PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2008 NFL Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is an awesome deal from a Ravens' perspective.

Really? I think the Jaguars got the better of the deal. They moved up 18 spots and saved their 2nd. That said, it works out for the Ravens too, since they'll get a guy like Henne, Flacco, or Brohm cheaper.

I want Mayo, DRC, or McKelvin.

or trade down 3 more spots. that's fun.

Should the Pats TRADE DOWN again?? I say if we drop no lower than #16, yeah, why the hell not? :)

If they want Mayo I don't think they trade below 14 since the Lions want Mayo supposedly.

With the bengals taking Rivers (which I believe is the pick), I think the Patriots will attempt to trade down, again. If they're forced to stay put and use the tenth overall pick, then Ryan Clady, Albert, Groves, and some of the CB's could be options.

So, if they Patriots are selecting at 10th overall, then I believe it could be Ryan Clady, but I'm hoping they trade down, again.

I hope it's not Mayo. I'd be fine with an OL if it's Albert. I'll pass on the corners here. If they trade down again that makes more sense - the top rated corners aren't that much better than the second tier corners in our system.

Really? I think the Jaguars got the better of the deal. They moved up 18 spots and saved their 2nd. That said, it works out for the Ravens too, since they'll get a guy like Henne, Flacco, or Brohm cheaper.

Jax just got RAPED for the most overrated player on Day One.

Good. The two players I didn't want are gone -- Ellis and Rivers.

Any pick from here on is fine. Breathes easy...:singing:

Totally agree with you. It would of ruined my day if either or were picked. And you can quote me on that now matter what they do with their respective careers.

I just think an O-Lineman would be a boring pick. :(

I'm sure it would be good in the long run but..........I just wanna be excited today. lol

For the BAL-JAC trade, all BAL gets is two thirds (ironically, one of them was theirs to begin with, and went through two other teams before getting back to BAL) and a fourth.

LMFAO at the song playing in the background:D

Mayock says we won't take Albert...damn.

He says either DRC or Mayo. Yuk. I hope he's finally wrong.

Pick is in...

Mayock says we won't take Albert...damn.

He says either DRC or Mayo. Yuk. I hope he's finally wrong.

I TOLD YOU the Pats wouldn't draft a GUARD with a top 10 pick. :p I don't see what's so special about Albert anyways. I would be ok with him at 20 but not 10.

Jax just got RAPED for the most overrated player on Day One.

They moved up 18 spots and gave up just 2 3rds and a 4th. They moved up from the late 20s to the top 10. I don't think you realize how big of a jump that is.

If the Pats don't want one of Albert or Clady, someone down below must. Also, one of the CBs may be enticing also. So far for the Pats, this is exactly what I hoped for, acquiring an extra pick enabling them to maneuver around the board targeting their players. Or -- just use the picks.

Day two will be a fascinating one to watch...

Well we didn't trade out so the pick is in and it is...

Mayo, LB, TN

pats is trading somebody again because the clock stops.?

Mayo.. HUGE reach..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back