL coach Rick Dennison (now Texans OC) and RBs coach Bobby Turner (now with the Redskins).
...if the Miami hires him I think their defense gets an upgrade, what do you guys think?

Now it's not official yet but...

...if the Miami hires him I think their defense gets an upgrade, what do you guys think?

I think that the Jets and Dolphins are getting stronger and that we better get our act together.

I think that the Jets and Dolphins are getting stronger and that we better get our act together.

With the cba up in the air I am not sure Kraft will sign anyone. Maybe the Pats will play next year with 30 players.:p

And the Patriots are bringing in...?

Edit: Beat me to the punchline, JSn.

Last edited:
It's possible but an unlikely timeline that Pees would resign a week before Nolan left, mutually, because the Dolphins were interested in him. Couple that and the unlikeliness that Pees would want to move himself and his family across most of the country and it probably isn't how it worked out.

More likely, Pees was let go then when Nolan told McDaniels that Miami would be calling, McDaniels said "fine, go" knowing Pees was out there.

So about all this stuff about Pees leaving for health reasons was just a subterfuge.

Can't imagine the thin air in Denver being good for someone in poor health.

Maybe the health reason was avoiding an azz kicking by BB? ;)

Let's try this again.

Pees had a contract.
It ends before the 2010 season.
Pees is a free agent.
Pees doesn't need an excuse to go elsehwere.
Belichick doen't need to fire Pees, he just needs to not make a better offer.

How many players and coaches need to leave before we understand that not everyone in the world wants to play for patriots, regardless of other offers. Some actually prefer not to continue here for various reasons. Mediots and posters can speculate why folks leave.

Last edited:
The 'health issues' thing was clearly just a way to let Pees save face versus telling him 'no thanks, we don't want you back', and the Patriots may have wanted to look like they didn't make a mistake promoting him to DC

Re: McDaniels, Pees could be reuniting -Amazing

I cant understand that . Nolan is a great DC and let McDaniels be 100% in the offensive end . Bad move by Denver

The 'health issues' thing was clearly just a way to let Pees save face versus telling him 'no thanks, we don't want you back', and the Patriots may have wanted to look like they didn't make a mistake promoting him to DC

Well, how much face do you save if a guy with "health issues" just turns around and signs on with another team? Just say he was let go or they chose not to renew his contract. That sounds and looks a whole lot better than a fake story.

Let's try this again.

Pees had a contract.
It ends before the 2010 season.
Pees is a free agent.
Pees doesn't need an excuse to go elsehwere.
Belichick doen't need to fire Pees, he just needs to not make a better offer.

How many players and coaches need to leave before we understand that not everyone in the world wants to play for patriots, regardless of other offers. Some actually prefer not to continue here for various reasons. Mediots and posters can speculate why folks leave.
What you say is possible.

However, on it's face, if Pees still wanted to be a DC not only would he likely prefer not to have to move to a new team (again, just probabilities not definites) but it's very likely that he had no idea if a DC job would be offered to him. We don't know. Clearly. However, unless he knew McDaniels was splitting up with Nolan and that he would be the choice and he wanted to go somewhere else, it doesn't add up.

Then factor in that SMY has done fairly well with the accuracy of a few stories she's broken and she stands behind "Pees didn't have a choice". And I'm willing to go with the 1+1=2 of Pees' contract wasn't renewed by the Patriots and it was a one way street.

Can I prove it ? Clearly not. Am I 90% confident ? No. But it seems BY FAR to be the most likely scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back