PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Patriots/Ravens Postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easily the worst season of the BB/Brady combo era. It's either a sign of things to come or just a bump in the road.

Pats got their butt kicked. Doesn't hurt as bad as previous postseason losses considering this team has been disappointing all year long.

I'll be rooting for the Ravens against the Colts, that's for sure.

dont think we were this bad a team and ravens are this good.pats struggled on offense sure but the defense when it jnew that they hd to stop the run got manhandled today nothing being a perfect example than the ravens drive from their own endzoen before the halff
ST sucked at times and if the ravens dont start -4-5drives in pats territory then it couldvre been diff
team was shocked with the start and couldnt recover just like past pats teams which never came back from huge deficits like 24-0.
the whole season has been uneven and its fitting it ended like this sadly.

The good -

Ummmm Edelman. Faulk was okay. Junior Seau? That's about where it ends.

The bad-

Everyone else not in the good or ugly.

The ugly

Coaching staff: 2 weeks to prepare for this match, and we looked totally unprepared offensively for anything Baltimore threw at us. Awful playcalling offensively as always.

Brady: 2 early turnovers killed us. 2 more costly picks afterwards pressing into tight coverage. Didn't show up period.

Moss: Didn't show up except for a penalty that killed us late first half. Only hurt us today, not what you expect from your $10 M wideout.

Merriweather: Fatal mistake on the first play. The absolute anti-safety on that play and it pretty much set the tone for the rest of the team to mail it in. Plenty more bad tackling on subsequent drives.

I dont want to hear about final 8 , or how many draft picks we have... The reason why we lost today, because of no offensive cooridnators , no wr, no pass rush... this is Belichick's biggest offseason coming up here as a Pats head coach...
I said that last off season.

Belichick seems emotionally distraught in the presser.

They lost today for all the reasons that some of us have been pointing out over the course of almost 12 months now. The best we can hope for is that Belichick is humbled by this experience and stops thinking his doesn't stink. Maybe then he'll stop making the types of absolutely idiotic decisions he made this past year.

Unless Kraft directs BB to rethink this football business model
Draft Trade Downs and Misses
FA retread signings
Failure to lock up key veterans before negotiations become bitter
Failure to aquire and retain OC and DC

BB looks like sh$t in the postgame presser
Has the game passed this guy by or what?

Belichick way pissed off at the presser.

Faulk and Edelman came to play.

I guess the rest didn't get the memo about this being the season and all that.

Brady's lack of emotion/leadership was appalling.

Last edited:
I was disgusted by the run defense and the offensive line today. I didn't see this poor game from Randy Moss that some have mentioned as he wasn't ever given a chance to make a play deep and might have been the only Patriot who didn't drop a ball today.

It seemed quite clear that the Raven were ready for just about everything the Patriots threw at them offensively and defensively. We couldn't stop a one dimensional Ravens offense and on the other side of the ball the Ravens seemed to know exactly what the Patriots were doing. I'd say the Patriots have been out coached frequently this year as evidenced by the number of blown leads. Too predictable on offense and couldn't find a way to pressure the opposing passer all year long.

I know its like bashing god or something but Belichick has to take a LOT of the blame for this season

1 - The offseason was incredibly poor
2- Why did we trade away our best defensive player and all our defensive leaders
3 - Why did not replace McDaniels
4 - Why, when even my dog could see the offensive playcalling sucked, did he stay with it
5 - Those idiotic 4th down calls
6 - Why did we go into the season knowing full well we had next to no pass rush (Pierre Woods ffs)
7 - The cancerous locker room - sending guys home etc

Something is rotten inside that locker room now and the way Brady is acting, playing etc (and Moss) I get the view they're not happy at all

The team really needs a fresh injection of ideas, motviation etc because as good as it has been, its gone real stale

dont read too much into it. they were down 24 -0 before they knew the game has started. its obvious to go the body language route but fire and swagger and all that crap does not win games.you need good players and aiken and slater and edelman are not going to get you anywhere along with a dline which got manhandled by a team with a QB who threw for less than 50 yards.

Belichick seems emotionally distraught in the presser.

He needs to be, he can not be satisfied with mediocrity. We are the New England Patriots, not the one and done Colts.

I was disgusted by the run defense and the offensive line today. I didn't see this poor game from Randy Moss that some have mentioned as he wasn't ever given a chance to make a play deep and might have been the only Patriot who didn't drop a ball today.

It seemed quite clear that the Raven were ready for just about everything the Patriots threw at them offensively and defensively. We couldn't stop a one dimensional Ravens offense and on the other side of the ball the Ravens seemed to know exactly what the Patriots were doing. I'd say the Patriots have been out coached frequently this year as evidenced by the number of blown leads. Too predictable on offense and couldn't find a way to pressure the opposing passer all year long.

Well I guess since most of the board knew what plays were coming I guess the Rat's DC had no trouble anticipating either

Last edited:
BB said he wasn't shocked.

That question in BB's presser about "what does it say about the NFL that the Jets beat the Bengals, who were higher ranked, and the Ravens beat the Patriots, who were higher ranked?" was mind-numbing. May well have been the stupidest question I've heard at a BB postgame press conference...

That was ugly!

I'd rather have the 3rd and 5th round draft picks back from the Oakland Raiders for Derrick Burgess.

On defense, I realistically don't see the following players on the 2010 New England Patriots roster:

Derrick Burgess
Jarvis Green
Adalius Thomas

To watch this team run over was disheartening.

He knew the offense was screwed with out Wes Welker...

Maroney is a joke.... he gave to many games away, too many turnovers...

Thomas- Dont let the door hit u on the way out...

the o line someting needs to change... Vollmer at lt

If we were thinking Sam Aiken , Jullian Edelman and Matt Slater and a gimpy Bradon Tate our are Wr of the future, we are in trouble...

Why we didnt play Springs and Sanders early in the season is a mystry...

Need to consider one sobering possibility...maybe TB never is the same as pre injury TB.

He was dreadful today worse than Sanchez

Sanchez didn't face the pressure he did - let's not reach that conclusion yet. Otherwise the next few months will be unbearable.

Belichick needs to swallow his pride and get a real DC and a real OC.

Ray Lewis talked about how jus from watching the Pats on TV, he knew what plays there were going to run based on the formations we got into. If we are that predictable, then something must change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back