PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proof that the Bears are not a GOOD team:

Proof that the Bears are not a GOOD team:

Other than re-signing your own players, the regret rate for day 1 of Free Agency (or whatever today is) has to be in the 90% range. These contracts are just so, so bad. All marginal players who were bad enough that their teams didn't care if they reached UFA, and all getting top market deals. Jesus..teams will never learn.

Can we just low key grab Ebron or trade for Howard

If Brady's really in play for Tampa Bay, Howard's not going to be coming to the Patriots (at least not before that gets resolved).

Other than re-signing your own players, the regret rate for day 1 of Free Agency (or whatever today is) has to be in the 90% range. These contracts are just so, so bad. All marginal players who were bad enough that their teams didn't care if they reached UFA, and all getting top market deals. Jesus..teams will never learn.

I think Miami is going to be happy with their CB duo.

I agree with the Mariota vs MIA Tannehill comparison. We can think of a lot of QBs who go on a hot streak then get paid. Flacco. Foles. Now Tannehill. I guess coaches/GMs think there is more to it than just a few weeks/months where everything happens to come together. Maybe Tannehill will be the exception to the rule, and the system is just right for him. But it's pretty clear the system was never right for Mariota. We never saw him really put it together. The team and the fan base were done with him. I think the choice was TB12 vs Tannehill and the coach and GM seemed to always favor bringing Tannehill back.
Mariota has never been as good as Tannehill aside from one season. Even Miami Tannehill is a superior QB to Mariota by quite a margin.

Byron Jones to MIA. Highest paid CB. Massive overpay!

If Brady's really in play for Tampa Bay, Howard's not going to be coming to the Patriots (at least not before that gets resolved).

Don’t know why tampa is not focused on getting OL help.

Dolphins spending big money on guys like Jones and Van Noy is nice on paper but until they really fix that offensive line, nothing's happening. Ereck Flowers isn't fixing anything.

By the way....wouldn't it be better to just '86 the "tampering period"....I mean when the clock strikes midnight on Wednesday, there won't be any FA's left......

IOW, what "free agency"?

Byron Jones to MIA. Highest paid CB. Massive overpay!

Unbelievable...its dumb desperate moves like this that get the cream of the crop players to question their own contracts 2 or 3 years down the road. He has like 2 interceptions in 5 years, isn’t a top 5 cb but he’s the highest paid. Brilliant...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST