PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Carucci on the Colts' woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Carucci on the Colts' woes

I have no idea how you can "build" a team for ONLY regular season success. And let's not overstate it, the Colts were the best team in the AFC and got to the LAST game of the season. How were the other 30 teams built?

And the kneejerks continue...

The way to build a team for postseason success is to draft a QB who doesn't choke in the big games.

See what happens to Colts when the refs call the game fair and square and don't call PI every time a DB is 10 yards near the WR of Colts.

So Mr. Polian? what happened? You couldn't scare the refs with your disciplinary committee?

I feel Peyton played fine and he had the best season with so many comeback wins.

The people who I think deserved this are losers like Mr. Polian who started taking potshots at PATS when every one criticized him for loss against JETS.

Winning SB is no easy for Colts when refs play fair ...

The other person who ended up with egg on his face is Tony F*cking Dungy who was taking pot shots against BB and Brady for nothing other than the fact that they beat **** out of him and his team for so long until Polian went crying to NFL and manipulated the games with competition committee threats against refs. It is not just against PATS, the refs tried to alter Colts losses against STEELERS so blatantly.

I am glad to see the scums Dungy and Polian get the crap on their faces.

In some sort of way, I feel Peyton is a class act when it comes to PATS unlike these 2 scums.

Mediots.

That knife in the back is dull Vic, try not to use a butter knife next time you want to stab a friend to death.

whoa!...Box of Meat Cleavers comes out swinging...

whoa!...Box of Meat Cleavers comes out swinging...
**bows gracefully and graciously in Joker's direction** You are kind sir.

I mean wow, knee jerk reactions be damned. But this is exactly what happened to the Pats after that loss. I really think going into this game was the stroke of gold for the Colts, this was their mark as easily the second best team of the decade, and it would've made Manning considered the best QB to have played. Now this

It's one thing to look at Manning's record at 9-9 and criticize that when it's a team game. But it's game like in 05 against the Steelers, both title games against the Pats, in the super bowl yesterday when Manning straight up BLEW it that really hurts his legacy. It's just funny how the media was trying to say before the game this could make them a case for team of the decade. Now it's not even close, it's funny because I know the misery those fans feel today.

I said it before the game though over on KFFL to a huge Colts homer. If the Colts win, they're a very solid runner up to the Pats this decade. For them to lose, they're to the NFL in the 2000's what the Atlanta Braves were to MLB in the 90's. :D

The way to build a team for postseason success is to draft a QB who doesn't choke in the big games.

They don't have a test for that in the combine

Oh yes they do. There's a secret nut grabber device that they attach to QBs during the throwing skills. They don't tell the QB when they are going to use it and for how long, but they assure him that one of his twenty throws during the drill, the device will clamp and clamp down hard.

By the way, you might dispense with the nut-grabber device and just watch what the QB does in his biggest games.

"You also knew this wasn't going to be their night when the best of what Manning did during his limited time on the field ("precious" was the word he used to describe the Colts' possessions)..."

I've been seeing this all over the place. Where does it come from? TOP was right down the middle and they had the same number of possessions.

The Saints were the best team this year, period. They had the best offense and played the toughest schedule and mowed down quality teams.

Why "experts" like Carrucci think beating two horrendous 9-7 teams with rookie/sophmore Qb's is a monumental accomplishment is beyond comprehension.

The Colts were the second best team that needed a superior QB effort to win. It didn't happen.

I don't buy the 'regular season' thing either. It's not like this is a team without a defense, they averaged under 15 PPG in the playoffs this year, thats better than our SB defenses. Just top to bottom they were never the best team in the league except for maybe in '05. And their QB isn't clutch like ours :cool:

In 03,04 we plain had superior teams.
In 05, they choked.
In 07, SD and our team were superior.
The last 2 seasons, they were a flawed team and managed to squeak out wins during the regular season that they shouldn't have. Eventually they were exposed by the better team.

I don't buy the 'regular season' thing either. It's not like this is a team without a defense, they averaged under 15 PPG in the playoffs this year, thats better than our SB defenses. Just top to bottom they were never the best team in the league except for maybe in '05. And their QB isn't clutch like ours :cool:

In 05, they choked.
The last 2 seasons, they were a flawed team and managed to squeak out wins during the regular season that they shouldn't have. Eventually they were exposed by the better team.

SB XLIV is more an indictment of the mediots. We dominated Indy and were blown away in NO. That should have been a clue the Saints were not a cupcake. Also, beating Minnesota vs the Jets should have been seriously examined.

The Saints had the #1 offense. I guess that was overlooked as well.

Maybe the Manning buildup is designed to have material for the build up and tear down.

I take what Carucci says with more than a grain of salt. I hear him on WEEI occasionally, and am not impressed with his opinion.

Case in point, last week he came on and was trying to attribute the Patriots' decision to not name coordinators to finances. I see no basis for that opinion, and when he was pressed on it, he bailed. He then was asked his opinion about the labor negotiations and he admitted that he could not be specific about the issues - Ordway seemed to have a firmer grasp on it than Carucci. Pretty pathetic for a football beat writer.

As a Pats fan, I am enjoying watching the mob turn their attention towards their beloved Colts for once, but rest assured that the pitchforks will be pointing back at Belichick soon enough.

See what happens to Colts when the refs call the game fair and square and don't call PI every time a DB is 10 yards near the WR of Colts.

So Mr. Polian? what happened? You couldn't scare the refs with your disciplinary committee?

Ironically, this is the same crew that called the Pats/Colts game from this season.

In 05, they choked.

I think this is his exact point. The one thing everyone here is missing is that Polian's teams are 1-6 in the SB! And the 1 SB win is over the worst opponent in a SB (probably) ever! The Rex Grossman Bears!

In 05, they choked.

I think all those wins might have to do with the fact that they play in a bad division. I mean how many playoff appearance between the Jags, Titans, and Texans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes