PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Oh-Oh Peyton may not have broken the passing record after all

Bronco fans want to be Patriot fans of years gone by. They want it so bad. They want to be that arrogant, loud mouth fan base that gets to rub salt in everyone's wounds after blow out victory after blow out victory.
That's why they're so easily manipulated to have too high of expectations by Manning ball washers.
Love it! More Manning stuff on this forum than anywhere else! And you are pretty much the same fan base!

Bronco fans may be the most arrogant fanbase in the nfl
"Look at last year.

Manning gets ripped to shreds yet nothing on Brady.

He didnt have Talib in the 2nd half, Gronk, Ridley fumble im sure is mentioned yet Manning choked when they lost even though we were down to Hillman, Lance Ball, Hester at RB, two are off the team, the other doesnt play much.

Even though Bal needs a LOT to go right just to get it into OT with i'll just say some VERY questionable calls.

Talib thing is ironic given we didnt have DRC and obviously it showed but thats not mentioned.

But yeah, Brady rarely gets ripped by the media, ever."

Bronco fans biggest concern going into the playoffs? this is thread is borderline jet fan level

One of the posts in that thread that jumped out to me was a Broncos fan claiming "That call in the Carolina game (The Gronk PI/No-wait-it's-not-game-over call) was the right call."

I hope some defender grabs Julius Thomas in a bear hug at a key pass play in a playoff game and the refs keep their flags in their pockets so that guy can appreciate just how "right" that call was.

As for the passing yardage record, I'm a little surprised they actually looked into it. That they came away with the decision to let it stand was not a surprise at all.

You want Broncos fans to understand? Maybe asking the hockey fans among them what they think of Sidney Crosby; the Seyton equivalent in the NHL.

I'm not surprised they didn't take this off of him. There'd be uproar and not just from the Broncos' fan base.

The stats people were very quick to take Gronk's initial record breaking touchdown during our game weren't they! The minute the statistics guys realised during the game that Manning had made a lateral but was already benched, they were never going to take it off of him.

I'm not bothered if he has the record or not. If he goes one-and-done for the ninth time, his record will be meaningless to everyone but himself. He clings to his regular season records and a miracle comeback for a place in the Super Bowl against a Bears team most would have beaten.

Hey guys, Long time lurker but new poster. I have to agree that the pass shouldn't have counted. But I agree with letting him keep the record due to how it was scored on the field. He could have played the 2nd half and secured it better, but then he would have been accused of padding his stats or running up the score. Either way the dude can't win. Ya I was pissed when he broke the TD record but oh well. Deal with it and move on. We've always seem to handle them when it comes to the post season. Isn't that what matters? Why is everyone obsessed with one stupid play of 6 or 7 yards?

Hey guys, Long time lurker but new poster. I have to agree that the pass shouldn't have counted. But I agree with letting him keep the record due to how it was scored on the field. He could have played the 2nd half and secured it better, but then he would have been accused of padding his stats or running up the score. Either way the dude can't win. Ya I was pissed when he broke the TD record but oh well. Deal with it and move on. We've always seem to handle them when it comes to the post season. Isn't that what matters? Why is everyone obsessed with one stupid play of 6 or 7 yards?

It's league favoritism towards Manning. It is extremely unfair to Drew Brees to take his record away on a pass that just about everyone agrees should have been a rushing attempt.

The league routinely changes stats after the fact without giving a player a chance to make them back up. Why is this ddifferent? Because Drew Brees is the face of a team coming off of a bounty scandal and Peyton Manning is the poster child of the modern NFL.

I truly don't care about this record. It isn't impressive based off the last few seasons we've seen and I'm only upset with the ruling because of blatant favoritism.

It's not surprising that a Broncos fan would want the league to ignore the actual reality on the field when it favors the Broncos.

Manning doesn't deserve the record, because he didn't break the record. It's a simple thing.

It's not surprising that a Broncos fan would want the league to ignore the actual reality on the field when it favors the Broncos.

Manning doesn't deserve the record, because he didn't break the record. It's a simple thing.

I assume you are calling me a Bronco's fan because I am looking at both sides of the situation. Whatever u are entitled to your opinion. The reality of the situation is the record stands. Go cry about all u want but nothing is going to change. What else is there to be said? Is it jealousy that some other team besides our beloved Pats and a qb other then Brady are getting more attention? U can call me a Denver fan, Manning fan boy, troll, or whatever makes u feel better. All I am doing is looking from the outside from a different perspective. We our naturally going to be biased towards our favorite team, and unfortunately that blinds most people from reality. I respect Manning for what he has done and being an exciting player to watch.
I also respect Brady equally for what he has accomplished. Except for some of his wardrobe choices though. Some of his turtle necks and sweaters are really creepy.

I assume you are calling me a Bronco's fan because I am looking at both sides of the situation...

I called you a Broncos fan because it's pretty clear that you're a Broncos fan. You came here, posted in 2 threads, both Broncos related, and made comments that fit the perspective of the Broncos fan who's pissed at McDaniels.

Manning doesn't deserve the record, because he didn't achieve the record. My pointing that out isn't a bias towards any team. It's not a lack of respect for Manning either. It's pointing out the truth. Drew Brees deseves the record because he set the record.

I assume you are calling me a Bronco's fan because I am looking at both sides of the situation. Whatever u are entitled to your opinion. The reality of the situation is the record stands. Go cry about all u want but nothing is going to change. What else is there to be said? Is it jealousy that some other team besides our beloved Pats and a qb other then Brady are getting more attention? U can call me a Denver fan, Manning fan boy, troll, or whatever makes u feel better. All I am doing is looking from the outside from a different perspective. We our naturally going to be biased towards our favorite team, and unfortunately that blinds most people from reality. I respect Manning for what he has done and being an exciting player to watch.
I also respect Brady equally for what he has accomplished. Except for some of his wardrobe choices though. Some of his turtle necks and sweaters are really creepy.

How is it biased to say that wasn't a forward pass? Seems to me it would be biased to say the opposite — which the league did.

And the reality of the situation is the record stands EVEN THOUGH IT WASN'T BROKEN and he doesn't deserve it.

It's league favoritism towards Manning. It is extremely unfair to Drew Brees to take his record away on a pass that just about everyone agrees should have been a rushing attempt.

The league routinely changes stats after the fact without giving a player a chance to make them back up. Why is this ddifferent? Because Drew Brees is the face of a team coming off of a bounty scandal and Peyton Manning is the poster child of the modern NFL.

I truly don't care about this record. It isn't impressive based off the last few seasons we've seen and I'm only upset with the ruling because of blatant favoritism.

Favoritism towards Manning? Obviously it's the NFL vs. Peyton Manning. Not. If that were the case they would have gifted him more rings, obviously... correct? Get out of here. He broke the record by 1 yard. It's not going to stand for long IMO. There are obviously inconclusive angles of the throw and to overturn it you need conclusive evidence that just isn't there. Get over it. He broke almost every important offensive record at the age of 37 after having 4 neck surgeries and not running up scores on opponents. Let the guy prosper in the moment. The insecurity around here is laughable.

Favoritism towards Manning? Obviously it's the NFL vs. Peyton Manning. Not. If that were the case they would have gifted him more rings, obviously... correct? Get out of here. He broke the record by 1 yard. It's not going to stand for long IMO. There are obviously inconclusive angles of the throw and to overturn it you need conclusive evidence that just isn't there. Get over it. He broke almost every important offensive record at the age of 37 after having 4 neck surgeries and not running up scores on opponents. Let the guy prosper in the moment. The insecurity around here is laughable.

He didn't break the record, as is clearly seen in the footage. You signed up and made this your first post, and you're talking about this site's insecurity.

You might want to look up "irony" in the dictionary.

You want to talk more about it. How about you show us those angles?

I called you a Broncos fan because it's pretty clear that you're a Broncos fan. You came here, posted in 2 threads, both Broncos related, and made comments that fit the perspective of the Broncos fan who's pissed at McDaniels.

Manning doesn't deserve the record, because he didn't achieve the record. My pointing that out isn't a bias towards any team. It's not a lack of respect for Manning either. It's pointing out the truth. Drew Brees deseves the record because he set the record.

How would u assume I am pissed at Mcd? I guess u have me all figured out. All I basically said was look at what he did in Denver. No hate or bad feelings just pointing out the obvious to the poster.

Re: Re: Oh-Oh Peyton may not have broken the passing record after all

How would u assume I am pissed at Mcd? I guess u have me all figured out. All I basically said was look at what he did in Denver. No hate or bad feelings just pointing out the obvious to the poster.

How many play off wins did McD/Tebow manage? How many for Manning in Denver?

Over under on miserable calls for Manning in two weeks...I'll say three, with one late game monumental interception thrown by five head. Tracy Porter anyone?

How many play off wins did McD/Tebow manage? How many for Manning in Denver?

Over under on miserable calls for Manning in two weeks...I'll say three, with one late game monumental interception thrown by five head. Tracy Porter anyone?

0 wins for McD/Tebow, 0 wins for Manning. Whats your point?

Re: Re: Oh-Oh Peyton may not have broken the passing record after all

0 wins for McD/Tebow, 0 wins for Manning. Whats your point?

My bad, post season win came post McD

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

and

:welcome2:

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft