PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Eagles @ Cowboys game discussion (Monday Night Football)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed it. What was Kornhole apologizing for?

Last edited:
Game of the Year, so far.

And I don't think we have the defense to keep up with either of these guys. Remember we just got past the Eagles a year ago with Feeley under center. But anything can happen, I guess.

exactly we would have to put points up on the board with these two teams our D aint shutting either of them down. Dunno if Cassel-led Pats O could do it.

Last edited:
wow we might just have watched the NFC Conference championship preview, what a game!

Barber is a beast. As sad as it may be i probably would take Barber over Maroney right now, Barber is soooo tough its rediculous, one of the toughest runners ever by far.

And I don't think we have the defense to keep up with either of these guys. Remember we just got past the Eagles a year ago with Feeley under center. But anything can happen, I guess.

Last year was last year. Besides, the Ravens almost beat the Pats last year because of their defense. The Pats defense looks to be playing at another level this year with the healthiness of Seymour, Thomas moving outside, and Mayo exceeding expectations.

Don't forget, the Pats did shut down the Greatest Show on Turf with what I would argue was a less talented defense in 2001. Or the Giants shut down Brady and company in the Super Bowl. In a big game, I will take a great defense over a great offense any day. That fact was the one thing that worried me all of last year and unfortunately, my fears came true at the worst possible time.

I missed it. What was Kornhole apologizing for?

I didn't catch it, but posts on PFT indicate it was a questionable joke referring to Mexicans. I am sure the actual quote will be there later.

The late reactions here are so predictable. Two undisciplined teams making mistake after mistake on the way to high scoring chaos is entertainment you should not mistake for championship caliber football...

Some people never learn...

Last year was last year. Besides, the Ravens almost beat the Pats last year because of their defense. The Pats defense looks to be playing at another level this year with the healthiness of Seymour, Thomas moving outside, and Mayo exceeding expectations.

Don't forget, the Pats did shut down the Greatest Show on Turf with what I would argue was a less talented defense in 2001. Or the Giants shut down Brady and company in the Super Bowl. In a big game, I will take a great defense over a great offense any day. That fact was the one thing that worried me all of last year and unfortunately, my fears came true at the worst possible time.

I don't want to be a homer about it. We played the Chiefs and Jets.

The G-Men beat Dallas in the playoffs last season...in Dallas...with THEIR DEFENSE...entertaining game filled with horrible defensive plays tonight.

Last edited:
anyone think we could beat the Eagles or Cowboys this year without Brady? They both look very good.

Based on what we saw tonight? Yeah, they both have crappy ST and have coverage breakdowns every other play, and make general stupid mistakes all the time. I think the Pats, right now, would beat either one of them if they played like they did tonight.

I don't want to be a homer about it. We played the Chiefs and Jets.

It may be an aberation, but who knows if the play tonight by the Cowboys and Eagles were aberations too? It is the second week of the season. But Seymour returning to full strength and Thomas moving back to his natural position, Mayo being in position to make plays, and getting acclimated to that position in the Pats' defense is something you can judge no matter who they play. Whether it will play out that way all season is yet to be be seen.

The Chargers went 1-3 last year and went to the AFC Championships.

The PC's from these two clowns underscore the reason their teams can't get over the hump... Reid keeps babbling about the great effort and tap dancing around any questions about what happened - just says they'll be fine... Wade just thinks everyone was outstanding, except for the turnovers..., and McNabb isn't old, and Romo had over 300 yards...

The late reactions here are so predictable. Two undisciplined teams making mistake after mistake on the way to high scoring chaos is entertainment you should not mistake for championship caliber football...

Bingo!

All flash no substance. All the mediots on ESPN have a boner because they put on a good show but neither of these teams scare me. Their defenses suck.

Actually I think the Packers could outplay both these teams.

I missed a lot of the game, but usually when I see a combined score that is almost 80 points in a 4 point win, I am think there were a lot of people not doing their jobs.

Why is no one on the post game blaming Mcnabb for that fumbled hand off in the 4th quarter? Steve Young's practically fellating Donovan for his performance, but no mention of the botched hand off that killed their drive.

Friggin' Eagles cost me my game this week in the PatsFans fantasy league with that chokejob performance at the end. Shouldn't expect anything else from Donovan "Dry-heave" McNabb. Rings up the points nicely until the 4th quarter rolls around, then he can't even manage a stupid handoff.

Good to see that McNabb is fully healthy and back to his choking ways. He sucked big time in the 4th quarter and cost his team the game.

I still think that the Giants are the team to beat in the NFC.

Good to see that McNabb is fully healthy and back to his choking ways. He sucked big time in the 4th quarter and cost his team the game.

I still think that the Giants are the team to beat in the NFC.

Yep-on the Iggs' final drives, he was just holding onto the ball TOO long. He just looked SPENT.

BTW-Wade may be a defensive genious, but Dallas' personnel is NOT San Diego's. Pt being that you can only work with the cards you are dealt with.

i have a lot of respect for the eagles as a team. for me they closely mirror the pats.play through tons of distractions and injuries and always there.

by the way anyone listen to what romo said ?"if we win the division they have a good chance at the SB" ?
iam glad our players dont talk like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back