PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One player you would want on the patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB15

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Not necessarly because the patriots have a positional need or anything but just because you like this player.

Personally I would just kill to have Shawne Merriman on our team. I love everything about this guy, and is one of my favorite players today. Just a note Rodney Harrison is my all time favorite player.

So what about the rest of you guys, its doesnt necessarly have to be realistic... Merriman certianly isnt realistic.. the chargers arnt stupid...but its just fun to think of stuff like this. Merriman next to Teddy Brushie..... I could die..

what about it?

DB15 said:
Not necessarly because the patriots have a positional need or anything but just because you like this player.

Personally I would just kill to have Shawne Merriman on our team. I love everything about this guy, and is one of my favorite players today. Just a note Rodney Harrison is my all time favorite player.

So what about the rest of you guys, its doesnt necessarly have to be realistic... Merriman certianly isnt realistic.. the chargers arnt stupid...but its just fun to think of stuff like this. Merriman next to Teddy Brushie..... I could die..

what about it?
I'd like to see at lb either urlacher, merriman, or demarcus ware. at safety- roy williams.

but i'd love to see a big time linebacker, i hope they draft someone who has half their potential

DB15 said:

what about it?

From a need standpoint - Champ Bailey

DeAngelo Williams or Shawne Merriman.

For purely nostalgic reasons....Lofa Tatupu (sorry if spelling is wrong)

Chad Johnson, Troy Polamalu or Champ Bailey.

BritPat said:
Chad Johnson, Troy Polamalu or Champ Bailey.
Ive got to agree about Troy, but Chad Johnson I want nothing to do with

Marvin Harrison
Alan Faneca
or either Roy Williams :D

Jason Taylor, Dwight Freeney or Demarcus Ware

I'd take Wes Welker. I know we have needs in alot of places, but.. in Welker we'd get a solid slot WR to replace Troy when he retires, a solid PR/KR which we seem to always be in the need of, and a back-up kicker to boot!

Pretty good haul for one guy. He's one of the few guys on the Dolphins that I really like.

Last edited:
Ahriman said:
DeAngelo Williams or Shawne Merriman.

you want DeAngelo Williams..the RB we passed up on?

id take

1. Merriman
2. Sean Taylor
3. Ed Reed
4. Champ Bailey

Brownfan80 said:
I'd take Wes Welker. I know we have needs in alot of places, but.. in Welker we'd get a solid slot WR to replace Troy when he retires, a solid PR/KR which we seem to always be in the need of, and a back-up kicker to boot!

Pretty good haul for one guy. He's one of the few guys on the Dolphins that I really like.

Yes. Just because I love to see him play.

For need, Polamalu or (yikes!) Randy Moss.

Given their style of offense and that their biggest need is at WR, I'd say Santana Moss. He is the perfect fit for them at the X receiver, which is where Deion Branch lined up.

I'd say Steve Smith over Moss, but Smith seems more of a headcase while Moss is more of a team guy.

my top 4 list:

1 - Merriman
2 - Polamalu
3 - Champ Bailey
4 - Chad Johnson

Remix 6 said:
you want DeAngelo Williams..the RB we passed up on?

id take

1. Merriman
2. Sean Taylor
3. Ed Reed
4. Champ Bailey

Whoops, I meant DeAngelo Hall. Either him or Shawne Merriman.

ED REED , without a doubt.

Belichick coaching that guy would be just creepy. I can't imagine how good he would be on the pats with our line, coaching, and leadership.

i also forgot to mention Urlacher..i mean him as our ILB even OLB would be crazy

SeanBruschi54 said:
Troy Polamalu

No question.
Interestingly enough, one of the books on Belichick--either Halberstram's or the other one--forgot the name of it right now--stated that Belichick had Polamalu on his "A" list for that draft. There were a few others on that list, but the Steelers drafted higher than NE that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back