PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2008 NFL Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
IT'S MAYO!!!

I like it.

Its Mayo. Guess Holley was right on.

Wow finally a linebacker after all theres years.

And the Patriots select . . .

JEROD MAYO, ILB, Tennessee!

I like the pick. I don't think Mayo was going past Denver or Pittsburgh.

Holy F*****K!!!!!! They actually selected Mayo? Unreal, and I give all the Mayo fans credit, I just didn't expect them to take Mayo at 7th overall, and I wasn't sure about him for their system, but if BB's willing to take Mayo at 10th overall, then he must have been impressed.

I like it alot. I think this guy's like Patrick Willis. Big, tough, fast, athletic.

Maybe I over-reacted calling it a huge reach, but I have to believe Mayo would have been there at 15 or so, we could have traded back again.

Well it's official. BB & Co. prefer Mayo over Rivers. :rocker:

Mayo! I think I like the pick. A versatile player is right up BB's alley.

Can't wait to see what the rest of the weekend holds.

Maybe I over-reacted calling it a huge reach, but I have to believe Mayo would have been there at 15 or so, we could have traded back again.

Just because it's likely he would've been there, it doesn't mean that the Patriots were getting any trade offers in that range.

For what it's worth, Mayo was more productive than Gholston in college playing linebacker in a better conference. He might not have the insane measurables Gholston does but those combine scores compare favorably to Patrick Willis.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tWLgYKi3JoA

Mayo.. HUGE reach..

Not the pick I was looking for, but I think he was a legit 15-20 player. So I can see the Pats taking him here. My concern is well... how good is Mayo. He is a little bit short and light, Hopefully he can put on 10 more lbs and keep the speed.

I LOVE the pick. Potentially fills a HUGE need for us, didn't have to reach (too much) and dropped the amount we would have to pay (from 7 to 10). I am pretty confident in Belioli's ability to get the right guy in the first round.

Well I like this about him.
"Mayo is a student of the game, spending hours working on his skills after practice and watching game film. He also has a natural feel for the game to put him right in position to make the play." :rocker:

Last edited:
Well it's official. BB & Co. prefer Mayo over Rivers. :rocker:

It's official that BB & CO liked Mayo, and I'm still somewhat surprised they picked him. Actually, I'm somewhat surprised they even picked a LB, but you can't really see they liked Mayo more than Rivers, since he went one pick earlier at 9th overall. That might be correct though.

Man, I'm still somewhat surprised they picked a LB that early.

I LOVE the pick. Potentially fills a HUGE need for us, didn't have to reach (too much) and dropped the amount we would have to pay (from 7 to 10). I am pretty confident in Belioli's ability to get the right guy in the first round.

I agree. I trust Beoli's decision. If they thought Rivers was better, they take him. Obviously, with the trade, they thought Mayo was better and picked up another third round pick.

Hell yeah! I am as pysched as pysched could be.

Finally the New England Patriots draft a linebacker in the first three rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes