PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ok, Ok, Ok..... Stevan Ridley

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they drafted him in April, I said "Who the f*ck did they just pick?"

NOW I LOVE IT

As is the case with Price at WR, Vareen will play if and when someone ahead of him on the depth chart is injured.

how is Vereen ever going to make it on the field? They'll have to let Faulk go. Whats the plan? Convert a few of these RBs to CB?

I guess it could be worse.....Roethlisberger seriously injured his foot and Cutler was getting beat up again behind 2 of the worse Offensive lines in football and between those two teams there are more than 25 sacks between them already

Would it be better to have a pass rush but a horrid OL?....if you can't have both good then I go with our OL who has been magnificent.

That's exactly the point that I've been trying to make all week. I challenge anyone to find an NFL team without a serious, potentially fatal flaw. Every single team has at least one. At least the Patriots create turnovers, which mitigates the impact of having a bad defense a fair amount.

Granted, we're not going to win a SB without the defense improving, but at least we have reason to believe that that could actually happen with all of our injured players coming back and new/young players getting time to improve.

Last edited:

NOW I LOVE IT

I was somewhat shocked when they made the pick (another RB?) but after doing some research, I liked that they had just drafted a possible FB/short yardage back, a young Sammy Morris-type player. I never expected him to have the explosiveness he's been showing going all the way back to the preseason. I'm obviously happy with the pick, and more happy I was off in my assessment of his skills.

He sure looks promising. He seems faster than his 40 time but lets not talk trash about BJGE. He might not get the big play all the time but hes getting it done. always getting 2 extra yards and never fumbles. As other have said, they have different roles.

Ridley is young, he ll grow and get even better so looking forward to it.

thank God I grabbed him on both my fantasy teams last week!!
Weird thing is the only league I could get him off waivers yesterday before the game was the Patsfans league, the one league I'd have thought he'd have been long gone in.

how is Vereen ever going to make it on the field? They'll have to let Faulk go. Whats the plan? Convert a few of these RBs to CB?

THink we're looking at moving Vince into the secondary :rocker:

As for Ridley. Well he was incredible last night.

Well done that man.

I think you answered your own question. Pats usually carry 4 (5 with a FB) RBs each season. They'll find a way to get him on the field, even if it's ST.

No disrecpect to BJGE but I'd like to see this guy get some more carries. I think he got a reasonable amount Sunday but he has got to be used.

Hopefully he runs all over the Jets lol

NOW I LOVE IT

Of course this sums up about 90% of Bill B's drafts....

His 40 time is either wrong (4.64) or he's just got great game speed, he looks like a burner out there.

no way in hell he is a 4.64... that has to be inaccurate

game speed wise he looks like a 4.45 (exaggerating)

the dude w/ no pads/equipment probably is a 4.4ish 40 guy no doubts in my mind

edit- does he lack that final leg of 40 speed??? I just don't see 4.64

Last edited:
ridley is actually bigger than BJGE

NOW I LOVE IT

I went right on you tube and watched as many highlight reels as I could. I liked what I saw:)

keep on it:cool:

I did same w/ Solder

Last edited:
He has a crazy running style, never seen anything like it.

REALLY impressed with Ridley! Great player!

Also my girlfriend was very happy to see him do well! After we watched the first pre-season game, he became a favourite of hers, along with Gronk!

Looking at the combine results.....I noticed something

Ridley benched the weight 18 reps...the worst was 11 reps...

BUT Shane Vereen was the best RB at 31 Reps......

He's actually looking quicker than he did in college. At LSU he seemed more like a hard runner, rarely brought down by the first tackler.

He is showing explosiveness, which is a nice surprise. (I expected him to be a solid addition to our RB corps, but he may exceed that.)

He's actually looking quicker than he did in college. At LSU he seemed more like a hard runner, rarely brought down by the first tackler.

He is showing explosiveness, which is a nice surprise. (I expected him to be a solid addition to our RB corps, but he may exceed that.)

You are correct. I remember watching this player pound holes through their pathetic LSU line. I saw around 4 LSU games back in 2010 and I was really impressed. But I forgot his name and I didn't really pay attention during the pre draft to RB. When he was selected, I, and few other Pats fans were mad. As soon as NFL network showed highlights of him and Mayock talking about him, I realized who he was. I was so damn happy. Heck, I even convinced some of Pats fans that the kid would be good.

His talents were hidden at LSU and that O line of theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back