PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Freshly signed Joey Porter arrested for DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who besides Plaxico and Porter? And they let those guys go, if you recall. Pats have had problem players, too, and let them go. Colts only had one that I can think of, the NT ... I want to say Johnson ... they let go at a time their defensive line was in trouble.

I think it probably isn't a coincidence that the Pats, Steelers and Colts put such a big emphasis on character and almost every year at least two of these teams are in the playoffs. Year after year.
Besides those 2, just keep Big Ben away from the women...

Who besides Plaxico and Porter? And they let those guys go, if you recall. Pats have had problem players, too, and let them go. Colts only had one that I can think of, the NT ... I want to say Johnson ... they let go at a time their defensive line was in trouble.

I think it probably isn't a coincidence that the Pats, Steelers and Colts put such a big emphasis on character and almost every year at least two of these teams are in the playoffs. Year after year.

You are kidding me, right? How about Harrison who beats the hell out of his wife, yet still is on the roster, or how about Rapistberger who seems to consistently have trouble understanding yes from no, or how about the kicker they just franchised who seems to have a problem with public restroom towel dispensers when he is repeatedly drunk, and acting like an ass. Do you want me to continue? Unfortunately for me I live in the Pittsburgh region, and am all to familiar with the garbage that is here.

Per PFT turd watch/police blotter, and going back to February 2007:

Ben Roethlisberger
James Harrison
Cedric Wilson
Jeff Reed
Santonio Holmes (Steelers' version of Faulk w/marijuana possession)
Najeh Davenport
Richard Siegler
Deshea Townsend

Last edited:
Just FYI the LOCAL all sports radio station went off last week about Mike Tomlin's statement of how the Pittsburgh organization holds themselves to a HIGHER standard then the rest of the league. For a local radio guy around here to go off on a rant the way he did it makes it abundantly clear that the Steelers are wallowing in some mess!

Per PFT turd watch/police blotter, and going back to February 2007:

Ben Roethlisberger
James Harrison
Cedric Wilson
Jeff Reed
Santonio Holmes (Steelers' version of Faulk w/marijuana possession)
Najeh Davenport
Richard Siegler
Deshea Townsend

Yeah, other than that they are complete darlings.

How about their Hall of Fame wide receiver who shot a guy and walked?

How about freakin Ernie Holmes who actuallly shot...live rounds... at a police helicopter! Or how about their punter in the late 70's early 80's who actually killed a guy in drinking, and driving incident!

I defend my team until I'm blue in the face! Until anyone has to deal with s*** I deal with on a regular basis you best have your facts in line. Especially if you're going to defend a two-faced joke of an organization like the Steelers!

Just FYI the LOCAL all sports radio station went off last week about Mike Tomlin's statement of how the Pittsburgh organization holds themselves to a HIGHER standard then the rest of the league. For a local radio guy around here to go off on a rant the way he did it makes it abundantly clear that the Steelers are wallowing in some mess!

I agree with your overall point: that the Steelers have a disproportionate number of scumbags. As for the local media thing, though... imagine if people judged the Boston sports teams by what the Herald had to say about them...

I agree with your overall point: that the Steelers have a disproportionate number of scumbags. As for the local media thing, though... imagine if people judged the Boston sports teams by what the Herald had to say about them...

I don't know what the Boston media is like, but trust me when I say the Pittsburgh media would do anything they could to sweep any wrong doing under the rug, yet we consistently hear all about the mishaps of the ill mannered Steelers. It's actually quite amusing talking to all their fans. They admit to all their players indiscretions, but they don't care because it's all about winning, and they can get away with it. Now, if that were the Pats what the hell do you think would be the top story on the 7:00 SC? It's sickening, and until you're here you really couldn't understand what I'm talking about.

What the hell was he doing in Bakersfield?

He's from here. He went to Foothill High School on the other side of town from where I am.

He's a total jerk. Around here we care much more for David Carr (Stockdale HS) than Porter. Porter comes home now and then and does charity work, but it rings hollow thanks to his big mouth. Now this...I hope the general NFL public finally sees him for who he really is.

Bob G

You're kidding right?

As other's pointed out already:

Ben Roethlisberger
James Harrison
Cedric Wilson
Jeff Reed
Santonio Holmes (Steelers' version of Faulk w/marijuana possession--although way different because Holmes was actually caught smoking a blunt while driving, which should've been an automatic DUI had it not been for the local DA letting him off. He also had a total of about 15 grams in other blunts on him, very very different than Faulk having a joint in his jacket pocket)
Najeh Davenport
Richard Siegler
Deshea Townsend

Plus I'd like to add a few more:

Bam Morris and his multiple arrests for trunkloads of majiuana

Mike Webster and his 50+ counts of fake prescription passing in various pharmacies to receive amphetemines to fuel his speed addiction

Mel Blount and his beatings of the youth kids in the homes he ran

And then, of course, your ones you already mentioned:

Porter and Burress makes a total of 13

Najeh Davenport pooped in a girl's hamper in college. It might have been in poor taste but he was in college and probably intoxicated. That's far from criminal. In fact it's pretty funny. He also hasn't been a Steeler since 2008.

By the way, Ty Law was an integral part of the Patriots Super Bowl teams and everyone seems to forgive him his drug-running, which I'm sure was just the tip of the iceberg for him. No NFL player is a saint, Steeler or Cowboy or Eagle or Patriot, I don't know why you guys place them on pedestals.

I don't know what the Boston media is like, but trust me when I say the Pittsburgh media would do anything they could to sweep any wrong doing under the rug, yet we consistently hear all about the mishaps of the ill mannered Steelers. It's actually quite amusing talking to all their fans. They admit to all their players indiscretions, but they don't care because it's all about winning, and they can get away with it. Now, if that were the Pats what the hell do you think would be the top story on the 7:00 SC? It's sickening, and until you're here you really couldn't understand what I'm talking about.

Fair enough, I've never been to Pittsburgh. The Boston media is pretty intensely negative for negativity's sake (where do you think half the posters on this board get it from...), but it doesn't surprise me that that's not the norm.

Najeh Davenport pooped in a girl's hamper in college. It might have been in poor taste but he was in college and probably intoxicated. That's far from criminal. In fact it's pretty funny. He also hasn't been a Steeler since 2008.

By the way, Ty Law was an integral part of the Patriots Super Bowl teams and everyone seems to forgive him his drug-running, which I'm sure was just the tip of the iceberg for him. No NFL player is a saint, Steeler or Cowboy or Eagle or Patriot, I don't know why you guys place them on pedestals.

You bring up a valid point about the state of NFL players etc, although this was in response to a poster directly asking "Besides Burress and Porter, what other Steelers were there?"

I agree that most teams will surely have their share of bad apples from time to time, that's the law of averages--and some teams will continue to have more than their share of bad apples in hopes of improving their chances to win a ring. I can honestly say I don't think this team would do that, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back