PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Favre not coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching ESPN right now "Breaking News".

Brett Favre has some mental disorder, I'm not kidding.

He told Ed Werder he WILL play for the Vikings if he gets healthy and HAS NOT made his decision yet.

:bricks:

He told Ed Werder he WILL play for the Vikings if he gets healthy and HAS NOT made his decision yet.

Oh so this year there is a bonus twist with the return of the great one. When he does make his 'heroic' decision to gut it out with this severely damaged ankle and suit up for 2010 we are going to constantly hear how he's not only coming back but how amazingly tough he is. Oh no, I'm sure Favre didn't intend for that at all just like the pictures of his bruises miraculously leaked after the NFCC.

Oh so this year there is a bonus twist with the return of the great one. When he does make his 'heroic' decision to gut it out with this severely damaged ankle and suit up for 2010 we are going to constantly hear how he's not only coming back but how amazingly tough he is. Oh no, I'm sure Favre didn't intend for that at all just like the pictures of his bruises miraculously leaked after the NFCC.

Well, the guy IS old and every time he suits up it is newsworthy. I mean, I'm pretty sure the guy fought in WW2.

Favre's had a terrific career and is definitely one of the all-time greats at the position along with Montana, Elway, Marino, Brady, and Peyton.

(I'm not gonna include guys like Unitas, Starr and Baugh because I don't think you should compare guys from different eras. Unitas, Starr and Baugh definitely were the best from their era though.)

I could see him coming back mid-season for one more crack at the Super Bowl. I doubt he's ready to give it up now. This will be his last season though.

Last edited:
Re: OT-Favre not coming back

I think the original question was posed in terms of whether Belichick had ever lost to Favre.

Whoops. My bad. Plus, gotta give props to a fellow New Yorker who's climbed high enough on Manhattan's social ladder to have **** Stockton as a high rise condo neighbor to speak with in the elevator. You rule for that, man. Ain't it great here? She's chewed me up and spat me out twice when I was younger, but I kept comin' back 'cause, well, when it goes right for you here, the accolades are like none other. Lebron James is such a coward.

Jets stink. There, does that make up for hyping living in New York 'round here?

And along with Patjew, I clearly remember being sooo pissed off when Favre threw up a stinker in New Jersey against The Jets and let them into the playoffs merely hours after The Pats won this INSANE come from wayyy behind game against The Dolphins up in Foxboro, last week of the regular season 2002. Not to mention his choke job last game in 2008. Favre has eliminated The Pats twice, by proxy. Geebus.

Good news! Jeff George has offered his services if Favre doesn't return. It wouldn't be close to football time of the year without the Favre retirement dance and the Jeff George making an NFL comeback story.

How many years out of the league does George have to be before his return to the field is so stupid that he doesn't even bring it up anymore. I remember the bogus rumors when Brady went down that the Pats might be interested. It was stupid then and it is even dumber two years later.

Veteran quarterback makes pitch to replace Brett Favre | ProFootballTalk.com

And along with Patjew, I clearly remember being sooo pissed off when Favre threw up a stinker in New Jersey against The Jets and let them into the playoffs merely hours after The Pats won this INSANE come from wayyy behind game against The Dolphins up in Foxboro, last week of the regular season 2002. Not to mention his choke job last game in 2008. Favre has eliminated The Pats twice, by proxy. Geebus.

Not to mention his hands on elimination in 96.

One more reason he may not be back

'Brett Favre Once Sent Me **** Shots': Not A Love Story

Who knows who comes out next...

GLS

Not that I can blame him...

500x_stergerfavre.jpg

WOW...

Whoops. My bad. Plus, gotta give props to a fellow New Yorker who's climbed high enough on Manhattan's social ladder to have **** Stockton as a high rise condo neighbor to speak with in the elevator. You rule for that, man. Ain't it great here? She's chewed me up and spat me out twice when I was younger, but I kept comin' back 'cause, well, when it goes right for you here, the accolades are like none other. Lebron James is such a coward.

Jets stink. There, does that make up for hyping living in New York 'round here?

Why do you feel the need to ALWAYS be talking about how great NY is and how successful you are for living there?

So he's coming back then...

So he's coming back then...

Worldwide news on all the major media networks and on every single show on ESPN...and 24 hours later his ankle and arm are all of a sudden feeling better and he just needs to "wait and see" :rolleyes:

Played the media like a cheap violin and they are loving it...

Last edited:
ESPN is reporting that agents for John Madden & Jenn Sterger have reached an agreement for him to purchase her cell phone, the dollar amount of the transaction was not immediately available.

and then there are the "benjamins".......

The Minnesota Star-Tribune reports that the Vikings have offerred to give Lord Favre an increase of $3M to his 2010 salary of $13M.....All of it guarenteed.

In addition,Favre would have incentives in the contract,raising the potential total to $20m per yr.

"It's not about the money",Favre replied to ESPN's Ed Werder.

Jimmy Carter replied to the Brett Favre Hostage Crisis:"Our long national nightmare is nearly over".

Ronald Reagan replied"Yea,good luck with that Jimmy".

Darrelle Revis replied:"I want a $dollar more than Favre!

Bernie Madoff replied:"jeezus,and they put me in jail"?.

....there was no reply from Peyton Manning,
however,observers report that a huge smile appeared on Manning's billboard-like forehead.

Last edited:
So basically the media drummed all of this stuff up out of thin air, Favre said nothing and didn't text anybody but they will throw it back on him anyways.

Oh he did i secretly found the text

" I am texting you to tell you to tell them that i send a text saying that it was all done then i can make my puppets at ESPN dance for me cause I am bored today in my Wrangler Jeans"

Someone with modest talent and PC savvy has the opportunity to put together a montage of Favre pics to the background tune of Abba's "Dancing Queen" only adapting the lyrics to say "Drama Queen". Thank me later people.

The Jet's Suck thread was moved for this crap thread ...

Say it isn't so ... that is unjust.:p:p:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore