PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Colts injuries (Sanders, Hayden, Jackson, Gonzalez, Hagler) - merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Colts Marlin Jackson out for season with ACL injury

Evidently you have blocked out how our 2006 season ended.

w/ the Ellis Hobbs Phantom PI? I will never forget that gutless call.

THAT WAS THE GAME. Oh well 3 SB's is still better than 1 :)

Last edited:
Re: OT: Colts CB Marlin Jackson out for season with ACL torn in practice Wednesday

I could whine like a COLT fan, but I will not degrade myself and make excuses.

I want to believe that myself but I don't think a team that is as soft and bad on defense as Houston can beat the Colts. You need a tough, smashmouth physical team that can find a way to keep Manning in check. The Niners did it and almost won. The Dolphins kept him off the field and almost won. No one else has really done either of those this year and, consequently, no one has come close.

The best way to take out Manning is to get a rush up the middle and physically abuse his receivers. That's always been the blue print for beating Peyton. However, his interior linemen are very good. When we play them, we're going to need Vince to be very physical. Maybe promise him a mack truck full of steaks after the game.

As for our secondary, it has been very physical all season long. If you go back and watch the Ravens game, their receivers were being hit (and hit hard) all game long. Our corners and safeties are very capable of effectively taking the Colts' receivers out of the game by way of punishment. On top of that, I think Manning is going to have a lot of trouble threading the needle on Brandon Meriweather's side of the field. BM has more closing speed than the guy that Peyton traditionally has trouble with... Polamalu.

Alas, though, they have to actually play the game. And, in order to play the game, the Pats have to get past the Dolphins first.

Re: OT: Colts CB Marlin Jackson out for season with ACL torn in practice Wednesday

I could whine like a COLT fan, but I will not degrade myself and make excuses.

Dude, you just whined in your last post. All fans whine. Get over it.

Dude, you just whined in your last post. All fans whine. Get over it.

which 1?

Phantom PI? That isn't a whine.

People don't know who Marlin Jackson is? You know there are other game
s besides Patriot games right?

Obligatory (and mostly sincere :)) comments about hating to see any player have their season ended, blah, blah, blah.

Oh yeah, same here.

:cool:

Don't get Colts games here.

Jackson has been an excellent corner for the Colts, I liked him quite a bit. That so many people have no idea who he is...well, you guys need to learn about the players in the nfl..obviously

Well said. How can you be a serious Pats fan and not know who Jackson is?

I don't mean to be an obnoxious prick but he's a pretty big time player for the Pats number one rival the past few years.

Last edited:

Peter King says this:

Peter King (SI_PeterKing) on Twitter
Mark my words: Indy's loss of Marlin Jackson is not big. It's huge.

Not that Peter King's words are usually worth marking, but that's what he said.

Last edited:

He was a hell of a player at Michigan, and one I thought was vastly underrated as a corner. Of course, he is kind of the archeotype cover 2 corner, but I thought that he would be an exceptional fit at FS as well as a man corner for this team. Hopes for a fast, fluid recovery, as he is one hell of a ballplayer.

Last edited:

Peter King says this:

Peter King (SI_PeterKing) on Twitter

Not that Peter King's words are usually worth marking, but that's what he said.

And as usual I disagree with Peter King...No doubt its a big loss, but "huge"?? I disagree - the Colts have the depth to survive, and like the Patriots, are generally really good at filling injuries. Same with losing Gonzalez. As long as Peyton is upright, the Colts will be an SB contender, just as with the Pats, as long as Brady is healthy, they will contend.

Last edited:

they really don't matter to me. I want whatever scenario that makes the Patriots a BETTER team. I do not have to watch Indy or whoever play team "Doosh" b/c I do not care about INDY or team "Doosh". I just want whatever team to lose "whatever" that benefits the Pats more. Other teams Injuries, loses..... whatever helps the PATS I care about. Everybody else is irrelevant.

100% loyalty to 1 NFL Team and do not care about any other outcome.

I love you AL DAVIS.:D you gave us what?:cool:

Don't get Colts games here.

But you do get Patriot games there right?

Here is the story on Marlin. He tore up his knee last year and had to have two surgeries to fix it, the second one was around min-camp if I remember correctly. He was fighting to get his starters job back, but wasn't really slated to be a starter because of the surgeries. He was brought along slowly and figured to be more of a nickle guy. He got hurt a few weeks ago, straining his knee and has missed the last three. He has been a good physical corner and will be missed, but more for depth season. Hayen and the rookies have been the starters at corner and have been doing a pretty good job. This week will really be a test facing Johson. Hayden hasn't practiced after hurting his knee and getting a concusion last weekend. So we could be starting two rookies again.

But you do get Patriot games there right?

Yeah, all of them, thanks to a local Boston feed via satellite.

Thanks for the rundown. Interesting stuff.

Thanks for the shout out, Workhorse....and good to see ya'.

He was a hell of a player at Michigan, and one I thought was vastly underrated as a corner. Of course, he is kind of the archeotype cover 2 corner, but I thought that he would be an exceptional fit at FS as well as a man corner for this team. Hopes for a fast, fluid recovery, as he is one hell of a ballplayer.

I would put Marlin Jackson as one of 4 really good corners coming out of Michigan in recent memory; the other three are Ty Law, Charles Woodson, and Leon Hall.

they really don't matter to me. I want whatever scenario that makes the Patriots a BETTER team. I do not have to watch Indy or whoever play team "Doosh" b/c I do not care about INDY or team "Doosh". I just want whatever team to lose "whatever" that benefits the Pats more. Other teams Injuries, loses..... whatever helps the PATS I care about. Everybody else is irrelevant.

100% loyalty to 1 NFL Team and do not care about any other outcome.

I love you AL DAVIS.:D you gave us what?:cool:

Jackson's a good player. He was good at Michigan and has been one of the best defenders for the Colts the past couple of years. He picked off Brady's last pass in the 2006 AFCCG. He is a good player and the Colts will miss him.

Jackson's a good player. He was good at Michigan and has been one of the best defenders for the Colts the past couple of years. He picked off Brady's last pass in the 2006 AFCCG. He is a good player and the Colts will miss him.

This I know

More reason why Andre Johnson could torch that secondary and upset the Colts this weekend .....I have a hunch they will

Houston has always played the Colts tough for some reason. So it wouldn't be that huge an upset. Schaub and Johnson are a good combo. And the Texans have been playing well this year. Can they beat the Colts? They've got a shot. Particularly if their D can get to Peyton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes