PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Patriots/Ravens Postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not go that far, but he has been banned. Posting from New Jersey, if that tells you anything.

Whats that supposed to mean:confused:?

Time to start a petition: BB is not allowed to wear anything red in a post-season game.

Unless Kraft directs BB to rethink this football business model
Draft Trade Downs and Misses
FA retread signings
Failure to lock up key veterans before negotiations become bitter
Failure to aquire and retain OC and DC

BB looks like sh$t in the postgame presser
Has the game passed this guy by or what?

This is how I feel, not replacing good coaches, trading back instead of taking top tier talent, terrible FA signings, not sighing guys like Vince until the situation becomes ugly, piss poor defenses year after year because no one (lbs) is good enough to play here. Unless Bill changes some of his ways we might as well get used to this. Brady can't carry this team on his back anymore.

As a long time patriot fan I am starting to wonder how much spying on teams and stealing there signals helped us and how much of it was skill? If there was nothing to hide than why was the evidence destroyed?

Oh no not again...

Time to start a petition: BB is not allowed to wear anything red in a post-season game.

co-sign.gif

Last edited:
Jennings singlehandedly keeping the Packers in this game is another reminder of what's wrong w/ this team.

They lost today for all the reasons that some of us have been pointing out over the course of almost 12 months now. The best we can hope for is that Belichick is humbled by this experience and stops thinking his doesn't stink. Maybe then he'll stop making the types of absolutely idiotic decisions he made this past year.
Belichick is directly responsible for the mess the Patriots are in at the moment. Injuries aside, this team is laden with mediocre talent and the aura of the 2007 regular season accomplishments.

Kraft is an astute businessman. It's time he stepped in and suggested better ways of running his organisation to the footballl brains trust.

I love what Belichick and Brady have done for the Patriots in the past, but I just do not trust them at the moment with the decisions they have been making on the field and off the field.

blame bb.brady and everyone they all deserve it but did anyone exepect our defense
to give up 240 odd yards on 52 carries when they knew they were going to run right at the them ? Our front line defense failed as big time today .reminded me of the times when beisel was playing...

Belichick is directly responsible for the mess the Patriots are in at the moment. Injuries aside, this team is laden with mediocre talent and the aura of the 2007 regular season accomplishments.

Kraft is an astute businessman. It's time he stepped in and suggested better ways of running his organisation to the footballl brains trust.

I love what Belichick and Brady have done for the Patriots in the past, but I just do not trust them at the moment with the decisions they have been making on the field and off the field.

yes and also he has lost of lot of coaches and Jmcd's loss is the biggest this off season.we missed his creativity today.just called draws to faulk

yes and also he has lost of lot of coaches and Jmcd's loss is the biggest this off season.we missed his creativity today.just called draws to faulk
Indeed. That's part of the "mess" I refer to that Belichick has created. He's surrounded himself with yes men.

I dont want to hear about final 8 , or how many draft picks we have... The reason why we lost today, because of no offensive cooridnators , no wr, no pass rush... this is Belichick's biggest offseason coming up here as a Pats head coach...

I can't hold it in any longer. the reson we lost. Ray rice (a good running back) had a deflating run 1st oplay of the game then 1st series of the game matt light gets beat by a good pass rusher... down 14-0 in the 1st minutes. That is what lost today that rattled people. It was a loss... chill out people you can't win a superbowl every year and were you expecting to this year?

Is it possible BB is fired outright? Or maybe he retires. The game seems to have passed him by.

Not trying to be obnoxious, but that was an ugly game and an ugly season.

What's up with the move to smaller linemen? Ohrenberger? 290 pounds? Is that what we need? Even tinier guys get manhandled?

The offense is predictable to the extreme. They need an OC in the worst way. The defense isn't supposed to know what you're doing.

Moss I could see retiring. That might be the biggest story coming up, mass retirements. Faulk, Light, Taylor, Morris, Maroney is gone, Burgess FA gone (useless anyway).

Next year is a rebuilding year. Let's home someone knows how to rebuild.

sorry if this has already been brought up but one thing about this game that i haven't heard talked about much at all anywhere is a crucial kickoff. After we scored a TD early in the 2nd half we went to kick the ball off back to the ravens (at this point it was a 17 point game). Now i dont know if this was a coaching call or if it was a botched kick but we kicked the ball to baltimores 30yd line allowing them to return it to the 50 and thus scoring which made it a 25 point game. gotstowski's got a pretty strong leg which leads me to think it was a coaching call. If so, what a HORRIBLE call. You gotta kick that damn ball as deep as possible and make the ravens drive it. Our Defense made them punt the previous 2 or 3 possessions.

sorry if this has already been brought up but one thing about this game that i haven't heard talked about much at all anywhere is a crucial kickoff. After we scored a TD early in the 2nd half we went to kick the ball off back to the ravens (at this point it was a 17 point game). Now i dont know if this was a coaching call or if it was a botched kick but we kicked the ball to baltimores 30yd line allowing them to return it to the 50 and thus scoring which made it a 25 point game. gotstowski's got a pretty strong leg which leads me to think it was a coaching call. If so, what a HORRIBLE call. You gotta kick that damn ball as deep as possible and make the ravens drive it. Our Defense made them punt the previous 2 or 3 possessions.

The kicking game was a problem for both teams, for some reason. Both kickers were looking at maximum FG distances of right around 50 yards and, when I say maximum, I mean they were coming up short on 52 yard kicks if memory serves. There was just something not conducive to kicking today.

Jennings singlehandedly keeping the Packers in this game is another reminder of what's wrong w/ this team.

Are you kidding me? Everyone on that offense is playing good. Grant, Jennings, Finley, and Rogers is actually extending plays with his feet (Crazy to watch after watching Brady get strip sacked with a huge pocket)

Indeed. That's part of the "mess" I refer to that Belichick has created. He's surrounded himself with yes men.

Yes, which is precisely the thing he was supposed to be against, per Patriot Reign. That is a huge part of the problems we're having.

There are so many problems with this team its hard to imagine how much can be changed in the offseason.

No pass rush, no third WR, terrible play calling. Inconsistent rushing. Too many turnovers. Soft defense. Guyton needs to revert to a back up role. Thomas has to go. Burgess has to go. New DC and OC needed.

So basically the Pats need 2 new WRs, a new RB, several linebackers and dlinemen. Oh and new coordinators. Ain't going to happen, another year of mediocrity is coming.

There are so many problems with this team its hard to imagine how much can be changed in the offseason.

No pass rush, no third WR, terrible play calling. Inconsistent rushing. Too many turnovers. Soft defense. Guyton needs to revert to a back up role. Thomas has to go. Burgess has to go. New DC and OC needed.

So basically the Pats need 2 new WRs, a new RB, several linebackers and dlinemen. Oh and new coordinators. Ain't going to happen, another year of mediocrity is coming.

It is a pretty daunting list there for sure - But i think with good a OC and a good 3rd WR we should be better next year already. The defense played O.K this year (remember they have been put in HORRIBLE field position all year, its hard to stop teams from scoring from your own 20).

Last year, and during our SB years we had LESS talent than we do now on the offensive side of the ball (#1 WR being branch or caldwell...what!?) and we were a better team - This to me spells coaching. We NEED a OC. With a better offense our defense as it stands will benefit and will be better

Easily the worst season of the BB/Brady combo era. It's either a sign of things to come or just a bump in the road....

I thought 2002-03 was the worst season (missed the playoffs, also).
I wonder what we were thinking then? We had Bruschi, Vrabes, McGinest, etc but could not stop the run all year. I remember thinking that 2001 was our one great season and we'd never win another SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back