PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bill Polian is insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he might be insane yet functional. I've come across several people in my life who I would say weren't sane but could function in society. Polian might have Borderline Personality Disorder or Narcissistic Personality Disorder. These people can be brilliant at the jobs but otherwise delusional, obsessive, vindictive and nutty as a fruitcake.

I think this might support your analysis: Bill P at his finest:

http://thebestsportsblog.com/?p=24

Word to Bill Polian, no one thought Addai made that first down, no one did. It was unbelievably clear on the replay that the ball was clearly short of the 6 yard line. Your corrupt official gave you a generous spot, as they usually do. Problem is that because it's within the last 2 minutes of the game, the play by rule HAD TO BE REVIEWED, THANKFULLY the corrupted official was smacked for his bogus spot and the correct spot was made.

Bill you have absolutely NOTHING to complain about, the calls you got in that Patriot game were so one-sided it should cover you for the next 5 seasons.

My first reaction when I saw where the official placed the ball was: " You've got to be frigging kidding me.. Addai's HELMET didn't make it to that point, never mind the ball."

Polian IS a whiner and needs to be smacked down something fierce. Did Pereria have the balls to smack down Polian on the NFLN when doing the play reviews? Or was he too much of a chickensh!t and stayed away from the game?

I guess Polian thinks that the refs, and the rest of the country is off it's rocker and i guess we all need to go make an appointment at lenscrafters and get our eyes checked. Obviously we are all wrong and what we saw is not what we thought we saw. Sorry Mr. Polian our bad! :rolleyes:

I think that it also shows that he is a fan. Which, is cool on some level for them. But, I would really not like it if I heard that Scott Pioli was so animated about something that happened on the field.

We are so lucky to have Generals who know their jobs.

Pact With The Devil ?

The problem is that while I agree he is an insufferable whiner, he most certainly is not insane. He knows that the more he whines, the more future calls he will get for his team. It is a strategy that has proven to be a very successful one.

Although gratifying that so many see this guy's true motive ...
it stands as a conspicuous example of someone
allowing himself to become a POS as a human being
in order to excel at the job.

so do we think goodell meeting with officials after the pats/colts game is a sign that goodell is not under polian's thumb, and heard kraft's complaints and is seeing to it that this persistant colts favortism by refs stops?

or do we think the penalty levied on the pats over the minor video crap, while polian was suspiciously unheard from, is a sign goodell is cowtailing to polian. the horrible refereeing for the pats/colts game followed. the whole way goodell continues to allow the national media to defame the pats without putting things in their proper perspective? the continued mindset of polian/dungy/manning that they should feel free to complain constantly, and loudly to the media and the league everytime they don't like something, including numerous colt-helping rule changes? how much more of this needs to happen before an obvious collusion and special favoritism case begins to become unveiled? all the people that don't want to believe this will cry - conspiricy theory - so what happens when there's actually a conspiricy? your not allowed to bring it up? why does polian continue to be allowed to be so out of line? why is he allowed to continue to use competition committee as an intimidating weapon against his opponents on the field? why isn't he fined? why isn't he removed from the committee at some point? why isn't he told to shut up and stop complaining? why weren't 2 of the 3 bad calls against the pats reviewed in nfl network? why in the world would the refs make the calls they were making in that pats/colts game? we all could see it was not an accident. why did the refs clearly want the colts to beat pittsburgh in that playoff game a couple years back when their calls were so blatanly cheating the whole nation was agasp? why is all this happening? it's not enough to say - oh the league wants manning to win one - the question remains - does the league actually use referees to cheat and further personal goals and agendas? I mean, are we saying we really believe that is what's happening? if not, what are the refs doing? are they actually being pressured by polian and letting it effect their in game calls in his favor? are we saying that? this needs to be looked at closer. with more questions. and more persistance. something is definately not right. if I saw signs that goodell was fixing it, that would be one thing. but I'm not sure. aside from that meeting he supposedly had with officials, I see him as being very enabling of polian/dungy/refs/media throughout this entire fiasco. if this keeps up, he could really scar this sport.
I wish pete rozell werfe still alive and running things. this would not be happening.

so do we think goodell meeting with officials after the pats/colts game is a sign that goodell is not under polian's thumb, and heard kraft's complaints and is seeing to it that this persistant colts favortism by refs stops?

or do we think the penalty levied on the pats over the minor video crap, while polian was suspiciously unheard from, is a sign goodell is cowtailing to polian. the horrible refereeing for the pats/colts game followed. the whole way goodell continues to allow the national media to defame the pats without putting things in their proper perspective? the continued mindset of polian/dungy/manning that they should feel free to complain constantly, and loudly to the media and the league everytime they don't like something, including numerous colt-helping rule changes? how much more of this needs to happen before an obvious collusion and special favoritism case begins to become unveiled? all the people that don't want to believe this will cry - conspiricy theory - so what happens when there's actually a conspiricy? your not allowed to bring it up? why does polian continue to be allowed to be so out of line? why is he allowed to continue to use competition committee as an intimidating weapon against his opponents on the field? why isn't he fined? why isn't he removed from the committee at some point? why isn't he told to shut up and stop complaining? why weren't 2 of the 3 bad calls against the pats reviewed in nfl network? why in the world would the refs make the calls they were making in that pats/colts game? we all could see it was not an accident. why did the refs clearly want the colts to beat pittsburgh in that playoff game a couple years back when their calls were so blatanly cheating the whole nation was agasp? why is all this happening? it's not enough to say - oh the league wants manning to win one - the question remains - does the league actually use referees to cheat and further personal goals and agendas? I mean, are we saying we really believe that is what's happening? if not, what are the refs doing? are they actually being pressured by polian and letting it effect their in game calls in his favor? are we saying that? this needs to be looked at closer. with more questions. and more persistance. something is definately not right. if I saw signs that goodell was fixing it, that would be one thing. but I'm not sure. aside from that meeting he supposedly had with officials, I see him as being very enabling of polian/dungy/refs/media throughout this entire fiasco. if this keeps up, he could really scar this sport.
I wish pete rozell werfe still alive and running things. this would not be happening.

Except for benefiting from a little more white space,
this is a terrific post !

BelichickFan and others also have alluded to "Goodell meeting with Pereira"
as if that was some kind of mitigating factor.
In the earlier thread devoted to that "meeting" i tried to emphasize that
there is no significance whatever to that non-event.

First, that was only a phrasing of Florio's on PFT. That is, his interpretation.
Second, Godell, like all CEOs everywhere,
surely meets routinely and frequently with the management layer that reports to him.
Nothing here to see, folks. Just move on.

BelichickFan and others also have alluded to "Goodell meeting with Pereira"
as if that was some kind of mitigating factor.
In the earlier thread devoted to that "meeting" i tried to emphasize that
there is no significance whatever to that non-event.
Well I think it was significant - though I could be wrong. Love him or hate him, one thing Goodall has shown is that he's not scared - and I doubt that's different for Polian either. Two things I'm convinced of with Goodall - one is that no-one intimidates him. And the second is that he wasn't no suggestion of impropriety on the field; which he would get if he continually bends over for Polian.

What on earth can he "discuss with the league office at the appropriate time"? That they were given a bad spot and had it corrected by instant replay?

Probably a recommnedation from the competition committee which Polian essentially owns that in an effort to increase scoring, challenges on spot of the ball are restricted to plays where on the field it was not ruled a first down. If a first down is ruled on the field, challenges will not be allowed.

Bill Polian is the biggest crybaby whiner in the entire league.
He must be a real joy to be around in real life.

Here's one explanation and I have not seen this discussed before but it may well be the basis behind all that we're seeing. It's called MONEY. We all know the NFL is a multi-billion dollar business. There are 6 networks that have shelled out big bucks to just broadcast the games. The only other major source of revenue is ticket sales. The TV networks then sell advertising time to regain their expenditure and these commercials are not cheap to create and cost big bucks to broadcast. Now the interesting part. Who is the #1 spokesperson featured in these commercials? How many times have you seen Manning featured in multiple commercials in a row? I know that I almost puke when I see that. Manning is featured because he is perceived to be the All-American boy(just like Jack Armstrong) and that is what sells the product/service being advertised. But think about just how effective those commercials featuring the All-American boy will be if his team loses or if he throws 6 picks in one game. There's too much commercial dollars invested to let that happen. The Media knows this, Goodell knows this and Polian knows this. And each has set out in their own way to prop up the Colts and Manning so it doesn't happen.

But it did!!! And now its damage control time - Polian crying and complaining, League officials denying biased officiating, NFL Replay not showing controversial plays, media talking heads and scribes ignoring the reality of poor officiating and poor Colts play on the field, etc., etc.

Overall, if this basis is true (or even close to true), I don't see a very pretty picture. This could lead to Pro football being on a par with Pro wrestling!!

But, I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Everyone likes a winner and the bigger the winner, the more MONEY flocks to it. The Pats getting booked out in prime time is an indicator of that. And I bet the commercials shown on those prime time games do not feature Manning. And once the MONEY starts flowing towards the Pats, there won't be a need to prop up the Colts and Manning anymore(at least this season)(sinking ship concept).

So, what does anyone else think? Sorry if this tended to be longwinded but I had to get it off my chest.

I think Polian needs a little Dean Elias treatment from Necessary Roughness

From far away Bill Polian's shenanigans look like another chapter in Hervey Cleckley's The Mask of Sanity.

In our view, we executed. The replay official didn’t think we did. We’ll discuss that with the league office at the appropriate time.

The appropriate time will be the week before the Colts play the Patriots again.

Here's one explanation and I have not seen this discussed before but it may well be the basis behind all that we're seeing. It's called MONEY. We all know the NFL is a multi-billion dollar business. There are 6 networks that have shelled out big bucks to just broadcast the games. The only other major source of revenue is ticket sales. The TV networks then sell advertising time to regain their expenditure and these commercials are not cheap to create and cost big bucks to broadcast. Now the interesting part. Who is the #1 spokesperson featured in these commercials? How many times have you seen Manning featured in multiple commercials in a row? I know that I almost puke when I see that. Manning is featured because he is perceived to be the All-American boy(just like Jack Armstrong) and that is what sells the product/service being advertised. But think about just how effective those commercials featuring the All-American boy will be if his team loses or if he throws 6 picks in one game. There's too much commercial dollars invested to let that happen. The Media knows this, Goodell knows this and Polian knows this. And each has set out in their own way to prop up the Colts and Manning so it doesn't happen.

But it did!!! And now its damage control time - Polian crying and complaining, League officials denying biased officiating, NFL Replay not showing controversial plays, media talking heads and scribes ignoring the reality of poor officiating and poor Colts play on the field, etc., etc.

Wow, I definitely think this plays into the psychology of why the Colts are defended and Peyton is ball washed so often by the media.

Overall, if this basis is true (or even close to true), I don't see a very pretty picture. This could lead to Pro football being on a par with Pro wrestling!!

But, I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Everyone likes a winner and the bigger the winner, the more MONEY flocks to it. The Pats getting booked out in prime time is an indicator of that. And I bet the commercials shown on those prime time games do not feature Manning. And once the MONEY starts flowing towards the Pats, there won't be a need to prop up the Colts and Manning anymore(at least this season)(sinking ship concept).

So, what does anyone else think? Sorry if this tended to be longwinded but I had to get it off my chest.

I'm not naive about money being the agenda of everybody.
but are we saying here that the nfl will 'fix' results to increase revenues?
is it really that far gone?

In our view, we executed. The replay official didn’t think we did. We’ll discuss that with the league office at the appropriate time.

transalation...

Polian has this poor sap fired...

Hopefully sometime soon Bob Kraft can take a place on the Rules Committee to institute the Bill Polian Rule.

It's a simple rule really - it just requires Bill Polian to Shut the F*ck Up.

... I'm as pissed as anyone about the way Goodall handled Spygate but I am confident that comments like "We’ll discuss that with the league office at the appropriate time" aren't going to get Polian very far.

Oh really? When they discuss those issues at the "the appropriate time", Goodell will start out the meeting by asking Polian: "Bill, we pushed the envelope big time for you guys a few weeks ago, and this is how you pay me back".

Last edited:
I want to see Polian fined for his comments. This from PFT:

But Polian wasn't finished. Asked about the inadvertent whistle that killed a play after an interception by the Colts in the end zone, Polian said, "The last time I saw [an inadvertent whistle] was in Pop Warner and that's where it belongs."

I say let him rave on. The rest of the league and the country is seeing this deranged sociopath for exactly what he is. At some point, with all of this, he is going to make so many enemies within the league that there won't be any more room on the "Grassy Knoll" for any more gunmen (configuratively speaking), that the league is eventually going to be forced to have the Colts to do something about this guy, or they will pay a hefty penalty for it, one way or another.

EZ76

I just wanted to stop in and congradulate you for being the dumbest ---hole of the day on this board. Read your post. If you really believe anything on it that you wrote, you are a very sick man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes