PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manman's Final 2013 Mock (almost, maybe?)

#59 Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon

The WILL is a position the Patriots have looked at both last year and this and this, they've looked at almost every available one in the first three rounds. Alonso is very good dropping back in either zone or in man coverage on a TE or RB and is a hair on fire player coming forward - sometimes a detriment to his play - he will need to learn greater discipline. But Alonso offers one of the best combinations of coverage ability and three down capabilities which will be important if Spikes isn't re-signed at the end of the coming season. In fact, Alonso's aggression reminds me of Spikes and I can see him being as important in the run game as Spikes long-term.

Sorry for the self indulgence but...

The NFL tackle leader is Kiko Alonso, a 2nd round draft pick

https://twitter.com/drocksthaparty/status/389782062330163200

The guy now has 66 tackles, 4 interceptions, a sack, a forced fumble, 6 pass break ups, and a fumble recovery.

The NFL tackle leader is Kiko Alonso, a 2nd round draft pick #LegendOfKikoAlonso :: NFL Draft Diamonds

I got some wrong but it sure looks like I hit that one.

I know it's unnecessary but I'm quite proud of that mock pick.

Sorry for the self indulgence but...

https://twitter.com/drocksthaparty/status/389782062330163200

The NFL tackle leader is Kiko Alonso, a 2nd round draft pick #LegendOfKikoAlonso :: NFL Draft Diamonds

I got some wrong but it sure looks like I hit that one.

I know it's unnecessary but I'm quite proud of that mock pick.

That's fair enough it's good to be proud of your good picks as long as you acknowledge the bad as well.

Alonso would definitely look good in the LB corps here in a 4-3 with Mayo and Hightower.

Yes he would; too bad he was taken before Bill had a chance to choose
between him & Jamie Collins.

If this was a mock draft for the Buffalo Bills you would have nailed it ;)

I didn’t read this back at draft time but I have to commend you on the knowledge you showed, the players you advocated were spot on in most cases and had very good rookie seasons.

Throughout the year I've been a vocal advocate and supporter for the following:

Markus Wheaton
Ziggy Ansah
Leon Mcfadden
Jonathan Cooper
Terron Armstead
Justin Pugh
Alec Ogletree

I think it's fair to say that I've lead the charge on all the above. Unfortunately, none of them make it into my mock.

So this is my attempt to predict what will actually happen on draft day, not necessarily what I want to happen. Below the mock are a short list of names that just missed out. I'm going to include them and also those above when I personally evaluate how I did in evaluating this draft from a Patriots perspective.

So here you go:

---------------------------------------

#29 **Trade**

Eagles trade up for EJ Manuel giving up #35, 101

#35 Robert Woods, WR, USC

I'm starting to think that Woods is arguably the best fit of all the receivers in this class. Whilst he might lack the character and combine measurables of Markus Wheaton (who I have as a close second behind Woods), Woods fits well in so many areas. One big area of concern for me was Woods' poor 3-cone at the combine but that is likely an after effect of his ankle issue because his 6.83 at his pro-day puts him comfortably back in the range the Patriots would be comfortable with.

Prior to the 2012 season, it was common knowledge that the receiver BB wanted was Reggie Wayne rather than Brandon Lloyd. I see Woods fitting squarely between those two receivers in how he projects to the NFL. He has Wayne's ability to maneuver his body to make the catch and Wayne's ability to gain separation. He might never be as good as Wayne, few will be, but I feel confident that, at least by year two, he'll be a better receiver than Lloyd - Woods is always looking to gain that extra yard which is not something that can be said of Lloyd.

So I love Wheaton as a personality and as a receiver but with this mock, I'm trying to find the right value overall and that gives Woods the edge.

#59 Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon

The WILL is a position the Patriots have looked at both last year and this and this, they've looked at almost every available one in the first three rounds. Alonso is very good dropping back in either zone or in man coverage on a TE or RB and is a hair on fire player coming forward - sometimes a detriment to his play - he will need to learn greater discipline. But Alonso offers one of the best combinations of coverage ability and three down capabilities which will be important if Spikes isn't re-signed at the end of the coming season. In fact, Alonso's aggression reminds me of Spikes and I can see him being as important in the run game as Spikes long-term.

#91 Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama

This is the Nick Saban endorsement pick. Two years ago it was Ridley, last year it was probably Hightower and this year it's the Captain that is talked of like a favourite son would be by Saban. There are other linemen I like more in terms of athleticism and playing ability but Jones wins through on intelligence and intangibles. He'll only ever be a starter at Center but that's exactly where you want him with his abilities to recognize defensive schemes and organise assignments. The Brady/Mayo of our OL.

#101 Marquess Wilson, WR, Washington State

I was ready to put Josh Boyce in this slot, in fact he was locked in as far as I was concerned until I went back to look at Wilson again. Question: Why on earth would a team take Justin Hunter in the first/second when they can have Wilson in the fourth/fifth?

Well the most obvious answer is clearly Wilson's character. Is he a quitter? That's the question that matters most and is the most decisive factor in determining whether he's draftable or not. But we don't know the full details of the incident that saw him quitting school and nor are we privy to his interviews. All we do know, is that he, at least, got to first base with the Patriots in that he earned a private workout.

There are two other major problems with his game. Firstly, his tape features some of the worst drops I've seen by a WR. He's also completely lacking any ability to be physical in game; he's as finesse as they come.

So why did he displace Boyce? Well firstly, that finesse I talked about is as beautiful as it gets. Whether it's catching the ball or running with it, Wilson is as smooth as the finest whiskey. He also has elite body control. He can turn himself inside out in order to catch the ball. Despite his lack of strength, Wilson might be the best in class at beating press coverage and only Austin and Patterson can beat him at being able to run with the ball in his hands.

In answer to my earlier question, whilst the question of his character is something that needs to be resolved, there is no way I'd take Hunter that high when I can have Wilson here. Wilson is the better all-round receiver and certainly the better fit for the Patriots. In our offense, I think he has elite level upside.

#226 Kayvon Webster, CB, USF

Excellent run defender at the CB spot with terrific athleticism. He looks much better in press than he does in zone coverage. Very physical and should be a quality special teamer who backs up Dennard and Talib in year one. Has the size and athleticism to be a genuine contender for Talib's role in year two.

#235 Jordan Kovacs, S, Michigan

Over-achiever, leader and highly respected by his team-mates. May never be more than a backup and special teams player, but with his character and desire, he'll be damned good at both. Ideal locker-room fit and arguably the most Patriot-type prospect available.

Just Missed:

The following are prospects that I could equally see being picked Thursday as those in my mock:

Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State,
Josh Boyce, WR, TCU
Ryan Swope, WR, TAMU

David Bakhtiari, OL, Colorado
Justin Pugh, OL, Syracuse

Lerentee McCray, DE, Florida

jon Bostic, LB, Florida

Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
Sanders Commings, CB, Georgia

Josh Evans, S, Florida
Philip Thomas, S, Fresno State

I've only predicted the one trade because predicting anything other than a trade down from the first is next to impossible.

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Just went back to look at this. Whilst I got all the names wrong, I did predict 2x WR, a LB, a CB and a safety. I even got the LB, WR combo in the second. At least I got something right.

Just went back to look at this. Whilst I got all the names wrong, I did predict 2x WR, a LB, a CB and a safety. I even got the LB, WR combo in the second. At least I got something right.

I don't place much stock in "getting the names right", given how impossible it is to predict what BB will do.

I personally place more stock in how the prospects that I liked turn out. In 2012 I had RB Doug Martin and LB Lavonte David as my top 2 picks, with LB Demario Davis, CB Alfonzo Dennard, CB/S Trumaine Johnson and DT Akiem Hicks featuring prominently. In 2011 my final mock included DE Cameron Jordan, OL James Carpenter, TE Jordan Cameron and CB Richard Sherman (yes, that Richard Sherman). Dennard is the only guy the Pats actually took, and he's turned out pretty well so far; I think many of the other guys would have turned out pretty darn well for this team, too.

Kiko Alonso alone makes your mock a darn good one, and for all we know, he could have been the pick at 52 if he had lasted.

I don't place much stock in "getting the names right", given how impossible it is to predict what BB will do.

I personally place more stock in how the prospects that I liked turn out. In 2012 I had RB Doug Martin and LB Lavonte David as my top 2 picks, with LB Demario Davis, CB Alfonzo Dennard, CB/S Trumaine Johnson and DT Akiem Hicks featuring prominently. In 2011 my final mock included DE Cameron Jordan, OL James Carpenter, TE Jordan Cameron and CB Richard Sherman (yes, that Richard Sherman). Dennard is the only guy the Pats actually took, and he's turned out pretty well so far; I think many of the other guys would have turned out pretty darn well for this team, too.

Kiko Alonso alone makes your mock a darn good one, and for all we know, he could have been the pick at 52 if he had lasted.

Hicks was one of my binkies too. He's done well for what he was coming in to the draft.

For all our successes, we should also cite our errors in judgement. For me, it's Allen Bailey (it was my first year so a bit of a mulligan for this one), Ronnell Lewis and Jamell Fleming. Those are my biggest busts so far. Marvin Jones is my biggest "sigh, what if".

I have had some Patriot success. I was high on Hightower, started a thread on Chandler Jones as a good potential fit (although I would never claim to have liked him enough to consider him a favourite) and had Solder and Vereen in my final mock in my first year. Most of my favourites have been good, if unspectacular: Marvin Jones, Mychal Kendricks, Terron Armstead, Akiem Hicks.

Hicks was one of my binkies too. He's done well for what he was coming in to the draft.

For all our successes, we should also cite our errors in judgement. For me, it's Allen Bailey (it was my first year so a bit of a mulligan for this one), Ronnell Lewis and Jamell Fleming. Those are my biggest busts so far. Marvin Jones is my biggest "sigh, what if".

I have had some Patriot success. I was high on Hightower, started a thread on Chandler Jones as a good potential fit (although I would never claim to have liked him enough to consider him a favourite) and had Solder and Vereen in my final mock in my first year. Most of my favourites have been good, if unspectacular: Marvin Jones, Mychal Kendricks, Terron Armstead, Akiem Hicks.

Oh, I've had plenty of busts, and remember them well. I too was very high on Ronnell Lewis, though he had dropped off my list by draft time. I'm still not sure why he hasn't done better. Jamell Fleming was another miss, and a huge binky of Grid's.

One of BB's great strengths is that he recognizes and rectifies mistakes quickly.

I personally place more stock in how the prospects that I liked turn out.

I always wanted Russell Wilson. Thing is, without the opportunity to play he wouldn't be the guy he is now.

4c. Russell Wilson [186]
This guy is ++ across the board, everywhere except for his height. It’s just height. He doesn’t have the same problems that come with other short quarterbacks. Vision and arm strength are plus for him. He has 10 inch hands and 31.25 inch arms! That’s bigger and longer than Weeden’s, who is 4 inches taller! Plus intangibles, plus decision making, plus release, plus arm strength, plus athleticism, and plus accuracy. If he were an inch and a half taller, he’d be a top 10 pick.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...012-mock-draft-thread-page63.html#post2928980

After a few Years of this, it finally occurred to me that, 99% of the time, it's unfortunately ineffective to grade Mocks this way.

I believe that the only truly effective way to put a Mock out there ~ but only if it's your own Master Plan, mind you, because there's no sense in bothering, if you're trying to predict the moves of Coach Bill II The Mad (Genius) ~ is to put out a BackDraft within a few days after the Draft.

1 ~ I acknowledge that of course one then reaps the wonderfully advantageous benefit of knowing what the other 31 Team's Cards are, an advantage that Coach Bill II The Mad (Genius) does not enjoy.

2 ~ On the other hand, I find that Advantage more or less perfectly balanced out by the vast wealth of Knowledge and Expertise available to Coach Bill II The Mad (Genius) that is not available to us.

3 ~ And it's the only way to do it right. In my last 2010 Mock, for instance, I mocked Tyson Alualu to us at #47. When he went #10, that pretty much blew up my entire Mock. Should he go on to an Hall of Fame Career, it'd be kind of silly of me to claim that I "called that one" when he would've been gone light Years before #47.

I forged my first BackDraft last Year, a few days after the Draft, and plan on continuing that practice for the foreseeable future. Nobody joined me, last Year, but I hope y'all'll reconsider, this Year. I'll start a Thread. :)

#91 Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama

This is the Nick Saban endorsement pick. Two years ago it was Ridley, last year it was probably Hightower and this year it's the Captain that is talked of like a favourite son would be by Saban. There are other linemen I like more in terms of athleticism and playing ability but Jones wins through on intelligence and intangibles. He'll only ever be a starter at Center but that's exactly where you want him with his abilities to recognize defensive schemes and organise assignments. The Brady/Mayo of our OL.

I was watching Tenn vs Bama 2012 and Daniel McCullers who lists at 6'7" 350 did a really good job against Jones. He got really low and had good leverage. He's definitely a run stopper but was able to get some push in the passing game but with that wing span if they can teach him to read the QB and get his hands up he could be a factor. Proably a 5th round value.

After a few Years of this, it finally occurred to me that, 99% of the time, it's unfortunately ineffective to grade Mocks this way.

I believe that the only truly effective way to put a Mock out there ~ but only if it's your own Master Plan, mind you, because there's no sense in bothering, if you're trying to predict the moves of Coach Bill II The Mad (Genius) ~ is to put out a BackDraft within a few days after the Draft.

1 ~ I acknowledge that of course one then reaps the wonderfully advantageous benefit of knowing what the other 31 Team's Cards are, an advantage that Coach Bill II The Mad (Genius) does not enjoy.

2 ~ On the other hand, I find that Advantage more or less perfectly balanced out by the vast wealth of Knowledge and Expertise available to Coach Bill II The Mad (Genius) that is not available to us.

3 ~ And it's the only way to do it right. In my last 2010 Mock, for instance, I mocked Tyson Alualu to us at #47. When he went #10, that pretty much blew up my entire Mock. Should he go on to an Hall of Fame Career, it'd be kind of silly of me to claim that I "called that one" when he would've been gone light Years before #47.

I forged my first BackDraft last Year, a few days after the Draft, and plan on continuing that practice for the foreseeable future. Nobody joined me, last Year, but I hope y'all'll reconsider, this Year. I'll start a Thread. :)

Grid's 2013 backdraft:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/13/1025479-backdraft-2013-a.html

A few comments:

1. 25 draft picks. Very Gridean.

2. Getting something in trade value for Jermaine Cunningham, Brandon Deaderick, Kyle Love, Nick McDonald and Brandon Lloyd - all cut by the team - would have been impressive. But I'm not sure the total sum (along with Jeff Demps as a throw in) would have been more productive than LeGarrette Blount.

3. Trading Steve Gregory and drafting SS Jonathan Cyprien, SS DJ Swearinger, and SS Duke Williams ... I guess Grid wasn't a Gregory fan. :p

4. Drafting TEs Travis Kelce and Jordan Reed (plus trading for Evan Rodriguez) - prescient.

5. Drafting DT Brandon Williams and signing Glenn Dorsey would have been nice, in retrospect.

Not sure it's very realistic, but I love some of the picks, and an A+ for creativity.

It's hard to imagine a "backdraft" after the fact, but as far as I can tell, my thoughts at the time were something like this:

FA:

- Happy with the Kelly signing at DT. Didn't really want Dorsey based on his play for KC, and didn't anticipate him playing the way he did for SF.
- Not thrilled about the WR signings, but happy with the decision to let Welker walk. I thought the Pats needed to tear up the WR position and start from scratch.
- Thrilled that we didn't sign Ed Reed (a lot of people wanted it at the time).
- Not happy about Danny Woodhead leaving, but not sure we could have prevented it.

The Draft:

52. Jamie Collins, LB, Southern Mississippi. Loved the Collins pick. Wouldn't have changed anything.
- Trade: 59 + 102 to Baltimore for 55 + 129
55. DJ Swearinger, S, South Carolina. My favorite safety prospect in the draft. With the other top safeties all off the board, I would have moved up to get him.
- Trade: 83 and 93 to St. Louis for 71 and 113
71. Keenan Allen, WR, Cal. I had a 1st round grade on Allen, and would have traded up for him when he slipped.
113. Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech. I had a 2nd round grade on Patton.
129. Tharold Simon, CB, LSU. I wanted bigger CBs to provide depth outside. Simon was one of my day 3 binkies. I and a 3rd round grade on him.
226. Michael Buchanan, DE, Illinois. Love this pick. Wouldn't have changed anything. I had a 3rd round grade on him.
229. Reid Fragel, OT, Ohio St. I had a 4th round grade on him as a developmental swing tackle. Though in retrospect, it's hard to do better than the Blount trade.
235. Lawrence Okoye, DT. My top day 3 binky in the draft. Wouldn't have let him get to FA, where it was obvious he was going to the 49ers.

Every player in that draft was on my short list. I would have cried over having to miss out on DT Brandon Williams (I would have taken him at 113, and then tried to get Da'Rick Rogers later on), but you can't have everything.

Would that have been better than what the Pats did? IDK. Simon and Okoye went on IR, and Patton missed much of the season. But going into the season I would have been very happy with:

WR: Amendola, Allen, Edelman, Patton, Thompkins.
S: McCourty, Swearinger, Gregory, TWilson, Ebner.
DT: Wilfork, Kelly, Armstead, Okoye + UDFA depth.
CB: Talib, Dennard, Arrington, Simon, Coles.

4. Drafting TEs Travis Kelce and Jordan Reed (plus trading for Evan Rodriguez) - prescient.

I really wanted the Pats to take Kelce but he went higher than I expected. Since he landed on IR it's tough to judge him vs Ryan and Harmon but even if he was healthy it's hard to imagine he would have had more impact than Ryan.

I really wanted the Pats to take Kelce but he went higher than I expected. Since he landed on IR it's tough to judge him vs Ryan and Harmon but even if he was healthy it's hard to imagine he would have had more impact than Ryan.

That's true within the context of 2013, but only 2013.

I'm sure you'd agree that it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to tally things up for a 2013 Draft.

My 2010 Mock, for instance, which in many ways is quite hilariously ludicrous, also looked utterly horrible going into its 4th Season, which of course was 2013. But with Jason Worilds and Jerry Hughes finally hitting PayDirt this past Campaign, it now looks pretty damned respectable...lunacy aside. ;)

That's true within the context of 2013, but only 2013.

I'm sure you'd agree that it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to tally things up for a 2013 Draft.

My 2010 Mock, for instance, which in many ways is quite hilariously ludicrous, also looked utterly horrible going into its 4th Season, which of course was 2013. But with Jason Worilds and Jerry Hughes finally hitting PayDirt this past Campaign, it now looks pretty damned respectable...lunacy aside. ;)

I agree that you can't judge a draft - or a "backdraft" - too soon.

Grid's 2013 backdraft:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/13/1025479-backdraft-2013-a.html

A few comments:

1. 25 draft picks. Very Gridean.

2. Getting something in trade value for Jermaine Cunningham, Brandon Deaderick, Kyle Love, Nick McDonald and Brandon Lloyd - all cut by the team - would have been impressive. But I'm not sure the total sum (along with Jeff Demps as a throw in) would have been more productive than LeGarrette Blount.

3. Trading Steve Gregory and drafting SS Jonathan Cyprien, SS DJ Swearinger, and SS Duke Williams ... I guess Grid wasn't a Gregory fan. :p

5. Drafting DT Brandon Williams and signing Glenn Dorsey would have been nice, in retrospect.

Not sure it's very realistic, but I love some of the picks, and an A+ for creativity.

1 ~ I suspect that you're confusing "normal" with "realistic". ;)

Whether or not it's realistic depends of course entirely on the likelihood of my having been able to find Trade Partners for all those Trades. There are a couple that in retrospect I may've been viewing with rose-colored glasses ~ before the Patriots poisoned the well on Brandon Lloyd, we should've been able to snag a 4th Rounder from the Jets, but not a 3rd Rounder, I suppose, and Mallett for a 2nd Rounder is highly speculative though of course regularly postulated around here ~ but both of those Trades are defensible and therefore "realistic".

And 100% of all the other Trades are entirely, demonstrably, and indisputably 100% realistic.

And the Lloyd bit is merely a bump in Value: The Jets were desperate for Receivers and Salary Cap strapped, and as far as they knew Lloyd was perfectly sane and incredibly cheap: Remember that this was the same OffSeason where the Miners traded a 6th Rounder, I think it was, for an equally old and decrepit Anquan Boldin and took on his full $6 Million Salary: Cheap, productive Veteran WideOuts were very scarce one Year ago.

Remember: "unusual" and even "bizarre" does not equal "unrealistic." ;)

Following your numbers, above:

2 ~ I only got 5th, 6th, and 7th Rounders for those other guys, all'f whom had started, some extensively, and were still young. Nobody was talking about cutting Love or Deaderick or Cunningham in April. A lot happens between then and September, and Teams commonly trade Later Round Picks in April for such Players.

Not sure what any of that has to do with Blount. Nobody saw his Production coming, and nobody mocked that trade for'm. Blount, who was buried about a month before things took off for'm, plays the easiest Position to learn quickly and to therefore rack up "Production" at. I prefer to invest Late Round Picks in High Ceiling Prospects.

Blount wouldn't've even made my Team: Danny WoodHead would've, because he would've been extended the Year previously. And WoodHead was productive all Year long. :cool:

3 ~ You guessed right!!
jester.gif

4 ~ Thanks!! :D

5 ~ Double Thanks!! :D

Thanks for you kind words and for your critiques, Brother Mayo. :cool:

There were plenty of Moves I proposed there that make me cringe, even in my 4th Year at this. :eek:

I've still got a lot to learn.

1 ~ I suspect that you're confusing "normal" with "realistic". ;)

Whether or not it's realistic depends of course entirely on the likelihood of my having been able to find Trade Partners for all those Trades. There are a couple that in retrospect I may've been viewing with rose-colored glasses ~ before the Patriots poisoned the well on Brandon Lloyd, we should've been able to snag a 4th Rounder from the Jets, but not a 3rd Rounder, I suppose, and Mallett for a 2nd Rounder is highly speculative though of course regularly postulated around here ~ but both of those Trades are defensible and therefore "realistic".

And 100% of all the other Trades are entirely, demonstrably, and indisputably 100% realistic.

And the Lloyd bit is merely a bump in Value: The Jets were desperate for Receivers and Salary Cap strapped, and as far as they knew Lloyd was perfectly sane and incredibly cheap: Remember that this was the same OffSeason where the Miners traded a 6th Rounder, I think it was, for an equally old and decrepit Anquan Boldin and took on his full $6 Million Salary: Cheap, productive Veteran WideOuts were very scarce one Year ago.

Remember: "unusual" and even "bizarre" does not equal "unrealistic." ;)

Following your numbers, above:

2 ~ I only got 5th, 6th, and 7th Rounders for those other guys, all'f whom had started, some extensively, and were still young. Nobody was talking about cutting Love or Deaderick or Cunningham in April. A lot happens between then and September, and Teams commonly trade Later Round Picks in April for such Players.

Not sure what any of that has to do with Blount. Nobody saw his Production coming, and nobody mocked that trade for'm. Blount, who was buried about a month before things took off for'm, plays the easiest Position to learn quickly and to therefore rack up "Production" at. I prefer to invest Late Round Picks in High Ceiling Prospects.

Blount wouldn't've even made my Team: Danny WoodHead would've, because he would've been extended the Year previously. And WoodHead was productive all Year long. :cool:

3 ~ You guessed right!!
jester.gif

4 ~ Thanks!! :D

5 ~ Double Thanks!! :D

Thanks for you kind words and for your critiques, Brother Mayo. :cool:

There were plenty of Moves I proposed there that make me cringe, even in my 4th Year at this. :eek:

I've still got a lot to learn.

I used the term "realistic" for 2 basic reasons:

1. I don't believe any team in the NFL has drafted 25 players or anything close to it since the NFL went to a 7-round format.

2. I don't think that re-signing Talib and signing 3 additional FA CBs seems like a stretch.

With the understanding that it's purely what you would do if you could, it's not "unrealistic", assuming you could find the trade partners. From the point of view of what any NFL GM would do, I think my term is appropriate.

But I applaud your creativity, imagination, and draft acumen, which are all of the highest order.

I used the term "realistic" for 2 basic reasons:

1. I don't believe any team in the NFL has drafted 25 players or anything close to it since the NFL went to a 7-round format.

2. I don't think that re-signing Talib and signing 3 additional FA CBs seems like a stretch.

With the understanding that it's purely what you would do if you could, it's not "unrealistic", assuming you could find the trade partners.

From the point of view of what any NFL GM would do, I think my term is appropriate.

But I applaud your creativity, imagination, and draft acumen, which are all of the highest order.

Ah, but what they would do has absolutely no bearing ~ nor does Historical Precedent ~ on my Mock Draft.

Or on yours.

Or on Brother Manx's...or on anyone's. :cool:

These are my Moves, not theirs, so any determination of "realistic" rests entirely on whether or not I could make these Moves, for it stands to reason that, given the Opportunity, I would.

Forgive me if I'm being persnickety, Brother Mayo, but it's a distinction I'm very fond of. :D

And thank you for your gracious words, Bro. And right back at you: every word!!
beer.gif

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back