PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OK, so we lost to the Colts, Big Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bottom line is if you turn the rock over 5 times you are going to lose to 75% of the teams out there(see Pittsburgh every week). Doing this and still being "in" the game with 2:00 minutes left is very suprising against the "leagues best team".

Indy is not the team they were last year, I thought last years team was ALOT better on D. This just means we need to wait 2 months for another shot at Indy and Denv.

PATSNUTme said:
When did I "make light" of our other losses? The only other loss that we have had is Denver.

If you want to wallow in your misery, go ahead.

Are you afraid of playing the Colts in the playoffs at their place IF that is what happens after the NEXT 8 games to be played.

If we lose to the Jests this week, I will not "make light" of it. That will be a BIG DEAL.

So, sit in your darkened room and cry if you want to. The sky is falling and everything is gloom and doom.

But, my Patriots are 6-2, just where I thought that they would be on their way to a 12-4 record. If that means that we play the Colts in their dome, so be it. As I said in my original post, we will drive a dagger into their heart as usual.

Now, I'll leave you and some of the others to whine and cry and tell everyone that the sky is falling.

Guess again. I am not crying about anything. It was a big deal that we lost this game, from an objective, unbiased point of view. We lost the tie breaker against the Colts and Broncos and may have lost a bi-week. But you are too simple to understand reality.

You apparently can't understand this fact so you accuse me of crying about the sky falling.

Acknowledging that this was one of the two most important games on our schedule and that we lost both games is not saying that the sky is falling or any of your other cliche crap.

My Patriots are 6-2 just like YOUR Patriots, the difference is that I am capable of recognizing that some losses are more important than others and you apparently are not.

Just to show how limited your logic is, you suggest that losing to the Jets would be a big deal, but losing to a team we are in contention with for home field advantage or a bi-week is no big deal. :rolleyes:

You left the same lame thread after we lost to another important team on our schedule, the Broncos.

Last edited:
5 Rings for Brady!! said:
Guess again, chump. I am not crying about anything. It was a big deal that we lost this game, from an objective, unbiased point of view. We lost the tie breaker against the Colts and Broncos and may have lost a bi-week. But you are too simple to understand reality.

You apparently can't understand this fact so you accuse me of crying about the sky falling.

Acknowledging that this was one of the two most important games on our schedule and that we lost both games is not saying that the sky is falling or any of your other cliche crap.

My Patriots are 6-2 just like YOUR Patriots, the difference is that I am capable of recognizing that some losses are more important than others and you apparently are not.

Just to show how limited your logic is, you suggest that losing to the Jets would be a big deal, but losing to a team we are in contention with for home field advantage or a bi-week is no big deal. :rolleyes:

You left the same lame thread after we lost to another important team on our schedule, the Broncos.

I would debate this with you, but I'd be breaking a rule.

The rule is: Don't argue with stupid people because they will just bring you down to their level.

Last edited:
mgcolby said:
2001 and 2004 no home field advantage and we win the AFCC game on the road. 2005 Colts have home field advantage and lose at home.

8 games left and we need to run the table and have the Colts lose 3 games. Both are possible, but I am not holding my breath on the Colts losing 3 games. I still think we end up 14-2.

The Broncos will have at least 3 losses by the end of the year and possibly 4. They still have to play a stretch that includes SD, @ KC, Sea, @ SD. Not an easy stretch.

The worse part about this loss is that it essentially was a 3 game swing in favor of the Colts, that sucked. I don't think HFA throughout the Playoffs is as important as simply getting the bye. HFA is an added benefit and having the one seed know that they will play at home is nice, the two seed has the second best chance of hosting the AFCC game. So this loss wasn't an end all be all. Bottom line we are playing for #2 seed at this point, unless the Colts start dropping a few.

With that said the #2 seed is our's to lose if if technically we are the 3rd seed at this point and here is why:

No one knows who is going to win the West or the North. The one thing we have in our favor is that there are three teams in the West that have a legitimate shot at the division and in the North there are two teams,they will beat up on each other fighting for the division, plus the North still has a Steelers team that will be looking to knock off the Bengals and Ravens from the spoilers role. Our biggest competition is the Jets.

It still isn't smooth sailing for the Colts, they have to play 4 teams who will be playing for their playoff lives in their last 8 games. The Colts have the Cowboys and Eagles in back to back weeks, two teams that will be fighting for the playoffs, they also have the Bengals (not sure what that team will be in week 15). The Jags at worst should go into the Colts game 8-4, if they upset the Giants in Jax, they could go into that Colts game next month 9-3.

Their is a lot of football left to be played and nothing has been decided. So lets not act as if we just lost a game that ended our season.

I agree with you up until your last sentence. Like Patsnutme, you are trying to put a 'sky is falling' label on those of us who simply are mentally capable of acknowledging that this was an IMPORTANT GAME and therefore it is a BIG DEAL that we lost it. This game and the Broncos game are the two games which may have big implications for us down the road, and we lost both of them. After both of them, Patsnut went out of his way to tell us that it didn't matter, no big deal.

Let's keep it real here. Nobody thinks the season is over but some of us are capable of understanding that there are certain games that it is a big deal to try to win. For such things as seeding and bi-week.

I haven't heard anybody suggest that the season is over. Nobody.

There just doesn't seem to be much room to express objective and realistic opinions about what is going on with the team, and the fact is that we just lost a very important game.

PATSNUTme said:
I would debate this with you, but I'd be breaking a rule.

The rule is: Don't argue with stupid people because they will just bring you down to their level.

That's real good.

Let's see. After two important losses, you post that the losses didn't matter, no big deal.

Then somebody says: Well maybe if we are objective, we can see that it is a big deal not to blow the two games with the most likely implications this year.

And then you post some cliche crap about the sky is falling.

You got it going on, bro! :rolleyes:

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
I agree with you up until your last sentence. Like Patsnutme, you are trying to put a 'sky is falling' label on those of us who simply are mentally capable of acknowledging that this was an IMPORTANT GAME and therefore it is a BIG DEAL that we lost it. This game and the Broncos game are the two games which may have big implications for us down the road, and we lost both of them. After both of them, Patsnut went out of his way to tell us that it didn't matter, no big deal.

Let's keep it real here. Nobody thinks the season is over but some of us are capable of understanding that there are certain games that it is a big deal to try to win. For such things as seeding and bi-week.

I haven't heard anybody suggest that the season is over. Nobody.

There just doesn't seem to be much room to express objective and realistic opinions about what is going on with the team, and the fact is that we just lost a very important game.

I felt that my post was an objective post.

You are assuming that the Broncos and Colts game's were the most important games of the season. If we finish 14-2 and the Bronco's finish 11-5 and 2nd in the West then was that one our two most important games of the season in week 17? If we finish 12-4 and the Colts finish 15-1 would that still make that game the most important of the season come the end of the year?

Those are the two most important game's we have played thus far this season based on week 9 records. The point you missed while you were making assumptions is that their is still a lot of football to played and no one knows how it will all shake out.

I hope you are mentally capable of understanding that, as I must not be mentally capable of figuring out that last week's game gave the Colts a 3 game swing in their favor, which I noted in my post. ;)

Last edited:
mgcolby said:
I felt that my post was an objective post.

You are assuming that the Broncos and Colts game's were the most important games of the season. If we finish 14-2 and the Bronco's finish 11-5 and 2nd in the West then was that one our two most important games of the season in week 17? If we finish 12-4 and the Colts finish 15-1 would that still make that game the most important of the season come the end of the year?

Those are the two most important game's we have played thus far this season based on week 9 records. The point you missed while you were making assumptions is that their is still a lot of football to played and no one knows how it will all shake out.

I hope you are mentally capable of understanding that, as I must not be mentally capable of figuring out that last week's game gave the Colts a 3 game swing in their favor, which I noted in my post. ;)

Like I said, I agreed with your post up until the last sentence.

Your post was perfectly objective up until the point where you suggest that people are acting like this was a season ending loss. It wasn't, but it was an important game. And realizing that it was a big deal to lose this game does not mean that the sky is falling, the season is over, or that we are sitting in a dark room and crying. It only means that we can objectively comprehend when a game is important, which Patsnut is having trouble doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News