PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Darren McFadden may be available for a 5th rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! Has his value dropped. I remember when he was a draft prospect, many talked about this guy as the next LaDamien Tomlinson. Now the Raiders might let him go for next to nothing. For a fifth, I might take a pass at him. The Raiders' o-line is awful and that could be why he is such a bust.

The top of the 2008 draft had a lot of busts/disapointments: McFadden, Gholston, Derrick Harvey, Glenn Dorsey, Chris Long, and Sedrick Ellis. None of these guys have yet to live up to their draft status.

Ellis has been pretty good to be fair.

Dorsey is out of position in a 3-4.

Mangini ruined Gholston.

Raiders ruined McFadden.

Long hasn't been awful.

I never liked Harvey anyway.

NEXT! ;)

Wow! Has his value dropped. I remember when he was a draft prospect, many talked about this guy as the next LaDamien Tomlinson. Now the Raiders might let him go for next to nothing. For a fifth, I might take a pass at him. The Raiders' o-line is awful and that could be why he is such a bust.

The top of the 2008 draft had a lot of busts/disapointments: McFadden, Gholston, Derrick Harvey, Glenn Dorsey, Chris Long, and Sedrick Ellis. None of these guys have yet to live up to their draft status.

Man, it's only 2 years ! Hell, OJ Simpson took 3-4 years before he became a star, Plunkett took several years. Give these guys some time. Give them a 4th round pick (we don't have a 5th, but have 2 4th's) and call it a day. What a steal it would be. The guy has immense talent, how stupid would it be to pass up this kind of opportunity. The Raiders are crazy.

Man, it's only 2 years ! Hell, OJ Simpson took 3-4 years before he became a star, Plunkett took several years. Give these guys some time. Give them a 4th round pick (we don't have a 5th, but have 2 4th's) and call it a day. What a steal it would be. The guy has immense talent, how stupid would it be to pass up this kind of opportunity. The Raiders are crazy.

wow, memories of the Moss deal. Anything 3rd round or less is a no brainer. Hell I'd give them maroney, and take McFadden plus their 2nd or 3rd rounder and grab a RB.

Last edited:
Ellis has been pretty good to be fair.

Dorsey is out of position in a 3-4.

Mangini ruined Gholston.

Raiders ruined McFadden.

Long hasn't been awful.

I never liked Harvey anyway.

NEXT! ;)

Ellis has been good, but not playing to the level of a top 7 pick. Dorsey was out of position in the 4-3 his rookie year too. Long hasn't been awful, but he isn't playing like a #2 overall pick. I think Gholston was never more than an underachiever with a lot of natural talent and not much love for football.

Again, Ellis and Long are good players, but not the impact players they were supposed to be. That puts them in the disapointment category to me.

Any ideas what his remaining contract looks like?

What is his contract like?

We are talking top 10 picks. You pick a guy in the top 10, you want him to make an impact his rookie season and be a stud by his second season. If many of these guys were taken in the second round, you might consider them good picks. But when the Rams selected Chris Long with the second pick overall, they expected him to be a double digit sack master by now. They are paying him like one.

Last edited:
Maybe the raiders would take a Maroney/McFadden swap straight up. A change of scenery could be beneficial to both, and both were 1st rounders.

Maybe the raiders would take a Maroney/McFadden swap straight up. A change of scenery could be beneficial to both, and both were 1st rounders.

toss in fragile freddy and take their 3rd rounder.

LOL @ Maroney doing well in Oakland though..

Last edited:

Why would the Patriots make that deal?

I think this is a fine idea. Though we might deserve something more, at least Maroney has a couple 700+ seasons under his belt.

Found some contract info.

6/5/2008: Signed a six-year, $60 million contract. The deal contains $26 million guaranteed, including a $6.4 million "log" bonus. 2009: $3,281,250 (+ $5 million roster bonus), 2010: $3,937,500, 2011: $4,593,750, 2012: $5.25 million, 2013: $660,000, 2014: Free Agent

Darren McFadden

I'D rather spend a 5th round pick on Andre Dixon or LaGarrette Blount than Mc Fadden.IMHO.

I respectfully disagree with your assessment. McFadden is a much better football player than either Blount or Dixon.

You have two days to re-do his contract or pick up existing one and hope he'll renegotiate later or for cheap money you may have a rookie eager to prove himself.

weren't there rumors about him being on the trading block last year during the draft?

Maybe they realized that Micahel Bush is a pretty good RB when his leg isn't broken.

I have to admit I would make trade for this guy. Its hard to say he is a "bust" because of the poor line the oakland raiders scrap up every year and had to run behind and I'm sure if he came here behind this line he would be really good. Also if we get Mark Ingram next year that would be a good duo in the backfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe