Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: One football experts analysis of Matt Cassel

Do you want to have that line back?

There was a lowly sixth rounder.....

I left out the Brady story as it sends the discussion off topic

I do not.

The quarterback leads the team. The point of replacing the other 10 players instead of the qb evades me, I'm kind of dumb,you need to spell it out for me.

Sure......

you already had your mind made up

more than just a little ironic.

I know baseball talk is frowned upon here, but this is just so close to the criticism of JD Drew last year. Turns out you actually can perform without smashing helmets and water coolers.

I was exaggerating. I didn't see him actually smash his helmet. I did see him angry at himself. He looked like he cared.

Cassel does not. The problem is Cassel doesn't look in command on the field and that is a problem. the other is just my impression.

Last edited:

Sure......

more than just a little ironic.

Are you going to explain or not. Cassel has been around here a while and so have I. You can check my posts and never find a woed ctiricizing him because I had no opinion and trusted the team's.

Based on what I see and knowing Brady's been injured, I've come to this conclusion. That would be the opposite of having my mind made up.

Are you going to explain or not. Cassel has been around here a while and so have I. You can check my posts and never find a woed ctiricizing him because I had no opinion and trusted the team's.

Based on what I see and knowing Brady's been injured, I've come to this conclusion. That would be the opposite of having my mind made up.

It's self explanatory. The poster has access to the same history you do, yet you made your comment.

Last edited:

I left out the Brady story as it sends the discussion off topic

It is an anomaly.

I wouldn't count on O'connel for at least a few years so we need someone reliable in the meantime either way.

It's self explanatory. The poster has access to the same history you do, yet you made your comment.

Maybe the poster and I disagree.

You realize you are the only one who knows what you're talking about by this point and that may be giving you too much credit.

Maybe the poster and I disagree.

You realize you are the only one who knows what you're talking about by this point and that may be giving you too much credit.

The poster and you in disagreement is not the irony. Your claiming that the poster's mind was already made up when that poster has access to the same information you do is.

Last edited:

It is an anomaly.

I wouldn't count on O'connel for at least a few years so we need someone reliable in the meantime either way.

I agree that it is not reasonable to ask that O'C be the valid #2 this year. Possible, but oh so unlikely. I've watched and he doesn't get enough reps in training camp to be expected to develop that fast.

I'm pessimistic about BB's likelihood of finding "someone reliable" as our #2 this season.

Last edited:

The poster and you in disagreement is not the irony. Your claiming that the poster's mind was already made up when that poster has access to the same information you do is.

If I had my mind made up based on two games and the Boston beat writer and various other sportwriters confirmed what I felt then you are correct. I'm not ignoring evidence to the contrary such as experienced football writers opinions.

Last edited:

I don't care what TB said. He is a diplomat. Cassel SUCKs. He couldn't score a TD with Moss and Walker on the field. Being here 4 years and no TD?

Our rookies QB scored 2 TDs in 2 game. Yes, i can see why Cassel has not played in a regularly season.

Last edited:

If I had my mind made up based on two games and the Boston beat writer and various other sportwriters confirmed what I felt then you are correct. I'm not ignoring evidence to the contrary such as experienced football writers opinions.

And the other poster has access to the same opinions. There's a difference between 'ignoring evidence' and not buying it. The men on WEEI, for example, were nowhere near as harsh towards Cassel as the Sharpe/Faulk team or the negative posters here. Hell, for that matter, neither was Reiss in the entry you cited.

Also, Reiss is by no means an expert, and was just offering his opinion, not something that was an actual fact.

Last edited:

I'm no football expert, but when you watch a sport for many years you see things that don't end up on the stat sheet.

Cassel doesn't want to be there. He doesn't want the pressure or the responsibility, he wants to get it over with so he can have his job back talking with his friends Tom and Josh on the sideline.

Gutz hasn't performed much better, but he is frustrated, he's slamming his helmet, taking deep breaths, forcing himself to focus to try and make his next series better.

I saw it in the Robb Johnson, Flutie competition. As much as they wanted to give Johnson the job, he didn't want it while Flutie wanted it desperately. You can't coach desire.

People don't develop desire once they've lost it. He might put on a good enough show to hold his job, but where does that leave us?

Cassel is done IMO, put a fork in him.

I agree with what you say here but I think he just wants to get out of town so he can have a real chance to play in the league. Let's face it ... how bad would Brady have to be for Matt to play. He's no fool ... however, the method he has chosen is going to ****** the process because he'll be buried on another roster now ... at least if he had played well and asked for a trade he would be closer to the field on another team.

And the other poster has access to the same opinions. There's a difference between 'ignoring evidence' and not buying it. The men on WEEI, for example, were nowhere near as harsh towards Cassel as the Sharpe/Faulk team or the negative posters here. Hell, for that matter, neither was Reiss in the entry you cited.

Also, Reiss is by no means an expert, and was just offering his opinion, not something that was an actual fact.

He's the beat writer for the team and other sportwriters said the same thing. I base my opinion on what I see. Being that vince Lombardi is no longer with us, I feel my uninformed opinion bolstered when writers who write football or follow the team everyday agree.

You have no real point to make, but please continue if you want to waste more cyber space.

Last edited:

There's a nice poll here in another thread on who (and hopefully why) you think will be the actual QBs on the roster opening day. That may be a more constructive line of discussion.

He's the beat writer for the team and other sportwriters said the same thing. I base my opinion on what I see. Being that vince Lombardi is no longer with us, I feel my uninformed opinion bolstered when writers who write football or follow the team everyday agree.

You have no real point to make, but please continue if you want to waste more cyber space.

I pointed out the irony. You took it to post after post after that instead of just admitting the obvious and moving on. End of story.

The writers who follow football every day in this town has included a not so illustrious group. You saw recently what the clowns at PFW hire. The dean of Boston football writers before his retirement was Kevin Mannix who deemed the trade for Belichick the acquisition of duplicitous pond scum. He then drafted that stiff Seymour when he could have had a WR if he only knew how on the mark Borges opinions are...And Borges and Cafardo wailed as a HOF'er was traded to a division rival as some flash in the pan kid who could only dink and dunk was given the starting job here. Which was going to lead to no one wanting to play here for the cheap liar that BB is... Then of course there was the little matter of the Soxaholic Herald beat writer reporting on the existence of a walk through tape... And senior correspondent Felger told us all what to expect with Randy Moss because he's a dog and only plays when he wants to...

When your opinion is being bolstered by media read or spin or opinion in this town it's usually a bad sign for your opinion.

The writers who follow football every day in this town has included a not so illustrious group. You saw recently what the clowns at PFW hire. The dean of Boston football writers before his retirement was Kevin Mannix who deemed the trade for Belichick the acquisition of duplicitous pond scum. He then drafted that stiff Seymour when he could have had a WR if he only knew how on the mark Borges opinions are...And Borges and Cafardo wailed as a HOF'er was traded to a division rival as some flash in the pan kid who could only dink and dunk was given the starting job here. Which was going to lead to no one wanting to play here for the cheap liar that BB is... Then of course there was the little matter of the Soxaholic Herald beat writer reporting on the existence of a walk through tape... And senior correspondent Felger told us all what to expect with Randy Moss because he's a dog and only plays when he wants to...

When your opinion is being bolstered by media read or spin or opinion in this town it's usually a bad sign for your opinion.

Good point.

An opinion should be taken with 'a grain of salt.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back