PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jonathan Taylor requested Colts to trade him (Edit: RBs unhappy around the league)

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

No idea if we have any kind of package to offer that would entice the Colts to make a deal with us and make it worthwhile but that would certainly change the AFC East outlook.

He's about to find out that no one is trading for and then paying big money for a running back in 2023 so at best he's going to be traded and playing on his current deal so he's just about to be earning what he's already earning and unhappy with, he doesn't even have leverage over the Colts on field product they already sucked with him anyway and can't get much worse if their QB hits they're gonna be much better with or without Taylor.

Taylor on the Pats would be so killer, but we know he wants a trade and also a deal, which is never happening in NE. They’ll pay Rhamondre before they pay Taylor and I don’t know if they’re gonna pay him either.

Lol good luck kid.

no way we trade for and give max contract to a RB

if we did that, i would go absolutely ****ing insane

Went from powehouse back to indatub back overnight. Don’t know what to think of the guy except maybe finish another year and show us a bigger sample before pulling this crap.

It will be WRs in 5 years as well.

Don't understand this, unless there's serious rule changes that bring us back several decades.

It's a passing league.

I wonder if Bill will be able to point to the deals these free agent RBs get next year and ink Rhamondre to a sensible extension next offseason before he becomes a free agent. Still feels unlikely, but if the market is weak for RBs and Bill has a great one already in the stable, might be a good time to try to take advantage of the market to secure a good contract.

I think the NFL needs to implement some sort of playtime bonus pay system for RBs that adds to their salary based on playtime. Significant bonuses too.
Its a more physically demanding position than most and they are more rundown than most by the time they get to their second and third contracts.
Fixing the salary system for RBs could also make them more important again if the feature back won't be as much a financial burden.

I think the NFL needs to implement some sort of playtime bonus pay system for RBs that adds to their salary based on playtime. Significant bonuses too.
Its a more physically demanding position than most and they are more rundown than most by the time they get to their second and third contracts.
Fixing the salary system for RBs could also make them more important again if the feature back won't be as much a financial burden.
Yegads. Welfare for the NFL. You get paid for your value. You have a budget and build the most effective team possible within the budget. Should you do the same for Free Safeties? I have to strongly disagree with this.

Yegads. Welfare for the NFL. You get paid for your value. You have a budget and build the most effective team possible within the budget. Should you do the same for Free Safeties? I have to strongly disagree with this.
Are you just ignoring the situation that is brewing across the league with the RBs? I don't see other positions as a group feeling the way RBs do right now.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back