PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Glazer: McDaniels and Nolan mutually agree to part ways

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're day dreaming again. The Patriots do not pay their coordinators

enough to get a good one.

Get him on the phone, Bill. Nolan had a master's touch with that defense this season. Put some talent in the LB corps and DL on this defense and the guy can do wonders with us.

I wonder if BB would trust another Defensive system and coach to come in regardless of the track record.. my .02

OC - Billick
DC - Nolan

Championship

NFWIH Billick and Belichick coexist under one roof. No way.

However, BB and Ozzie Newsome are chummy. Newsome hired Nolan in BAL. McD hired Nolan based on a recommendation by BB.

There are some LinkedIns here......

All I know is that the AFCE is getting VERY competitive and we can ride on the fact that the division has holes much longer.

Check out what Schefter just tweeted:

Before Broncos and Mike Nolan parted ways, Miami sent in request for permission to interview him for defensive coordinator job.

Sounds like Nolan to Miami is a done deal.

Pees to Denver.

This team should start hiring other team's coaches instead of constantly losing their own. Nolan could be a fresh approach to a lifeless D.

According to Florio, his source says Nolan was let go because teams figured out his defense. If you look at Denver's defense, it was amazing the first six weeks and then fell apart.

I think I would pass on Nolan.

Get him on the phone, Bill. Nolan had a master's touch with that defense this season. Put some talent in the LB corps and DL on this defense and the guy can do wonders with us.

Did you watch the Broncos' defense the second half of the season? Yes, their defense was amazing the first six games, but it sucked most of the last 10 games.

Here is the points the Broncos gave up in the last 10 gamers:

Baltimore - 30
Pittsburgh - 28
Washington - 27
San Deigo - 32
Giants - 6
KC - 13
Indy - 28
Oakland - 20
Philly - 30
KC -44 (and they gave 259 yards on the ground to Jamal Charles)

Last edited:
Did you watch the Broncos' defense the second half of the season? Yes, their defense was amazing the first six games, but it sucked most of the last 10 games.

To be fair, though, the Broncos had the same problems the Chiefs did. Without a quality player on the nose, the 3-4 is just begging to be run against.

We're day dreaming again. The Patriots do not pay their coordinators

enough to get a good one.

Is there an actual person posting under this account? Or is this some sort of script that recycles the same crappy iterations over and over and over and over?

To be fair, though, the Broncos had the same problems the Chiefs did. Without a quality player on the nose, the 3-4 is just begging to be run against.

It could be the problem or it could be Nolan didn't know how to adjust when they figured out weaknesses or a little of both. Personally, I have always thought that Nolan was a tad bit overrated. He inherited one of the best defenses in league history when he took over the Ravens' defense in 2001 and has mixed results (some great some bad). The Redskins defense sucked when he was the the DC there.

Last edited:
Sign the beast.

It could be the problem or it could be Nolan didn't know how to adjust when they figured out weaknesses or a little of both. Personally, I have always thought that Nolan was a tad bit overrated.

I couldn't comment on how good of a coordinator he was/wasn't but the Baltimore Ds played well while he was there.

Could be that the reason for his departure was that there just wasn't a good enough chemistry b/t/w he and JMcD.

I couldn't comment on how good of a coordinator he was/wasn't but the Baltimore Ds played well while he was there.

Could be that the reason for his departure was that there just wasn't a good enough chemistry b/t/w he and JMcD.

Well, it was one of the best in league history in 2000. He took over in 2001 and it started to fall off although it was still a top defense. In 2002, it was middle of the pack, but they did lose players. It was good again in 2003. He left after that. But it was still good in 2004.

It could have been a chemistry issue between McDaniels and Nolan, but Nolan's DC career has been up and down. Way down in Washington.

I wouldn't be upset if the Pats hired him, but I don't think he is nearly as great as he is made out to be. He wouldn't be my first choice at DC.

Last edited:
Well, it was one of the best in league history in 2000. He took over in 2001 and it started to fall off although it was still a top defense. In 2002, it was middle of the pack, but they did lose players. It was good again in 2003. He left after that. But it was still good in 2004.

It could have been a chemistry issue between McDaniels and Nolan, but Nolan's DC career has been up and down. Way down in Washington.

I wouldn't be upset if the Pats hired him, but I don't think he is nearly as great as he is made out to be. He wouldn't be my first choice at DC.

Yea thats what I'm saying. He could be great, but with bad teams. Could be marginal, but with excellent defenses and just good & bad circumstances surrounding him. I thought he did a decent job in Denver. The their talent on D is lacking.

Just checked out his bio. He was actually DC for the NYJ in 2000 - under Al Groh. No wonder why Tuna is reaching out to him.

Last edited:
Mike Nolan is a great DC and did wonders with a Denver team with little talent. He was also the originator of that crazy defense they ran in Baltimore before Rex Ryan took over because Nolan got a head coaching job. I think it would be a great pick up.

Worth a look, after wade he is my second choice lol

Nolan is going to Miami, according to multiple reports.

The Broncos are also working on bringing in Pees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down