PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill has 5 mil to spend un free agency

And that's without signing the most important franchise player ever.

Spin it how you want but that pathetic.

Cowboys just spent 25 on one of the softest overrated WRs in the game. I’d say we’ve done ok keeping thuney and the McCourty twins.

Bill has 5 mil to spend un free agency

And that's without signing the most important franchise player ever.

Spin it how you want but that pathetic.
206_550x550_Front_Color-NA.jpg

Too add on Hopkins reminds me a bit of Larry Fitz. Even for Stidham, be a great piece. Unless it is Stid plus a barn of RBs.

Jerry wants another ring before he dies. But Jerry & Co. keep making obvious mistakes that prevent it from happening. This offseason is another demonstration of that.

1. Pass on the best QB in league history
  2. Overpay for the middling QB and 2nd tier WR
  3. Let the needed CB get away
I agree with 1 and 2. But Jones is overrated, let him walk.

Cowboys just spent 25 on one of the softest overrated WRs in the game. I’d say we’ve done ok keeping thuney and the McCourty twins.

You missed the point.

The point isnt we should of got cooper, the point is bill cant compete in a marke6 where cooper gets 25 mil a year or diggs commandant 4 draft picks.

He wont do it, I dont blame him.

So because of that, we cant fix the offense because bill cant draft thst position for **** and all of a sudden hes been boxed out from getting those players via the means he used to.

Bradys gone. That was it.

Jones and Howard duo for Miami is nasty. Deal looks like an overpay now, but not so much given the salary increases in the future/how the market is always increasing each year.

Wow. They wanted him.

Blood is in the water. "Brady is gone"
Yeah that is the straw that broke the camels back I thank....with that I want to be the FIRST to Thank Tom Brady (this free agency) for being the GOAT, for being imho the Greatest Boston Sports Hero.....for bringing 6 Championships to the NE Patriots....and honestly being robbed for Two others....BUT THANK YOU Tom for working with BB to create The Greatest Dynasty of all time in NFL and all leagues....thanks for being the most CLUTCH QB ever!!!!.....Thanks for all you have our fans....and the hometown deals you made to bring in other key personnel.....Thanks for all you did Tom....no one can EVER take it away!!!!!!

I hope brady keeps playing. He’s always played with a chip on his shoulder.

Lmao 24 Million a year for Cooper holy ****
He is 25 years old and is very prolific.....not sure how you can say he is not a good signing

Jamie Collins headed fo Lions.

You missed the point.

The point isnt we should of got cooper, the point is bill cant compete in a marke6 where cooper gets 25 mil a year or diggs commandant 4 draft picks.

He wont do it, I dont blame him.

So because of that, we cant fix the offense because bill cant draft thst position for **** and all of a sudden hes been boxed out from getting those players via the means he used to.

Bradys gone. That was it.

This is day 1 of FA. When have you ever known BB to make these splashes this early? Gilmore was the outlier. Im sure Bill is aware of the WR market as are some other teams (Hopkins and Diggs trades, rumors of Brandon Cooks being available). The better value right now is dealing away some picks to acquire WRs already under contract for multiple years or waiting it out until the market settles. Our OL looks solid as does RB, give it time to see what we end up with at WR/TE. If nothing changes after the draft then id say theres validity to your claim.

W
Jerry wants another ring before he dies. But Jerry & Co. keep making obvious mistakes that prevent it from happening. This offseason is another demonstration of that.

1. Pass on the best QB in league history
  2. Overpay for the middling QB and 2nd tier WR
  3. Let the needed CB get away

He’s trying to imitate the big 3 from the 90s and its just not gonna work.

Good gracious, Dak is so overrated and they just keep getting closer to caving in on that historic deal with him. Players that beat teams consistently with winning records usually get paid great money. Look at his record last year.

30-40 percent of their money is going to be tied up in 4 players on a 53 man roster. Mind blowing.

So is bill gonna roll out the same offense with stidham?

No team wants to trade with Pats unless its for a massive overpay (like Sanu). Can not blame BB for that.
Also, they simply do not have the cap space this year to play in the UFA waters for top tier talent.
BB will deny it, but we are looking at a 2 year rebuild process.

I personally would like to see Rivers sign with the Colts and have Rivers and the Colts win it all and beat out both the Chiefs and the Ravens, while the Pats position themselves for the 2 year rebuild.

What a Haul for Diggs? Brady is gone, start a new dynasty.
Yes. Thanks Tom. Bummed. Greatest QB ever. Pats can’t compete next year and have HARDEST SCHEDULE EVER!.....Goodbye Tom and thank you for bringing legendary football dynasty to New England....THE GOAT!!!! Never be another Brady!!!

This is day 1 of FA. When have you ever known BB to make these splashes this early? Gilmore was the outlier. Im sure Bill is aware of the WR market as are some other teams (Hopkins and Diggs trades, rumors of Brandon Cooks being available). The better value right now is dealing away some picks to acquire WRs already under contract for multiple years or waiting it out until the market settles. Our OL looks solid as does RB, give it time to see what we end up with at WR/TE. If nothing changes after the draft then id say theres validity to your claim.

I'm more concerned with the 5 mil miguel says we have left to spend AND it being only day 1.

How they're gonna free up the money to sign brady and find him the skilled players is beyond me at this point.

Its just hit me now, 15 minutes ago that that's the end of that dynasty and bill really is arragont enough roll that same offense out there with a year two clown.

I root for the Patriots but it's not gonna hurt my feelings if bill has egg on his face if that decision backfires.

I'm more concerned with the 5 mil miguel says we have left to spend AND it being only day 1.

How they're gonna free up the money to sign brady and find him the skilled players is beyond me at this point.

Its just hit me now, 15 minutes ago that that's the end of that dynasty and bill really is arragont enough roll that same offense out there with a year two clown.

I root for the Patriots but it's not gonna hurt my feelings if bill has egg on his face if that decision backfires.

You are right about one thing, its only day 1.

What the **** is Cooper even a top 5 WR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back