PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Freshly signed Joey Porter arrested for DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what the Boston media is like, but trust me when I say the Pittsburgh media would do anything they could to sweep any wrong doing under the rug, yet we consistently hear all about the mishaps of the ill mannered Steelers. It's actually quite amusing talking to all their fans. They admit to all their players indiscretions, but they don't care because it's all about winning, and they can get away with it. Now, if that were the Pats what the hell do you think would be the top story on the 7:00 SC? It's sickening, and until you're here you really couldn't understand what I'm talking about.

I live in PGH and I agree with what you're saying, specifically about sweeping things under the rug. The Santonio Holmes story comes to mind, when the whole damn city, including the district attorney, swept it under the rug.

If you remember, Holmes was actually caught smoking a big blunt, which isn't a huge crime in itself--but should be an automatic DUI. I have had 2 people I know get pulled over when the car smelled like weed, and both were automatically charged with DUI's immediately. Yet, not only did they look past the fact that he was smoking while driving, they somehow threw his other 15 grams in rolled blunts out of court, along with the entire case in itself. The city did not want to hurt their football team during a stretch run at a SB hunt, what he did was about 100x worse than Faulk's getting caught with a joint in his jacket, the local DA actually threw the entire case out.

As BradyFTW stated, many cities have some negativity reflected on their teams in the media etc, PGH does not even come close to having an unbiased opinion when discussing the Steelers.They can do no wrong whatsoever. That's why the rant you heard, possibly from Steigerwald, was indeed a serious change, not to mention a sure sign that Roethlisberger isn't going to walk away unscathed--at least in the public perception. Not even here in Pittsburgh.

As far as your ESPN theory goes, hell yeah it'd be posted all over their front page, just like the Brady wedding story was. Any chance they ever get to put this team down, they'll take advantage of. If it makes you feel any better they recently reported this story regarding Roethlisberger's running out on dinner checks in local restaurants. Of course they buried it in the other larger article, but it's there regardless. (a couple paragraphs up from the end)

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger accused of sexual assault - ESPN

FWIW--the local 1250 am ESPN radio station was talking about his habit of running out on local restaurant tabs too, during their talk radio session. Callers were calling in with various stories, as apparently he's all-out banned from one of the South Side sushi bars:D

You are kidding me, right?
No, i am not. Every team has a couple guys who don't toe the line, including the Pats, but the Steelers, Pats and Colts have fewer than others, and the teams react somewhat differently.

The Steelers' nearby teams (Cinci, Cleveland, Philly) are far more onerous, and that was the point of my reaction to your comment that most of the NFL trash comes out of Pittsburgh. That comment was simply melodrama in my opinon. That's the point I was trying to make. Not that the Steelers were comprised of choir boys, but that they were better than most teams and along with the Pats and Colts, try to handle things well.

the Steelers seem to be the pipeline for most of this trash in the NFL

Not even close imo. you are entitled to yours.

Didnt see that coming......

FoxboroFlyer: Stop sending me private messages. Post your opinion; I'll post mine. Leave it at that and let it go.

LOL! All I did was send 1 message asking for a response. You act like I'm stalking you. Either way no problem.

No, i am not. Every team has a couple guys who don't toe the line, including the Pats, but the Steelers, Pats and Colts have fewer than others, and the teams react somewhat differently.

The Steelers' nearby teams (Cinci, Cleveland, Philly) are far more onerous, and that was the point of my reaction to your comment that most of the NFL trash comes out of Pittsburgh. That comment was simply melodrama in my opinon. That's the point I was trying to make. Not that the Steelers were comprised of choir boys, but that they were better than most teams and along with the Pats and Colts, try to handle things well.

Not even close imo. you are entitled to yours.

So Philly is one of the 'bad' teams and Pittsburgh is one of the 'good' ones? Please explain how you could possibly arrive at that conclusion. Fairly certain that the Eagles have a far more disciplined team than the Steelers.

Eagles players had 0 arrests from 07-08, 2 from 08-09 (misdemeanors) as well as a pending felony on a draft pick, and one more misdemeanor from 09-10. So actual Eagles players committed... 3 misdemeanors over 3 years? That's practically saintly in NFL terms, and Roethlisberger alone has about as long of a record as their entire team. Yet, according to you, the Steelers are one of the classy teams and the Eagles are the shady ones... go figure.

Last edited:
So Philly is one of the 'bad' teams and Pittsburgh is one of the 'good' ones? Please explain how you could possibly arrive at that conclusion. Fairly certain that the Eagles have a far more disciplined team than the Steelers.

Eagles players had 0 arrests from 07-08, 2 from 08-09 (misdemeanors) as well as a pending felony on a draft pick, and one more misdemeanor from 09-10. So actual Eagles players committed... 3 misdemeanors over 3 years? That's practically saintly in NFL terms, and Roethlisberger alone has about as long an arrest record as their entire team. Yet, according to you, the Steelers are one of the classy teams and the Eagles are the shady ones... go figure.

:agree:
Unfortunately some people can't see the forrest for the trees.
I also don't know why the Browns are even included in this conversation. What issues have they had? I can't think of any off the top my head.

Last edited:

Of course the Steelers are good, just ask their fans and the media their players can do no wrong while the Patriots and Belichick are scum. Treat your wife/girlfriend like its Wrestlemania 25, just don't tape your opponent's signals!

Anyone else notice how the "classiest" organization in football, the Steelers seem to be the pipeline for most of this trash in the NFL?

At least the Steelers were not dumb enough to pay him big money once his contract was up. They let him walk. The Cards look really bad now. They let Dansby walk, and sign Porter in his place. LOL. Looks terrible in hindsight. I never liked the guy much anyways. He talked a bigger game than he played.

Anyone else notice how the "classiest" organization in football, the Steelers, seem to be the pipeline for most of this trash in the NFL?

I have, and it disgusts me.

I despise the PitsDirt Stealers, Ruled by the Saint Rooneys. I despise the Saint Rooneys, their players, their fanboys, and their sychophantic accomplices in the local & national media.

Wasn't it Porter, or someone else from the "classy" Stealers, who wore a "Bernard Pollard Fan Club" tee-shirt?

Najeh Davenport pooped in a girl's hamper in college. It might have been in poor taste but he was in college and probably intoxicated. That's far from criminal. In fact it's pretty funny. He also hasn't been a Steeler since 2008.

Thanks. I didn't know that story before I just read it on here and I still haven't stopped laughing, nor have I been able to get the mental picture out of my head (the two coincide with one another).

As for Porter, all I have to say is this...

Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, hey, hey, hey...... GOODBYE!

Couldn't have happened to a nicer scumlord.

What, he didn't claim the cops "cheated" him out of non-DUI?

+1.

What a cretin. Maybe the Cards will show some brains and use this as an excuse to release him.

Update: Porter will not be charged.

Career... not ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes