PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Dan Orlovsky Top 5 QB's Of All Time

At least my kids and I are enjoying Puppy Bowl XIX
800 channels on my TV and not one of them still covers the Lingerie League. In fact I think they're out of business. I am a fossil.

800 channels on my TV and not one of them still covers the Lingerie League. In fact I think they're out of business. I am a fossil.
lingerie GIF

Hope that helps salve the wounds of times passing

do you discount Joe Flacco because he played with one of the best defenses ever?

Dilfer played with one of the best defenses ever. The defense Flacco won with was average but played good enough in the playoffs. Flacco although an average QB at best was lights out that post season.

Dilfer played with one of the best defenses ever. The defense Flacco won with was average but played good enough in the playoffs. Flacco although an average QB at best was lights out that post season.
Thanks for the correction. Didn't care enough to look it up.

Congrats to Patrick Mahomes, the 22nd QB to win at least two championships in the NFL or AFL. What he’s done is unprecedented since 2015. Top 3 all-time without question.

Ed Danowski
Arnie Herber
Sammy Baugh
Sid Luckman
Bob Waterfield
Otto Graham
Bobby Lane
Norm Van Brocklin
Jack Kemp
Tobin Rote
Bart Starr
Len Dawson
Terry Bradshaw
Roger Staubach
Jim Plunkett
Joe Montana
Troy Aikman
John Elway
Tom Brady
Eli Manning
Peyton Manning
Patrick Mahomes (unprecedented)

Top 3 all-time without question.
Top 3?

Brady
Montana
Mahomes?

Isn't 3rd a bit premature. More like top 10 without question. People clearly are ranking Mahomes off expectations at this point. Brady couldn't get a sniff at the very top until he had his 4th ring. Then really it's wasn't until he had 6 before the remaining holdouts caved in.

Now Mahomes has 2 and he's already on Brady's heels? ****ing joke.

Top 3?

Brady
Montana
Mahomes?

Isn't 3rd a bit premature. More like top 10 without question. People clearly are ranking Mahomes off expectations at this point. Brady couldn't get a sniff at the very top until he had his 4th ring. Then really it's wasn't until he had 6 before the remaining holdouts caved in.

He's being sarcastic

He's being sarcastic
Oh, my bad. TY.

Hard to tell with half the national media crowning Mahomes the inevitable GOAT. If not there already. It's ridiculous.

Oh, my bad. TY.

Hard to tell with half the national media crowning Mahomes the inevitable GOAT. If not there already. It's ridiculous.
Haha I feel you, but he definitely propped into the top 10-15 range with that win.

Mahomes is now #5 on my leaderboard. Seriously. And #3 is in striking distance. But above that are two increasingly giant mountains.

Top 3?

Brady
Montana
Mahomes?

Three weeks ago the consensus was Joe Burrow is actually the chosen one and Mahomes can't win big games.

To spare others from having to watch the video, his rankings are:

1. Brady
2. Mahomes
3. Elway
4. Manning
5. Marino

It’s too early in his career to put Mahomes so high.
I dunno, I think I'd put Rogers at 5, Marino at 4 and boot Elway out of that list. Montana belongs on that list too. Might be too soon to put Kermit in the Top 5.

By leaving Joe, Dan completely destroyed his credibility.

Mahomes is now #5 on my leaderboard. Seriously. And #3 is in striking distance. But above that are two increasingly giant mountains.

Mahomes is only one of four QBs in NFL history with at least two league MVPs and two Super Bowl rings. The other three are Brady, Manning, and Montana. That alone would at least push him into the discussion of the top 5 QBs.

He is definitely a first ballot HOFer if he retired tomorrow.

I dunno, I think I'd put Rogers at 5, Marino at 4 and boot Elway out of that list. Montana belongs on that list too. Might be too soon to put Kermit in the Top 5.
Marino killed his ranking with subpar postseason play. You can't be 8-10 in the postseason with no rings and be an all time top 5 QB.

Congrats to Patrick Mahomes, the 22nd QB to win at least two championships in the NFL or AFL. What he’s done is unprecedented since 2015. Top 3 all-time without question.

Ed Danowski
Arnie Herber
Sammy Baugh
Sid Luckman
Bob Waterfield
Otto Graham
Bobby Lane
Norm Van Brocklin
Jack Kemp
Tobin Rote
Bart Starr
Len Dawson