PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Brady vs. NFL Federal Court 8/12 Thread (LIVE UPDATES)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!!!!!

CMOe6WUUMAAX4JU.jpg

Of course most importantly I want the judge to lift Bradys suspension but I also hope he makes some kind of statement that this is embarrassing to the league, that they hurt a man's reputation without zero evidence. Or some kind of strong statement about how wrong the league was with this.
This. This this this.

So are they done for the day? Left court house?

Yes they are but I read that Brady and Goodell were to meet with the judge after the hearing.

Not sure if I read that correctly or not.

I can't agree with that. It seems to me you have to show that a thing was done before you can argue over who did it. There has to be an "it" before there can be a "who".

Yes in a perfect world but the charges against Brady are he was involved in a conspiracy to a crime more or less. The NFL has no direct evidence of this and no one disputes this really. This is a far easier thing to get to then to get in the dirty work of the science of PSI. Judge basically ended the conspiracy and generally aware aspect today with this leaving only the non cooperation. The non cooperation stands independent of the PSI issue too as you can be non cooperative with something you are innocent of. Now in a perfect world the NFL would realize in court they will lose on non cooperation too and be happy that Brady seems open to a fine to end this all but NFL won't, can't back down for political reasons. Roger has turned the NFL offices into Hitler's bunker in Berlin and defeatist talk won't be tolerated.

I'm hoping TFB gets more reps with the first team after today.

Steph Stradley will be on WEEI in a minute or two

Can we start rumors stating, "If a settlement is made within the next day or two, that the NFL knows it has no case against TB and they will ultimately lose." Trying to use child-like reverse psychology on that arrogant Goodell.

Yes in a perfect world but the charges against Brady are he was involved in a conspiracy to a crime more or less. The NFL has no direct evidence of this and no one disputes this really. This is a far easier thing to get to then to get in the dirty work of the science of PSI. Judge basically ended the conspiracy and generally aware aspect today with this leaving only the non cooperation. The non cooperation stands independent of the PSI issue too as you can be non cooperative with something you are innocent of. Now in a perfect world the NFL would realize in court they will lose on non cooperation too and be happy that Brady seems open to a fine to end this all but NFL won't, can't back down for political reasons. Roger has turned the NFL offices into Hitler's bunker in Berlin and defeatist talk won't be tolerated.
From the tenor of this AM's reports, this looks like it's going to be a win but, to my mind, an ugly win. Like all ugly wins, better a win than not. But it leaves me wanting more.

I don't know if Brady has a case of defamation against the League, but he certainly has one against the court artist:

CMOYcQ4WoAA2MT-.jpg:large

For real, what does Gisele see in that guy?

Last edited:
Last edited:
non-cooperation should not be an issue. brady did everything that was asked of him.

My interpretation is that the NFL has no real proof so they cannot indict.

In addition, this is the first case ever where a player has had no proof and is suspended. The NFL needs to re-evaluate what they are doing. They have embarassed themselves and Goodell should be fired and sued. He is the scum of the earth

From the tenor of this AM's reports, this looks like it's going to be a win but, to my mind, an ugly win. Like all ugly wins, better a win than not. But it leaves me wanting more.
Problem is without a deal even when Brady wins in court here, NFL can appeal etc... does not necessarily end this.

Problem is without a deal even when Brady wins in court here, NFL can appeal etc... does not necessarily end this.
Looking forward to what's in store for Roger tomorrow. Contempt of court anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back