PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ok, Ok, Ok..... Stevan Ridley

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I found out at the beggining of last season that our running back core would be formed by BJGE, a Jets cut and a 3rd round rookie who was considered a reach I wouldn't be too happy...

This was his breakout game that at least gets rid of all the doubters on why they used a 3rd round pick on him. That was in part due to the injury to Woodhead ( hope not serious). I don't think he is about to become the featured back, but I think he will continue to get his fair share and will continue to get better.Having watched LSU games last year,you could see his potential ( to my mind somewhat similar to BJGE), but at the NFL level, he has taken ever opportunity he has had so far and run with it and seems to have already start evolving ( hopefully in part from good coaching). Now he has to start improving on secondary skills like blitz pickup to allow him to help this offense to be come more balanced

not bad for a "huh why did we pick another RB" draft pick.

He has run very well so far and looks to be a very good selection. Here's hoping he continues to learn the offense and gets some more game time.

Hope Danny is ok after hurting his leg today.

Do you trust him to block and protect Brady from blitzes?

Not yet, maybe, but there is no reason to think that he won't be able to handle the job later in the year.

Running the ball equal to the pass is the only way this team makes it to the playoffs AND wins a post season game.

I want to see MORE BJGE & Company and less on Brady.

Plus the defense needs to stay on the sidelines longer....thats where they need to be more often :)

It doesn't really matter who is the featured back. By the end of the season you need two backs through the grind. I absolutely think they need to run the ball more to keep the offense more balanced. Ridley is much quicker, but Law Firm has proven himself.

Glad to have both on this team. Just wish we had some pass rushers

His 40 time is either wrong (4.64) or he's just got great game speed, he looks like a burner out there.

Or 40 times could be severely over-rated....

It's one thing to run in shorts and a T-shirt. Football speed is another. But I hear ya. He looked good!

It doesn't really matter who is the featured back. By the end of the season you need two backs through the grind. I absolutely think they need to run the ball more to keep the offense more balanced. Ridley is much quicker, but Law Firm has proven himself.

Glad to have both on this team. Just wish we had some pass rushers

I guess it could be worse.....Roethlisberger seriously injured his foot and Cutler was getting beat up again behind 2 of the worse Offensive lines in football and between those two teams there are more than 25 sacks between them already

Would it be better to have a pass rush but a horrid OL?....if you can't have both good then I go with our OL who has been magnificent.

I guess it could be worse.....Roethlisberger seriously injured his foot and Cutler was getting beat up again behind 2 of the worse Offensive lines in football and between those two teams there are more than 25 sacks between them already

Would it be better to have a pass rush but a horrid OL?....if you can't have both good then I go with our OL who has been magnificent.

we all wish we could be Green Bay who has a good offense and good defense. I guess we have a shot since we have a good offense.

you're right tho.

I agree 100%.

We have three active backs and you have identified their roles. We might have a 4th rb active if we had a fullback.

We'er in fine shape, with Vareen on the bench (or getting some reps if Woodhead isn't back in the next couple of week) and we have Faulk on the PUP list.

It has been a very long time since our running games looked so good. I do think a fullback would be the icing on the cake.

I think that BJGE and Ridley give them a very good tandem.. Add Woodhead as the "3rd down back" and live gets really interesting for the opposing teams. Ridley is more dynamic than BJGE in that Ridley is very good in the passing game.

He came out there today with something to prove. Like I said in a post earlier, this guy runs like he was shot from a cannon each time he takes the carry.

I think BenJarvis better watch out because this guy is the read deal.
BenJ has nothing to worry about. Ridley appears to be a very good back and we all know that you can never have too many good backs. The days of one running back getting all the carries have been gone for a while. I expect we'll need BenJ, Ridley, Woodhead (providing he's OK - some have seemed to forgotten how good he is) and, perhaps, Vereen. The emergence of Ridley in no way diminishes the need for the other running backs.

Last edited:
thank God I grabbed him on both my fantasy teams last week!!

I've had him since week one, just waiting for him to get more carries.

The kid has looked flat out explosive. It's really time to get him more touches. I'd like to see him get 15 carries a game, and give him some swing passes too.

BenJ has nothing to worry about. Ridley appears to be a very good back and we all know that you can never have too many good backs. The days of one running back getting all the carries have been gone for a while. I expect we'll need BenJ, Ridley, Woodhead (providing he's OK - some have seemed to forgotten how good he is) and, perhaps, Vereen. The emergence of Ridley in no way diminishes the need for the other running backs.
There's no reason why the Patriots can't manage BenJarvus Green-Ellis & Stevan Ridley like John Fox did when DeAngelo Williams & Jonathan Stewart were on fire for the Panthers a few years back.

Last edited:
forget the Law Firm. Ridley is exciting and explosive and just plain better. he needs to be the starter right now

forget the Law Firm. Ridley is exciting and explosive and just plain better. he needs to be the starter right now

You can't forget about Law Firm. In case you didn't realize he had a real nice game too. He is a tough runner that never fumbles, is pretty good blocker, gets the tough yards, and might be a better goal line back than Ridley. I think they way both were used today was perfect.

BJGE is not going anywhere! The guy can kill the clock and he hasn't fumbled the ball since fumbling was invented. Add in Ridley who can make those long gains out of nothing and you have what every team wishes they had, thunder and lightning :).

I bet you all can't wait to see what Vareen brings to the table, huh?

BJGE is not going anywhere! The guy can kill the clock and he hasn't fumbled the ball since fumbling was invented. Add in Ridley who can make those long gains out of nothing and you have what every team wishes they had, thunder and lightning :).

I bet you all can't wait to see what Vareen brings to the table, huh?

how is Vereen ever going to make it on the field? They'll have to let Faulk go. Whats the plan? Convert a few of these RBs to CB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft