PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Ravens POST GAME Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our D didn't play well in the second half compared to the first half. They STOPPED fourth down from Ravens.

Well they stopped them once with like 5:22 to go. The 2nd time it was all help from Clayton. But this team played their hearts out today and this is a season defying win.

McGowan and Bodden have been great pickups for the Pats. One thing I've noticed is the nasty nature of the secondary - they really are hitting everything hard!!

Such a difference from last season's secondary.

One thing is for sure, Hanson the bum has to go. He's not contributing. He can't keep it out of the endzone to save his life. Unless of course, they're punting inside their own 30, in which case he'll give you that 20 yard punt.

You could find a better punter from the homeless squatter outside of Gillette Stadium. A hobo walking the street would do better.

Suggs hit on Brady?

Anyone else think it was a cheap shot?

Re: Suggs hit on Brady?

Yeah, I did. Brady had clearly already thrown the ball and he went right for his knees too.

Burgess started to show a little something today. I don't want to turn this into a Maroney fest, but the guy danced unnecessarily ONCE today. People need to calm down. He was getting hit in the backfield as much as Morris, Taylor and Faulk. Only difference is, Maroney was in more often in obvious running plays.

any wagers on the amount of Suggs' fine?

Terrell Suggs......started out real classy in his post game PC and then bought into the media's bait........."Maybe we'll play two hand touch with the QB's from now on"......"Hey its a rule they put in to protect the QB's....of course SOME QB'S more than others (with a smirk)".........Did the Pats get all the favorable "spots" on the field "Yeah you could definitely say that.....you could definitely say that".......wow.....what a case of Red *****!!!! Gotta win the game Terrell.......In his defense he did call the Pats a great football team.....and said "you can't let an offense like that get out to that kind of lead".....but in the end......sore a##ed loser!!!

Suggs will end up getting a fine. As will Harbaugh for the flag..

You could find a better punter from the homeless squatter outside of Gillette.

How do you get on the internet from there, anyway? :p

Marony is still dancing too much during the game. He needs to run through the wall instead of dancing.

Yeah, it was obvious he was going for Brady's legs. Glad that the ref threw the flag.

McGowan and Bodden have been great pickups for the Pats. One thing I've noticed is the nasty nature of the secondary - they really are hitting everything hard!!

Such a difference from last season's secondary.

The secondary is much faster and hits harder. That made a big difference. Butler blanketed Clayton on that last drive and stopped a TD, then he timed a big hit right as the ball arrived. Even on some of the completions it was close - I saw one play where Clayton caught a ball with Wilhite's hand just inches away. Some of the tight coverage and the big hits may have resulted in a few drops, such as the last play where Clayton clearly moved before the ball arrived.

Cover close and hit hard, and the big plays will come.

Karma's a B. Maybe that's why they dropped that pass at the end.
What goes around comes around.

Our O still have a lot of work to do. It was disappointing when they couldn't keep the ball longer after our D stopped RAVEN'S O.

I don't like us to win by 6 pts because it was too close.

Yeah that was pretty weak by Suggs but im not sure if he stumbled or not. Im not sure if hes gonna get fined.

I was not a fan of the last possession the pats had on O. They score a FG it is a 2 score game. 2 dive plays and a roll out which takes half the field away from Brady. I just did not see play calling to win the game thats all.

The secondary is much faster and hits harder. That made a big difference. Butler blanketed Clayton on that last drive and stopped a TD, then he timed a big hit right as the ball arrived. Even on some of the completions it was close - I saw one play where Clayton caught a ball with Wilhite's hand just inches away. Some of the tight coverage and the big hits may have resulted in a few drops, such as the last play where Clayton clearly moved before the ball arrived.

Cover close and hit hard, and the big plays will come.

Agreed. The pats secondary is so much better than the last 3-4 years or so and now they can blitz more because they have confidence in the secondary

Hard to say if it's intentional or not at that speed, but it was definitely blatant, and if I had to guess... well, it definitely looked pretty intentional. Thank god Brady saw it coming and got out of the way.

Good game overall on both sides of the ball. Although the D broke down on that final drive. Who knows what would have happened if Clayton didn't drop the gift?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News