PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Uncle Heatster 2-round mock draft

Another thing I just noticed: Sam Montgomery at #30 seems very high. I thought he was considered to be more of a 2nd to 3rd rounder?

I'm really surprised to see everyone saying St Louis has such a WR need. Did everyone forget they drafted Brian Quick and Chris Givens (who had a great Rookie year) last year and signed Jared Cook at TE? I know they lost Gibson and Amendola but I wouldn't count on the Rams going WR until the later rounds.

Well, you said it yourself...they lost two WRs and haven't replaced them. Unless they think that Quick and Givens are legit #1 and #2 WRs, and I don't think Fisher is that delusional. Cook has been a disappointment thus far. Quick was awful last year. And Givens absolutely did not have a great rookie year. He caught about 3 passes a game. And yes, many times it was a bomb for a touchdown. But I think you need more production than that. Matt Slater could probably do that if he played the entire game at WR. While allowing that Quick and Givens could, and probably will, improve, I think that a dependable slot receiver would help Bradshaw immensely.

I'm really surprised to see everyone saying St Louis has such a WR need. Did everyone forget they drafted Brian Quick and Chris Givens (who had a great Rookie year) last year and signed Jared Cook at TE? I know they lost Gibson and Amendola but I wouldn't count on the Rams going WR until the later rounds.

Great pick up of Wheaton btw. McFadden is an interesting prospect as well. I live in SD and get to see SDSU's football failures first hand. It's always surprising when they turn out a good prospect.

Givens is going to be good, but I'm not sold on Quick. They could use another wideout, I think, but you may be right that it's not a first round priority.

Great job Uncle Heatster. Love the mock.

Although it is painful to not see Barrett Jones in a Patriots uniform.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back