PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Eagles @ Cowboys game discussion (Monday Night Football)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a lot of respect for the eagles as a team. for me they closely mirror the pats.play through tons of distractions and injuries and always there.

by the way anyone listen to what romo said ?"if we win the division they have a good chance at the SB" ?
iam glad our players dont talk like that.

Um...what's the controversy?

Um...what's the controversy?

oh nothing really ..i didnt mean to say it was controversial. just our team never talks superbowl or state the obvious even if it is after the 2nd game of the season. i guess dallas has a different way of getting up to play so just a little different from the team we follow. nothing wrong in it..just saying.

oh nothing really ..i didnt mean to say it was controversial. just our team never talks superbowl or state the obvious even if it is after the 2nd game of the season. i guess dallas has a different way of getting up to play so just a little different from the team we follow. nothing wrong in it..just saying.

NFCE is the toughest division in football, FWIW.

But like I said on another thread-Belichick would have headaches coaching this team.

If they commit that many penalties, and turnovers in the playoffs, they wont be going to any superbowl. With that said, congrats to the cowboys on their win :D

I have Barber on my fantasy team for the win!

Based on what we saw tonight? Yeah, they both have crappy ST and have coverage breakdowns every other play, and make general stupid mistakes all the time. I think the Pats, right now, would beat either one of them if they played like they did tonight.

Didn't the 10-0 Pats have to come from behind in the fourth quarter to beat the 5-5 Eagles by three points LAST year, with Tom Brady at the top of his game and A.J. Feeley quarterbacking the Eagles?

And didn't those last-place Eagles with A.J. Feeley at quarterback put up more yards and more offensive points against the Patriots' defense than they did against Dallas' defense on Monday night?

Didn't the 10-0 Pats have to come from behind in the fourth quarter to beat the 5-5 Eagles by three points LAST year, with Tom Brady at the top of his game and A.J. Feeley quarterbacking the Eagles?

And didn't those last-place Eagles with A.J. Feeley at quarterback put up more yards and more offensive points against the Patriots' defense than they did against Dallas' defense on Monday night?

It was last year and only one game. The Pats lost to a 6-10 Bills 31-0 in 2003 eventhough they went 14-2 and won the Super Bowl. The Pats lost to a 4-12 Dolphins the following year even though they again went 14-2 and won the Super Bowl. One game means nothing.

People need to stop looking at individual games and start drawing conclusions. The Pats and Eagles if they were to meet today would both come into the game with completely different gameplans than last year. The intensity level would be different too. Last year the Pats were the juggernaut facing a much weaker opponent in their second of three night games in a row and the Eagles were the team with nothing to lose looking for an upset win to turn around their season (they went into Foxboro at 5-5).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft