PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Favre not coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT-Favre not coming back

Whoever gave you those stats is an idiot moron loser, because BB lost his last game against Favre just off the top of my head.

Also, Favre and the Pack trumped the Pats IN Gillette Stadium in 2002 (the third of a four game losing streak).

With Favre being mostly on the Packers, the Pats don't face him too often. Here's how I recollect those meetings.....

2002 GB beats NE at NE
2006 NE beats GB at GB (Favre injured in first half)
2008 NE beats NYJ at NYJ
2008 NYJ beat NE at NE

Therefore, BB is 2-2 against Favre. Not a domination by any means.

Also, Favre and the Pack trumped the Pats IN Gillette Stadium in 2002 (the third of a four game losing streak).

With Favre being mostly on the Packers, the Pats don't face him too often. Here's how I recollect those meetings.....

2002 GB beats NE at NE
2008 NE beats NYJ at NYJ
2008 NYJ beat NE at NE

Therefore, BB is 2-2 against Favre. Not a domination by any means.

He went 1-1 against him as head coach of the Browns too, so 3-3 (not that it changes much).

Meh-Favre's just making an excuse to skip the hard and sweat TC.

Favre will be back after TC/preseason wrap up with the Vikes - you watch it.

I'll withhold comment until the season opens without the name "Favre, Brett" on any NFL roster.

To quote an old Dutch saying, "I've killed it, but is it dead?"

Last edited:
The Vikings are saying that they will give him more money to return for 2010.

I do not think this is about money !

It is about Favre being Favre !

He has never been a dedicated training camp warrior.
He is just buying a few more weeks so that he can avoid camp.

Probably between the 2nd and 3rd exibition game, Favre will decide to
return.

It is all about Favre being Favre.

Cheating is way out of training camp is Favre being Favre.

The Vikings are saying that they will give him more money to return for 2010.

I do not think this is about money !

It is about Favre being Favre !

He has never been a dedicated training camp warrior.
He is just buying a few more weeks so that he can avoid camp.

Probably between the 2nd and 3rd exibition game, Favre will decide to
return.

It is all about Favre being Favre.

Cheating is way out of training camp is Favre being Favre.

Why do you have to use big bolded letters?

2002 GB beats NE at NE
2008 NE beats NYJ at NYJ
2008 NYJ beat NE at NE

Uhh... I recollect a certain meeting in January of 1997 down in New Orleans. Ever heard of THAT particular Pats-Favre/Packers "meeting"?

Jeepers creepers. What a case of amnesia.

Uhh... I recollect a certain meeting in January of 1997 down in New Orleans. Ever heard of THAT particular Pats-Favre/Packers "meeting"?

I didn't know BB coached the Pats back then :rolleyes:

To the surprise of no one, mere hours after texting Vikings teammates of his retirement and leaking it to the media ensuring a day of being the lead story on all sports sites/shows - Lord Favre tells Steve Mariucci he isn't retired and remains undecided.

NFL.com news: Favre still undecided on his future, ex-mentor Mariucci says

Yeah, but we're dumb for thinking he isn't doing this for media whoreness/self fellating purposes. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Brett Favre LOVES this attention. He's been playing this "Will I/Won't I?" game since 2004; and he craves every article, sports show call in, PFT blurb, and ESPN crawl item that has his name attached to it. There is no such thing as bad media coverage to Brett Favre; even if everyone is screaming for him to go away, he just hears them screaming about him. I hope he does come back, and I hope he goes 3 for 4 in "Game Losing INT's in the NFC Championship Game".

If Brett wasn't doing this for attention, it wouldn't have dragged on all day. He would have released a counter statement as soon as the leak came out, or he would have confirmed he's not coming back. Staying silent is just BEGGING for attention.

Last edited:

Don't remind that Favre played significant and indirect roles in ruining 2007 and 2008 :facepalm:

Also 2002 when GB let the NYJ destroy them in the season finale, putting the Jets in the playoffs instead of the Pats.

And 1996 was pretty significant and direct. That's where my hatred for Farvray began.

no way he walks away from 16 million, he will come back. hell he was probably holding out for it.

Yeah, but we're dumb for thinking he isn't doing this for media whoreness/self fellating purposes. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Brett Favre LOVES this attention. He's been playing this "Will I/Won't I?" game since 2004; and he craves every article, sports show call in, PFT blurb, and ESPN crawl item that has his name attached to it. There is no such thing as bad media coverage to Brett Favre; even if everyone is screaming for him to go away, he just hears them screaming about him. I hope he does come back, and I hope he goes 3 for 4 in "Game Losing INT's in the NFC Championship Game".

If Brett wasn't doing this for attention, it wouldn't have dragged on all day. He would have released a counter statement as soon as the leak came out, or he would have confirmed he's not coming back. Staying silent is just BEGGING for attention.

If Brett wasn't doing this for attention it wouldn't have happened period since the source of the rumors he can never fathom where they came from were his own teamates he was texting and their source was what his pal Chilly refers to as the horse's mouth, or more precisely it's ass... And he again forced Chilly to lie through his teeth and then immediately up the ante for no apparent reason...LOL

That's the problem most rational fans have with this jerk. Be a man, play or don't, if you want more money, say so and quit hiding behind the ankle you deliberately let go until May...and quit acting like some teenage drama queen. Unless the only thing that really matters to you isn't playing or competing...it's being the center of attention.

Florio nailed this jerk yesterday. He can't come back until he both creates a scenario where a hostage franchise and fan base is begging him to be their savior and he's laid the groundwork for excusing his ultimately failing them. Such a warrior.

I think the original question was posed in terms of whether Belichick had ever lost to Favre.

Brett Favre had a hell of a year last year and if he comes back, the Vikes are one of the best teams in the NFC, if not the NFL.

As for BB's record against Favre:

Oct 18th, 1992 as the Brown's HC, won 17-6. (GB)
Nov 19th, 1995 as the Brown's HC, lost 31-20. (GB)
Jan 26th, 1997 as the Patriot's AHC, lost 35-21 (Super Bowl). (GB)
Oct 13th, 2002 as the Patriots HC, lost 28-10. (GB)
Nov 19th, 2006 as the Patriots HC, won 35-0. (GB)
Sept 14th, 2008 as the Patriots HC, won 19-10. (Jets)
Nov 13th, 2008 as the Patriots HC, lost 34-31. (Jets)
Oct 31st, 2010 as the Patriots HC, [?] (Vikings?)

So overall, BB has a losing record against Favre or .500 record if you don't count his AHC loss.

I didn't know BB coached the Pats back then :rolleyes:

Assistant Head Coach

Because that worked out so well for Green Bay... The Vikings are scared to death of alienating him lest he decide to ask for his retirement release and start perusing the want ads for another suitor with whom he could seek revenge against them...

And given the financial situation Wilf faces absent a new stadium deal and given the possibility that rookie QB's will be a lot more reasonably priced starting in 2011 and he has Peterson to deal with and who knows, he might well have a new HC in mind were he to find himself in line to land a QB in the 2011 draft...

As far as I can see, it did work out for Green Bay. There was strife in the first season, but he and Favre SEEMED to get along after that and, with Favre now waffling again, Green Bay now has a franchise quarterback for well into the future and are a couple of pieces away from possibly putting together a championship team. On top of that, I personally don't think that Minnesota should have balked at that same chance if they had an opportunity to draft a potential franchise quarterback for the future. Favre is 40 years old. He knows that he would be the man this year and he also knows that he probably doesn't have too many years left in the league as a starter.

I think the original question was posed in terms of whether Belichick had ever lost to Favre.

Favre beat Belichick in 1995. I remember because the game was in Cleveland, and it was just a week or two after it got out that Modell was moving the team to Baltimore. A guy I knew at college said someone offered him tickets to the game and he was thinking of going until the move was announced. He was afraid the Browns fans were going to blow up the stadium or something.

Mariucci was just on NFL Network and basically said that he had been texting back and forth with Favre and the message was that everyone should hold their horses. Favre says that, at this point, his ankle doesn't feel ready but also gave some wiggle room that it could change before the season starts. He just doesn't want to go through Training Camp...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes