Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT:Congratulations to the colts

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, Jan 13, 2007.

1. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +190 / 1 / -0

i know we all dislike them...i know i do -polian/manning and all but they went into balt with a week's rest and all the yapping and won the game by whatever way possible...sure ravens off was inept but their D couldnt get off the field at crucial times too
    Billick got exposed for his overhyped off play calling today because his defense didnt create short fields
    well played colts ...at least in my book ...at least we dont have to hear ray lewis chat now...but i guess we have to live the talk of the indy D
  2. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

the ravens D shouldnt be dissapointed. on the last drive yes but the blame is McNair really.

i dont think u can do much better against Colts than Ravens have..2 INTs..stop the run? low completion percentage? Ray Lewis is a great player..hes been part of a great D for quiet a while.

Ravens D did what they could..McNair turned it over too much to gain a win.
  3. AirForcePatFan

AirForcePatFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Don't worry, you aren't alone, I can't stand the Colts either... and I'm having a hard time swallowing it to say, "Congrats", so I'll just say "Well done" instead...
  4. unoriginal

unoriginal Rookie

Ratings:
    +229 / 3 / -1

That D should talk. They just held two playoff teams to 14 points. We're already at 16, and the Jets aren't any better than what Indy's D has stopped.
  5. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +190 / 1 / -0

sure but the colts had the ball for last 7 mins converting on critical 3rd downs..
    and rhodes and addai really played phsyical against a supposed physical D
  6. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +190 / 1 / -0

yes but lets not compare the jets and balt and chiefs..jets are supremely coached...
  7. unoriginal

unoriginal Rookie

Ratings:
    +229 / 3 / -1

And unlike the Chiefs and Ravens, the Jets' QB has a fully functioning brain. Still, all those offenses came in middle of the pack this year, and the Colts D absolutely shut them down. And Brian Billick has won with a total stiff for a QB before (Trent Dilfer).
  8. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

WTG ExPatriot. See you next week. More fun than sending 3 pick Manning packing is sending AV with him. :D
  9. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +84 / 2 / -2

I'm just glad the prospect of facing that Ravens D is off the table.

The Baltimore offense never needs to be good - they just need to avoid mistakes. Today they didn't do that.

I found it very odd rooting for the Colts - but as they say, it is what it is.

It's worthwhile to note that a great Defense can hold a great Offense to just FGs - that's what we need to do tomorrow - and hopefully against the Colts as well.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  10. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Baltimore would have been easy to beat. In fact, after watching this game, we would have shut their pop gun offense out with relative ease. I'm having trouble being impressed by this "landmark" Colts W.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  11. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +190 / 1 / -0

yes .add to that the fact the balt team isnt very familiar with us. if we win tommorow and play the colts it will be difficult for us because of the familiarity
  12. Pats Fanatic

Pats Fanatic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -3

#54 Jersey

And for the Colts it's a two way street, also revenge factor for Pats will play into it also if they get passed Chargers.
  13. DougGabriel2007

DougGabriel2007 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think a lot of the Colts killing clock on that last drive was that the Ravens D was simply gassed beyond belief because they were on the field the whole day making plays...
  14. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This is true. The achiles heel of the Ravens D is right up the gut. Kelly Gregg is a nice player if he doesn't have to be on the field all day. But when he is, he wears down. The strength of Baltimore's D is their ends, LBs and DBs.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  15. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I fixed it for you.
  16. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +53 / 1 / -4

Well if there's anyone I want to face in the AFCC it's the Colts. Let's see if we can "expose" the Peyton myth yet again. Well right after we "expose" the Rivers myth. :D
  17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I can't wait til 4:00! Why's it TAKING SO LONG?!
  18. TomBrady'sGoat

TomBrady'sGoat Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

even if the other teams play incompetant offense you still need to beat them, and that's what the Colts have done so far. I've been saying for awhile now that I fear Indy more than balt and I think yesterday was perfect proof.

the Colts have one game between them and a championship. lets hope its us they have to face
  19. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +190 / 1 / -0

yeah i wouldve rather face Balt and billick than indy and well..lets ignore dungy;)
    but yes indy at home is unbeaten and one game away from the SB, they may be very tough to beat with kind of confidence they are playing with. Baltimore is all talk starting from the coach and i always felt we would outsmart them if we played them