PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Are the Fish back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BWAHAHAHA. What a choke job. 24-3 going into halftime. See you in two weeks, Fins.

I said on Twitter after Brees convinced them to go for it before the half and scored that I thought Miami was in trouble. But I never expected them to implode like that. Patriots are now well in control of this division - especially if they're going to continue to get better the way they have been.

Patriots are now well in control of this division
The Jets are only 1 loss behind us. And they have the tie breaker so far.

Yeah but that will change when they come to Foxboro in a few weeks and get blown out.

to think the bills are one fumble away from being in a 3 way tie for first.....crazy divison

It is this kind of BS that makes the argument of running the score stupid. I will take the heat for running the score than to have a team come back and win like this. This type of defeat can wreck your season. It is so heart breaking

miami is a bigger threat IMO than jets.

I said on Twitter after Brees convinced them to go for it before the half and scored that I thought Miami was in trouble. But I never expected them to implode like that. Patriots are now well in control of this division - especially if they're going to continue to get better the way they have been.

It's funny that you say that Ian, because from that moment on, you could feel the momentum turning. Why in the world Sparano would take a TO when New Orleans was lining up to kick a FG and make it 24-6 at the half is beyond me, but that was the turn right there.

With the Saints scoring right before the half to make it 24-10 instead of kicking the FG and making it 24-6, all they had to do was score again after halftime to make it 24-17, and a one score game. Believe it or not, I kind of felt that could be the difference when it happened. I thought they'd come out in the 3rd and cut it to 24-17, thus being right back in it.

MIA sure wasted all the momemtum they had going into the half, but you're right, you could see it coming in a way with Brees using the Sparano TO to talk his HC into going for it.

Re: Are the Fish back?

in the 2nd half they come roaring back to win or at least make this game interesting.

Miami definitely caught NO off guard but they are not as good as some people make them out to be.
What else to you do with that time machine of yours? :D

BWAHAHAHA. What a choke job. 24-3 going into halftime. See you in two weeks, Fins.

They didn't choke.. NO simply woke up. It was a matter of avoiding a trap game. It's an assumption that the Fins can play at NO's level that gives rise to the idea that they "choked."

Last edited:

What else to you do with that time machine of yours? :D

Thanks for the compliment but it was clear that NO was dozing in the first half and needed halftime to regroup.

In thinking back, one of the more remarkable thing about this game was that in the 2nd half, NO didn't abandon its running game to get back into it (e.g. taking to the air exclusively).. as a matter of fact, they went to it even more.

This is food for thought for us entering into the bye.

Also there was a lot of Porter and Taylor coming off the edges.. something we'll have to game plan for.

Last edited:

Thanks for the compliment but it was clear that NO was dozing in the first half and needed halftime to regroup.
Well, you called it right on, while the rest of us were marking the LOLphins with a W.

They didn't choke.. NO simply woke up. It was a matter of avoiding a trap game. It's an assumption that the Fins can play at NO's level that gives rise to the idea that they "choked."

doesnt matter, they went into halftime with a 24-3 lead, and they lost the game, and thats the definition of blowing the game

With this line of thinking, we should all assume that the Giants couldn't play on our level in 2007 and we simply never "woke up". They were up 24-10 at the half with Brees throwing picks all over the place. They gave up 36 second half points. They choked.

Last edited:
doesnt matter, they went into halftime with a 24-3 lead, and they lost the game, and thats the definition of blowing the game

24-10 at the half.

Give the Fins some credit. Obviously they didn't want to be accused of "running up the score" like the Patriots would have been had they kept trying when up 24-3.

...Because everyone knows that no team could ever put up 43 points in just over 2 quarters to get themselves back in a game...

With this line of thinking, we should all assume that the Giants couldn't play on our level in 2007 and we simply never "woke up".

Did I ever say we didn't choke in that SB? I don't think so.

Did I ever say we didn't choke in that SB? I don't think so.

You said that NO simply woke up and that people assumed that the Fins could play on the Saints' level, then went on to state that it was a faulty assumption. I simply took that line of thinking and applied it to our Super Bowl game. The lesson? No one team in the NFL is that superior over the other as evidenced when an 18-0 "unstoppable" Patriots team went down to a 10-6 wildcard contender.

The only way to put this game is to say that Miami choked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes