PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Patriots/Ravens Postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible BB is fired outright? Or maybe he retires. The game seems to have passed him by.

How you have masqueraded as a Patriot fan for 499 posts is amazing.

Last edited:
During the entire first half, the Ravens ran right at, over, and through Jarvis Green. They would knock him off the LOS and seal off Wilfork. It took an entire half for the Patriots to make an adjustment, which was to put Vince at end and Wright at NT. They also went to a 4-3 for a while with Pryor added at DT. The only time Green played in the second half was in goal line or passing downs. Green didn't make a single play all game and was an obvious target for the Ravens' offensive gameplan. This is BB's fault for the following reasons: (1) thinking that Green would be a semi-adequate substitute for Seymour; (2) not having a DC who could see this and make the proper adjustment after one or two series rather than the entire first half; and (3) not being able to anticipate that the Ravens would do this in the first place. You can blame Green (as I have in previous posts), but this is really BB's fault.

Is it possible BB is fired outright? Or maybe he retires. The game seems to have passed him by.

Not trying to be obnoxious, but that was an ugly game and an ugly season.

What's up with the move to smaller linemen? Ohrenberger? 290 pounds? Is that what we need? Even tinier guys get manhandled?

The offense is predictable to the extreme. They need an OC in the worst way. The defense isn't supposed to know what you're doing.

Moss I could see retiring. That might be the biggest story coming up, mass retirements. Faulk, Light, Taylor, Morris, Maroney is gone, Burgess FA gone (useless anyway).

Next year is a rebuilding year. Let's home someone knows how to rebuild.

no...so you have to find some other coach to root for..

How you have masqueraded as a Patriot fan for 499 posts is amazing.

I said that yesterday. Never seen him make a pro Pats post, pretty obvious he isnt a Patriots fan.

bradystrip__1263148526_4196.jpg

I thought nothing of that play. I was certian Brady could sense that rusher and would duck him easily. Ugh, yeah I was wrong.

gj Light!

i thought brady had more than enough time ..just no one was open...these 3-4 man rushes in the yr have killed us a lot..even the 2nd jet game in the 2nd half...they sacked brady with with 3-4 man rushes. Shows guys are not getting open agaisnt more players in coverage.

i thought brady had more than enough time ..just no one was open...these 3-4 man rushes in the yr have killed us a lot..even the 2nd jet game in the 2nd half...they sacked brady with with 3-4 man rushes. Shows guys are not getting open agaisnt more players in coverage.

Our defensive "pressure" is absolutely embarrassing. Did Flacco get touched today? Granted they didn't pass a lot but my god, he had forever to throw.

Last edited:
Just an all around horrible effort today. You can't give up a huge TD like that on the first play of the game. O-line didn't start out well today and when they did give Brady time, people weren't open and Brady had to try to force things. Brady continues to look timid in the pocket, but I guess I can't blame him with knee injury and broken ribs. The loss of Welker really killed us especially when the Ravens brought a lot of heat. Defense played pretty well for the most part but had trouble getting off the field on 3rd downs in the 2nd half as always. Our pass rush is an absolute atrocity. I can't remember the last time our pass rush was so bad.

My 5 keys to the game in that other thread were: Brady must bring his A-Game, stop Rice and McGahee, good play and communication by o-line (shutdown Suggs), good situational football (sustain drives, get off field on third downs on D, score in last 2 minutes of half, hold them to 3 in the red zone, etc.).

We didn't come close to executing any of the 5. We buried ourselves early with critical mistakes and turnovers. Brady and the offense should be embarrassed of their performance. The defense wasn't terrible, but it was far from great.
We did

Agree ... though he got pressure on some plays ...

He really had plenty of time on others but had
nobody to throw it to or did not trust which way they were going next.

On reflection, the first mistake made by the Pats was not taking the shady end of the field. IMO, the sun was a major factor in the 24 pt snafu. Kicking or receiving was irrelevant in that sun. It would have been much better for it to be in the Raven's eyes. By the 2nd qtr it was no longer an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News