PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bill Polian is insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Polian is one of the main reasons i root against the colts every week. i cant stand his bs. biggest crybaby in the nfl.

I want to see Polian fined for his comments. This from PFT: But Polian wasn't finished. Asked about the inadvertent whistle that killed a play after an interception by the Colts in the end zone, Polian said, "The last time I saw [an inadvertent whistle] was in Pop Warner and that's where it belongs."

What an arrogant POS. The whistle was human error, plain and simple. A bad mistake for sure, but nothing else can be said or done about it. If I was a Colts fan I'd be ashamed of that guy.

The problem is that while I agree he is an insufferable whiner, he most certainly is not insane. He knows that the more he whines, the more future calls he will get for his team. It is a strategy that has proven to be a very successful one.

He's been a very successful squeaky wheel. I'm starting to sense a backlash since he's gone to the well a few too many times.

The problem is that while I agree he is an insufferable whiner, he most certainly is not insane. He knows that the more he whines, the more future calls he will get for his team. It is a strategy that has proven to be a very successful one.

That is VERY true! The Angels are the darlings of the NFL and Polian has been a driving force in the 'femanization' of the NFL. Just once I want a writer to record Polian's rants in the press box and release the recordings to the media. According to Paul Parrillo the guy was as out of control during the Patriot game as Paul has ever seen. Did nothing but rip on his own players the entire game. How cool would it be to listen to a tape of Polian's rants all across America? Dude is mentally unstable.
Amazing just how fraudulent the Colts media generated public image is.

That is VERY true! The Angels are the darlings of the NFL and Polian has been a driving force in the 'femanization' of the NFL. Just once I want a writer to record Polian's rants in the press box and release the recordings to the media. According to Paul Parrillo the guy was as out of control during the Patriot game as Paul has ever seen. Did nothing but rip on his own players the entire game. How cool would it be to listen to a tape of Polian's rants all across America? Dude is mentally unstable.
Amazing just how fraudulent the Colts media generated public image is.

Rhody, and everybody, think about this:

The reason the Colts are the darlings of the NFL is that they tried soooo hard for sooooo long to get past the big bad evil Patriots. That's how he's gotten this free pass for six years now.

I'm really, really glad we were able to overcome all obstacles -- including the refs -- in Indy in week 9. I think what Polian believes his whining will get him is in excess of what it will get him.

But I also believe America will only care about his whining if he wins another Super Bowl. That's how the Pats got in trouble - getting too good, becomming the Yankees of the NFL.

Essentially, people like scrappy underdogs and don't like dynasties.

By that premise I hope the Colts continue to be the darlings of the public for a very, very long time.

I'll take the Lombardi's :D

PFnV

You know what's funny PatFanInVa? Everyone may hate us but everyone wants to watch us. That's why NBC moves the Pats/Bills game to prime time during their November sweeps rating period. It ain't 'cause of the Bills! ;)
Fans may hate us but people love to watch this team play. And the ratings will only build as this team continues to win.

Its amazing that a member of the rules committee openly criticizes the referees any time a call goes against his team. This is not a good thing for the league. Isn't there an NFL edict where coaches can be fined for opennly criticizing the officiating. Why wouldn't the same hold true for GMs.

BB has never disparaged the officiating even when prodded by the media.

But then again, the Colts represent all that is good in life, while the Patriots are just down-right evil.

Longtime, first time... my weekly outrage has finally pushed me over the lurking edge.

Just want to add a couple o' pennies on Pole-I-Am's latest.

But that’s immaterial. It didn’t affect the outcome of the game. However, had the first down stood...

He of course goes on to blame the entire loss on the immaterial spot that didn't affect the game. Like in the next sentence.

One thing you can't take away from the guy: he's got some balls.

I second the idea to compile all the complaints, particularly the "official" ones, the godly colts have issued over these runner-up years. List 'em side-by-side with all those Pats complaints.

Wonder if I can still access Lexis/Nexis. Probably take a while to sift through hits on (Polian OR Dungy) AND (official w/2 complaint).

Its amazing that a member of the rules committee openly criticizes the referees any time a call goes against his team. This is not a good thing for the league. Isn't there an NFL edict where coaches can be fined for openly criticizing the officiating. Why wouldn't the same hold true for GMs.

This is whats most important in this newest example of Polian's behavior. He's been an embarrassment for the Colts fans and organization for many years now and at some point his position on the Competition Committee becomes just another black mark on the NF L's reputation. Goddell really needs to address the credibility of the competition committee with Polian being on it for so long. How often are the members rotated? How are they chosen etc.???

I'm not so sure that he is insane but he definitely is an egotisticle, arrogant, blowhard a**hole.

I just wanted to stop in and congradulate you for being the dumbest ---hole of the day on this board. Read your post. If you really believe anything on it that you wrote, you are a very sick man.

I will file your sentiment "under advisement", Spanky. You obviously didn't understand what I meant in the first place, or the point that I was driving at. It appears to have gone right over your head. Next time try reading the ENTIRE post, you know like where I said "CONFIGURATIVELY SPEAKING". I was not speaking "literally" there, more facetious than anything. Reading an ENTIRE paragraph does tend to go a long way in increasing comprehension skills. Next time, I will try to type a little slower, so that maybe you can understand the meaning of it. So let me explain it to you, the way the man is going, he is going to have nothing but enemies in this league. Not just with the Pats, but with the entire league. And, everything that he thinks he is getting in his favor now, may eventually backfire on him or the Colts, somewhere down the line. Whether it be calls by officials in a game, or some vote done by the rest of the league that works against him or the Colts. Or they may have to deal with some rogue player out there, who head hunts his key players in a game. It brings up an old adage, be careful what you wish for, you just may get it !!! Now, does that clear the meaning of what I said up for you any?

EZ76

Last edited:
Hey - let's compile a list of all of Polian's complaints - and then send it to Bill Simmons on espn and ask him to address it in his national column - I bet he would if it was impressive enough.

This is whats most important in this newest example of Polian's behavior. He's been an embarrassment for the Colts fans and organization for many years now and at some point his position on the Competition Committee becomes just another black mark on the NF L's reputation. Goddell really needs to address the credibility of the competition committee with Polian being on it for so long. How often are the members rotated? How are they chosen etc.???

This is the NFL at its most insidious, and dangerous: naPolian on the Comp. Committee.

Just as there should be term limits for elected officials, there should be term limits for commitee members; and there should never, ever be two members of the same organization on the Comp. Committee at the same time.

Look at how Mike Pirrera reacted to Polian's complaint. His comment on the Clint Session interception return was quote 'The ref that blew the whistle was a rookie and had his whistle in his mouth and blew the play dead because we mistakenly used the college rule in his head where the player is down when hitting the ground. That ref was told to keep the whistle in his hand not his mouth so he doesnt make rash and incorrect decisions like that anymore'. He apoligized to Colts.

This is the NFL at its most insidious, and dangerous: naPolian on the Comp. Committee.

Just as there should be term limits for elected officials, there should be term limits for commitee members; and there should never, ever be two members of the same organization on the Comp. Committee at the same time.

The federal government needs to nationalize the NFL on the grounds that it is an illegal monopoly. These rules issues would then be evaluated where they belong -- the US Supreme Court. :D

Look at how Mike Pirrera reacted to Polian's complaint. His comment on the Clint Session interception return was quote 'The ref that blew the whistle was a rookie and had his whistle in his mouth and blew the play dead because we mistakenly used the college rule in his head where the player is down when hitting the ground. That ref was told to keep the whistle in his hand not his mouth so he doesnt make rash and incorrect decisions like that anymore'. He apoligized to Colts.

This bully has intimidated the referees to the point where they are all frightened for their jobs and their future in the league, courtesy of this control freak bully. To the point where Mike Perreira is actually up on the NFL Network stumbling and bumbling his way through the bogus Ellis Hobbs PI call as Rich Eisner is looking at him like he has 10 heads. Talk about initimidation, and now they latest BS on the Sessions explanation.

Polian is from the Ron Borges school of "bully-hood". The more fear you can instill the better the results. The guy is a piece of work. The only way to remove the intimidation is take his power away and vote him off that committee, otherwise he'll continue to rule the officials with an iron fist like he usually does.

Last edited by a moderator:

Excellent point on the disgusting outcome even though the ref did 'blow it'.

The thread title says Polian is insane. If insanity is doing the same thing (futily) over and over again despite a negative outcome, then Polian is far from insane. His hissey fit tantrums and intimidation tactics work for the Colts.

OK...how about nonsane?

Originally Posted by PatsChick87

I've asked the same question don't theses members ever rotate. But I think I remember Shula being on the same committee for 26 years. Thats not right, it should never happen that a coach or GM influence a board with as much power as the comp.comm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back