PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Brady vs. NFL Federal Court 8/12 Thread (LIVE UPDATES)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now the latest report is there may be witnesses called in next week's hearing and that may include M&J.

Good. Get it all open. Let's hope Kensil and Mort doesn't have other plans for that day as well.

Id be happy with him just directly pointing out the absurdity in the NFLs arguments.
His original Motion to Vacate actually did a very good job of that. Now, he's just trying to convince a judge.

So now the latest report is there may be witnesses called in next week's hearing and that may include M&J.

Good. Get it all open. Let's hope Kensil and Mort doesn't have other plans for that day as well.
Agreed but gawd I hope they hold up.

• Agree
Reactions: SVN

but it's an Espn report, so it's probably bogus.

I'm not worried about this because the only outcome I absolutely dread is if Brady decided to "admit" guilt in exchange for no suspension and the moment he went under oath the chances of that happening became 0%.
As I understand it (subject to correction by an attorney), Brady can't admit guilt because to do so would require that he perjure himself, which would open him to criminal prosecution. So, you don't have to worry about that one.

Has anyone been able to find out how Goodell fared in his contempt hearing yesterday?

Sou our franchise well being may rest on a Dorito Dink? :eek:
That was my first reaction. Brady's suspention will be upheld or vacated based on the testimony of these two guys.

The good news is that they were basically interrogated for 20 hours and didn't admit to anything. That tells me a lot them.

brady better show up to that hearing..

not sure what to think of the court allowing him to skip the hearing. is that bad???
I understand that he can change his mind, but he's said that neither Brady nor Goodell need to be present. I think he did that because, according to all reports, neither of them said a word on Wednesday other than to introduce themselves. The attorneys for both know what they can and cannot accept on their behalf, so there's no need for them to be there. In addition, Brady's presence just creates a circus atmosphere outside; I don't think Judge Berman likes circuses on Worth Street.

My word, can this just be over already....

No one cares about this anymore besides Patriot fans who want to see Brady exonerated. The rest of the league, and Pats fans alike, just want to talk about the actual game.

The league needs to take a hint. Pride comes before the fall. Bend the knee, admit you're wrong and let it go already. How much money do these people need to blow on fake reports and lawyer fees before it becomes clear...

Unless McNally and Jastremski come willingly they won't be at the hearing on Wednesday because as of right now the judge has not ordered them to appear.

Hell Brady and ****dell are allowed to skip it. Although that's clearly a test by Berman.

That was my first reaction. Brady's suspention will be upheld or vacated based on the testimony of these two guys.

The good news is that they were basically interrogated for 20 hours and didn't admit to anything. That tells me a lot them.
Personally, I don't think they have anything to hide that could hurt Brady. But those 20 hours weren't under oath and pain of perjury with some of the questions being asked by the Federal Judge who put Michael Douglas' kid in prison for 20 years and at least one terrorist away for around 90 years....not to mention the centuries he's doled out to lesser known folks. Still, until someone tells me that I should be worried about either of them saying something that would blow the whole thing sky high, I'm fine.

It tells me that there was nothing to admit.

It could also be that judge berman wants to hear from "client confidential" pash

Unless McNally and Jastremski come willingly they won't be at the hearing on Wednesday because as of right now the judge has not ordered them to appear.

Hell Brady and ****dell are allowed to skip it. Although that's clearly a test by Berman.
Thanks, that's very helpful. I think they would have been informed by now if their presence in another state were required on Wednesday. Thanks.

It could also be that judge berman wants to hear from "client confidential" pash
Or he wants Wells under oath on how impartial he actually was and whether he was acting as an independent investigator :rolleyes: or a hired gun.

Personally, I don't think they have anything to hide that could hurt Brady. But those 20 hours weren't under oath and pain of perjury with some of the questions being asked by the Federal Judge who put Michael Douglas' kid in prison for 20 years and at least one terrorist away for around 90 years....not to mention the centuries he's doled out to lesser known folks. Still, until someone tells me that I should be worried about either of them saying something that would blow the whole thing sky high, I'm fine.
Agreed. Hopefully they have retained their own or are be represented by Patriots' council.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes