PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Oh-Oh Peyton may not have broken the passing record after all

...and if the call was made correctly on the field, PM would have broken the record on the next play. Who really cares. As PM himself said, this record doesn't mean anything when compared with the TD record.

...and if the call was made correctly on the field, PM would have broken the record on the next play. Who really cares. As PM himself said, this record doesn't mean anything when compared with the TD record.

Call correctly on the field? Huh? Refs don't make that call. They don't care how you advance the ball.

The record will stand…

Peyton Manning's passing yards record will stand - NFL.com

I don’t even understand why this is such a big discussion in the NFL – clearly Manning didn’t get the memo the NFL is a running QB league now and Brady’s 32 rushes for 18 yards outpaced Manning’s 32 rushes for -31 yards this season and that’s what really matters.

I mean he likely would have broken it on the next play had he stayed in the game but he didn't and this is really a binary thing, either he did it or he didn't, and he didn't. Elias and the NFL both look ridiculous and are just further showing their worship of Manning.

I mean he likely would have broken it on the next play had he stayed in the game but he didn't and this is really a binary thing, either he did it or he didn't, and he didn't. Elias and the NFL both look ridiculous and are just further showing their worship of Manning.

He should have stayed in and thrown for 23 more passing yards so he would have had 5500 yards and 55 touchdowns, that would have looked cooler on the stat sheet and made Archie proud.

More great new upon further review Peyton still holds the family record for interceptions in a season despite Eli making a strong run at it this season…
  • Peyton – 28
  • Eli – 27
  • Archie – 21
You want to talk about sucking the most interceptions Tom Brady ever had in a season is 14, Eli and Peyton have both topped that pitiful interception performance 7 times in their careers. Brady needs to get his **** together he is a bum!

In the history of sports, there has never been a surer bet than "I bet the NFL will let Peyton keep that record.".

Even Peter King got this right yesterday:

There are two things the NFL will have to wrestle with here:

Surely the Broncos will argue that the statisticians on site told them that Manning had 266 yards at halftime. Had Denver known Manning was short of the record, it’s very likely that Fox would have kept him in the game to get the record in the third quarter. So the team will rightfully be angry if the yardage is taken away.

There is little question that Manning would have broken the record had he played an additional series in the third quarter. Taking it away from him seems in some ways unfair.

I understand both of those points. But the fact is, records should not be manipulated based on would-haves and could-haves. Either Manning broke the record, or he didn’t. Every week, sacks are added and subtracted, and rushing and passing yards are adjusted based on mistakes made by press-box statisticians. A mistake was made here. It’s a shame in many ways, because Manning appeared to have broken the record—and he no doubt would have padded the numbers had the Broncos known that one of his passing plays would be reviewed by Elias.

But, the way I see it, I don’t believe the league can just say that Manning would have had the record anyway, so let’s just give it to him. I think the league needs to take seven yards away from Manning and hand the record back to Drew Brees

In the history of sports, there has never been a surer bet than "I bet the NFL will let Peyton keep that record.".

Exactly. Even though they've changed rulings like that many, many times every year, there was absolutely ZERO chance of them overturning that one.

Congratulations P*yt*n.

Bronco fans may be the most arrogant fanbase in the nfl
"Look at last year.

Manning gets ripped to shreds yet nothing on Brady.

He didnt have Talib in the 2nd half, Gronk, Ridley fumble im sure is mentioned yet Manning choked when they lost even though we were down to Hillman, Lance Ball, Hester at RB, two are off the team, the other doesnt play much.

Even though Bal needs a LOT to go right just to get it into OT with i'll just say some VERY questionable calls.

Talib thing is ironic given we didnt have DRC and obviously it showed but thats not mentioned.

But yeah, Brady rarely gets ripped by the media, ever."

Bronco fans biggest concern going into the playoffs? this is thread is borderline jet fan level

Last year Brady ran the football 4 times for TDs, the Patriots ran it in 25 times. Compare that to the Packers last year when Aaron Rodgers was considered the strong second to AP for NFL MVP. The Packers only had 7 rushing TDs all year.

If we're playing this, how to manipulate stats based on speculation game, how many of those rushing TDs could have been converted into throwing TDs if the Patriots wanted? I'd say 22 of the 25. In my mind, Brady has the TD record of 56.

You're right, he probably would have broken the record. But speaking for myself, I don't care about the record. My gripe with them is not doing the right thing.

NFL Spokesman said: "In this case, the determination of Elias is that the fairest resolution is for the ruling of the on-sight stats crew to stand."

Translation: Coach John Fox's conservative nature screwed his team over once again. But since It involves our God, Peyton Manning, we will not do the right thing to appease our beloved God.

I actually feel bad for the Broncos' fans, when Manning is gone John Fox's conservative nature will cost the Broncos games just like he almost(their God saved him) cost his team the record. He'll get the boot sooner or later after Manning retires.

On another note, I'd like to see this overhead view that the Broncos fans speak of that shows it looking like a forward pass...

Bottom line, there's precedent for making adjustments like this. Not doing it because it broke the record is just wrong.

"Look at last year.

And the fact that they have the best offense statistically, we all know what has happened to previous teams that were all offense. They get held to low points and lose.

He didnt have Talib in the 2nd half, Gronk, Ridley fumble im sure is mentioned yet Manning choked when they lost even though we were down to Hillman, Lance Ball, Hester at RB, two are off the team, the other doesnt play much.

Even though Bal needs a LOT to go right just to get it into OT with i'll just say some VERY questionable calls.

Talib thing is ironic given we didnt have DRC and obviously it showed but thats not mentioned.

Bronco fans biggest concern going into the playoffs? this is thread is borderline jet fan level

They try to make themselves feel better by believing in False facts.

You're right, he probably would have broken the record. But speaking for myself, I don't care about the record. My gripe with them is not doing the right thing.

NFL Spokesman said: "In this case, the determination of Elias is that the fairest resolution is for the ruling of the on-sight stats crew to stand."

Translation: Coach John Fox's conservative nature screwed his team over once again. But since It involves our God, Peyton Manning, we will not do the right thing to appease our beloved God.

I actually feel bad for the Broncos' fans, when Manning is gone John Fox's conservative nature will cost the Broncos games just like he almost(their God saved him) cost his team the record. He'll get the boot sooner or later after Manning retires.

On another note, I'd like to see this overhead view that the Broncos fans speak of that shows it looking like a forward pass...

Bottom line, there's precedent for making adjustments like this. Not doing it because it broke the record is just wrong.

There is no overhead view that shows it's a forward pass. If there were, the NFL would have it out there on every news article. My guess is that it shows a better view of it being a backwards pass. People believe what they want to believe. People see what they want to see. That pass looked like it went backwards by about 1 yard to me. There is precedent for changing the stats from a passing play to a rushing play cause it's what Elias does. It's pathetic that they are scared to change it this time. The NFL obviously told them not to change it this time. Peyton has many worshipers and it benefits the NFL to keep it that way.

Thought all you Pats Fans were not worried about stats! The only stat that matters is Superbowl wins. You guys sure are spending a lot of time worrying about the passing record. And its not even Brady's record he broke! I don't get it. Why so much whining from Patriots fans?

"Look at last year.

Bronco fans want to be Patriot fans of years gone by. They want it so bad. They want to be that arrogant, loud mouth fan base that gets to rub salt in everyone's wounds after blow out victory after blow out victory. They're like a kid that's been bullied and now wants to do some of it his own, they just don't really have the team lol.

That's why they're so easily manipulated to have too high of expectations by Manning ball washers.

It's like last season when the media was calling Peyton "the clear MVP" even though he had worse stats than both Rodgers and Brady, and he lost to EVERY winning play off team he faced, including Houston. Why? Oh, because he had surgery.

They change what the award is for to anything it needs to be to go to Peyton, even if its the "almost as good as other quarterbacks but after surgery" award

What these people say on ESPN is criminal in how dishonest it is.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back