PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Ravens POST GAME Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's MVP's:
Offense- Sammy Morris
Defense-Merriweather
Honorable mention- Butler (this kid will be a pro bowler)

The Pats weren't perfect today, but they are developing well on both sides of the ball and special teams have been good, too.

Brady is finding his confidence, getting his precision back, and the timing is coming together. The running game overall is working, and the O-line is doing what it needs to.

The D looks better than I would have expected considering the wholesale changeover the team just went through. The team is said to have no big names on D, and with no "stars" people can't figure out how they're doing it. well I think they DO have some big names- it's just that the names are making themselves as we watch the games. Our team is LOADED with talent. Fast, young talent. Several times we had players less than an inch or two from interceptions. It's happening more and more, closer and closer. Within a few weeks, expect Merriweather and crew to be making picks at least 2, maybe 3 times a game. Then add in Mayo again, and things get very interesting.

I think the team will continue to gel, continue to improve and gain experience. By week 10, 11, or maybe even before, we're going to be very damned scary. No, the Pats weren't perfect today, but just know that this team is going to be a monster by years end on both sides of the ball.

Last edited:
IDK if this post made it in time for the GDT, so I'll say it again here:

That was one of the most poorly-coached "victories" I have ever seen.

The obstinancy, complacency, arrogance & predictability of this "leadership" would be disgustedly shocking, if it weren't so nauseatingly consistent.

*ROFLMAO*

You definitely know about being obstinate, arrogant, and predictable, that is for sure..

I always find it amazing that you think that you know better than a head coach who is being compared to some of the greatest of all time.. Like Lombardi. And, I don't mean by fans. I mean by the people who do the HOF elections and such.

How was it "poorly coached?" Or do you not know what you are talking about, per usual?

Re: Game Balls

Merriweather had his best Patriot game so far. Dude was awesome.

McGowan also made some plays. I'm loving this pickup. The way he's playing right now, it's gonna be impossible for Chung to get on the field.

Merriweather, Springs, McGowan, Wilhite, and Sanders had 33 of 65 tackles for the team today. This secondary is going to be scary good as the season rolls along. They already are above average.

Springs/Sanders/Wilhite didnt do anything spectacular. tackles are a stat but wilhite/springs allowed a lot of catches and sanders had a terrible angle on the play he got hurt

its good that they all tackled at least but...its not a good thing if your DBs are making all the tackles (and the blames on them for allowing the catches)

Last edited:

This defense is shaping up to be really something by the second half. Fast and smart. Keep playing this way and the turnovers will come...

4th straight game that the defense has allowed under 17 points.. Good to see.. I know they can't be perfect, but they definitely need to buck up on the run defense. Ray Rice gashed them pretty hard all game long.. The Ravens were silly not to continue to use them.

Wow. I knew it would be closer than the score (though that's close).

What a great game. Talk about tough play, I can't think of one guy on the team with sub-par play today.

Chris "Touchback from the Opponents' 40 Yard line" Hanson says hello.

As does "Wrong Way" Maroney (the schtick is getting too old - didn't he talk this week about going "East-West". Can somebody buy him a compass??).

I think we are officially back to Patriots football. Close games that are won at the end. No more blow-outs. Just hard fought, tough wins.

Scares the crap out of me, but it is the Patriots way. These close games breed character and will benefit the team in the end.

Game ball to Slammin' Sammy Morris. He ran like he was on fire today.

Brandon Mcgowan is a playmaker. Plain and simple.

Sebastian Vollmer is looking better!

Darius "Trucker" Butler...thanks for doing your impersonation of Champ Bailey with the tight coverage.

Bodden with the nice INT. Sad that it was the first but hopefully not the last.

Brandon Meriweather with the almost 3 picks today. He had his hands on more balls than a Navy Doctor.

Great game.

That really was an amazing catch/int by Leigh. I really wanted him to come back to Maryland, and play for the Ravens. We went to school together and he's a class act!

Great game overall. Defense played well and stepped up when they needed. Pats put pressure on the QB and it looks like Brady is finally getting on the same page as his receivers.

Side note. I got luxury box seats from work. Gisele Bundchen was two luxury booths away so I got a good look at her. Cameron Diaz was also in the same box so I got a quick look at her as well.

Also, for you guys... I love how the Pats were bringing Zone blitzes VERY GOOD IDEA!

Game ball to Slammin' Sammy Morris. He ran like he was on fire today.

Brandon Mcgowan is a playmaker. Plain and simple.

Sebastian Vollmer is looking better!

Darius "Trucker" Butler...thanks for doing your impersonation of Champ Bailey with the tight coverage.

Bodden with the nice INT. Sad that it was the first but hopefully not the last.

Brandon Meriweather with the almost 3 picks today. He had his hands on more balls than a Navy Doctor.

Great game.

Great point on Butler. He absolutely perfect coverage on two fades today, they were flawless.

Marony is still dancing too much during the game. He needs to run through the wall instead of dancing.

this is the most over used saying. it seems anyone who comes onto this forum and wants to participate throws this one out there to try and contribute... its actually getting ridiculous. every single thread this is thrown in there.

I really liked the pressure that the Pats put on Flacco all day. I can hope that this was the Pats last game without the Mayo. I think that it is only a matter of time before Butler is starting. Merriweather was all over the field today and was more of a factor in the game than Ed Reed. I still hate Woods at OLB, he just isn't good. Maybe Guyton moves to the outside when Mayo and Jr are back in the middle. 3rd WR really seems to be a need right now, Aiken dropped a few today. I thought that overall the Pats were much more physical than the Ravens today, and Flacco is going to resemble Nick Nolte getting out of the tub tomorrow morning.

ps can we find someone to return kickoffs? or just take a knee, because I can't remember the last time Maroney got it past the 20.

Last edited:
Boy, what a good game to win. The Ravens are a very good team, better than I had realized. But the Pats are better than I realized also, especially on D. I've been loving their progress week by week - both Tommy and the O and the defense.

Brady still isn't completely 'right,' but he's getting his touch and timing a little more each game. He really moved around well today. I'm not a LoMo hater at all but if the dude could get his act straight this team could explode like a $50 pinata at a 3 yr old's birthday party. And imagine if Tate comes in week 7 healthy - wow, if he's as fast and shifty as he was in college then we will be in great shape.

The defense is finding its own identity and the confidence is showing. Meriweather has been turned loose with success and the CB's are playing closer and closer to the WR's - did you see Butler make 2 important plays?? I know we'd be better with Seymour but the D-Line has excelled, Wright, the rookies, Green and Warren have turned it on. We've held some of the best O's to low scores - all without our best D player, Mayo. His return with Seau's arrival might blast this group into the elite of the NFL now that the pass rush has decided to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back